Diablo® III

Diablo III, A great game but its not for us.

01/22/2013 07:12 AMPosted by MwagonDriver
Unlike your name, you are actually able to enjoy games for what they have instead of what they dont. I wish I could meet you, as I'm sure you'd be a true and loyal friend.

Thank you MwagonDriver :D

that just made my day :D
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 07:30 AMPosted by Xcluusive
if they target someone who's currently 25-40, 10 years from now do you think a 40 year old will still put in hours a day?

Yes.

You still fail to realise that we are the generation that grew-up with computers.
Its in our blood now.

Most players my age will retire and continue to play games.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 07:40 AMPosted by wi5pa
if they target someone who's currently 25-40, 10 years from now do you think a 40 year old will still put in hours a day?

Yes.

You still fail to realise that we are the generation that grew-up with computers.
Its in our blood now.

Have retired lol and all my friends are adults with time to burn.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 07:42 AMPosted by Buryit

Awesome.
Im well jealous, i cant wait till i retire :)
Reply Quote
Unlike your name, you are actually able to enjoy games for what they have instead of what they dont. I wish I could meet you, as I'm sure you'd be a true and loyal friend.

I used to think the same way they do, (with all the new video game hating and all that) but then after how much i hated sc2, I decided to see things from a new perspective. Now I think this hatred towards the game seems like a lack of adaptation, and thats totally boring.

We should all have the most fun, in all things we do.
With this good spirit, we can get all the funnest things back in our lives again.
Yay, -everyone-!
Edited by MwagonDriver#1159 on 1/22/2013 7:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
Please define who is us? Definitely doesn't include me. D3 can be much better but it is already very good, so good that I have burnt over 1000 hours! But I still hope for better content as the patches keep on rolling.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 07:34 AMPosted by RottingSoul

budding bromance?
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 07:40 AMPosted by wi5pa

Yes.

Its in our blood now.

ill agree what the op fails to realize is alot of the d1 and d2 players are over 30+ and will continue to play games as per what he said we grew up with computers. Actually if u think about it the 30+ generation is the ones that got to pioneer it in a sence. They got to test things back when everything had not been done yet...

Moral is There was to much no direction for this game to actually work.
Reply Quote
I disagree; i played D2 & D3 sucks.
It's not about the simplified mecanism, they pretty much oversimplified everything.

Not having skill/stats; it's good.
You can change everything in your character in one second.
Problem is the freedom/power taken from stats/skill of D2 was not transmit to gear just compare the number of equipement in D2 compared to D3 & runes of D2 over gems of D3.
If you want an exotic build it will be @ DPS detriment all the time.
Build like pemafrost WD/ 0dog WD are fun because they works thanks to special affixe or attribute.
All the others build of the game are based on CC/DCC/IAS, the more the merrier.
This equates to less diversity.
Reply Quote
Luckily how the world works is when blizzard changes is target audience

It opens up a new world for indie companies and great games like POE and Grim Dawn and TL2 etc

So we get other options.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/22/2013 06:58 AMPosted by Static
not nerfing reflect... adding a visual to see when its on.

You don't need to see when its on, though I certainly understand why you might ask.

I think part of the challenge, IS not knowing,,and needing to find out via the monster mouseover info.

That doesn't make me HC, it just means I enjoy a challenge,and am willing to step up TO it.
Reply Quote
View profile
Luckily how the world works is when blizzard changes is target audience

It opens up a new world for indie companies and great games like POE and Grim Dawn and TL2 etc

So we get other options.

No real desire for Poe on any level, TL2 seems fairly DOA ( check forums,,barely even one level is alive, and ive played the game and Im not impressed nearly as much as I am/have been with D3; different strokes I guess) and I do admit GD looks to be very fascinating, but then IL is behind it, so who knew.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 06:50 AMPosted by Xcluusive
Lets take arguably the greatest FPS ever made Quake 3 Arena

stopped here my votes for counter strike (1.5 being the best)
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 07:03 AMPosted by STING
yeh ok not nefred but this afiix will by not exist but somone ask it for this

i read this 10 times and still dont understand what you are trying to say

01/22/2013 06:56 AMPosted by STING
so basicly Blizard lisining kids :)

why yes they are since activision came into the picture
and anyone that has played any COD game on ps3 or xbox360 knows about the high pitch voice of the under age kids that are not even suposed to have the game to start with plague voice chat

that is the crowd blizzard is now chasing after
and since they are mostly stupid they need to dumb down the game and thats why we dont have skill trees and thats why the attribute points are put in for us when we level

sigh remember when games had dept and were complicated
thats what made games fun back in the day
Reply Quote
View profile
01/22/2013 07:42 AMPosted by Buryit

Yes.

Its in our blood now.

Awesome, and I hope you live long and prosper greatly ;)

Glad you made it to the Diablo series ;) ,,..FRIEND Me sometime and we can whack a few monsta's o_0 Time to burn sounds wonderful.

cu
Reply Quote
@op yes and no ...

i explain.

My soon is just 8 years old and have played diablo2.He is the new generation of gamer, right ?

He fast don't play D3 anymore since 7 month and play again D2 more than D3.

Why ?

Because 1-with Bnet 2.0, he cant make new friends ( anti social system / game name)
2- D3 begin at lvl60, there is no economy, public game, legend items still lv60 when with diablo2 begin at lv1 with sets, legends, runes, gems, jewels ...
3- ....

It's not a problem with gamer génération, but with game system ...
Edited by MaoUs#2639 on 1/22/2013 9:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
You are wrong. The game is inferior because it's too simple. It doesn't have the complexity. Also players expect more from an expansion. In other words players wanted this game to be D2 LOD plus more features, elements, monsters and MOST IMPORTANTLY -----> More Loot and gear. Taking out runes and rune words, charms, and jewels was a HUGE blunder. I do agree with you about the PK element though. This was also part of the appeal of the game.
Reply Quote
Edited by Reebsify#1798 on 1/22/2013 12:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
In the end, Blizzard won. They got the money from both groups, cashed in on their franchise/company name. They got the money from the "gimmie" credit card kids who spend money on the RMAH. Now, the long term players have mostly quit and all that is left are those who use the RMAH buying or selling, with the leeches like me who never did and never will use the RMAH have quit.

Sounds like their plan worked perfectly.

Only problem is, with the SC2 failure, panda failure, and D3 failure, the Blizzard name has taken quite a beating and may never be the same. But I have a feeling the people pushing the RMAH don't care about that, and they'll sell off Blizzard when the time is right.

With all of Blizzard's franchises dead, it might be the time for some major shakeup.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]