Diablo® III

whats better for pvp so far, calamity or mant

topic.
Reply Quote
manticore.
Reply Quote
how about spamming screen with calamity @high IAS?
Reply Quote
If you spam you give out your location, 1 shot impale/evasive fire gged.
Reply Quote
Against players with more EHP I liked the manticore. For players that kite around a lot I rather peck them down with a calamity.
Reply Quote
Against shield users, Manticore is better. You want to hit a shield user fewer times with more power per hit to be able to penetrate blocks.
Reply Quote
All of these manticore users haven't seen the power of a Marquise Ruby in a Calamity.

I would rather have a 1.9k dps 90%crit Calamity in one hand
and a 1K dps 195%crit Dannettas in my offhand.

You should have seen the dps on my turrets.
Reply Quote
I will be putting one of each of the Marquise gems in my Manticore, I suspect good Manticores can go over 2k dps with 2 rubies lol.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 08:52 PMPosted by Iria
I will be putting one of each of the Marquise gems in my Manticore, I suspect good Manticores can go over 2k dps with 2 rubies lol.

Don't think it will benefit as much I saw some number crunching and a manticore most benefits from an emerald and ruby not two rubies. Also the marquis ruby scales much better with faster firing weapons like a calamity while a manticore only receives a minor DPS boost in comparison to a marquis emerald.
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 1/22/2013 9:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
With my manticore and other gear 2 rubys give roughly 1.4% more sheet damage than 1 ruby and 1 emerald. The caveat is that the damage on critical hit has a wider range. Meaning the top end hits for 1% more but the low end hit for 4.4% less. The non-critical hits are what give the 2 ruby's the higher damage overall.

====Numbers=====(Based on current functioning of min/max damage on the ptr).

Base(1.0.6) One of each 2 rubys
DPS 1356.5 1682.0 2082.2
Range 891-1351 1112-1669 1332-2110
CC 62% 62% 62%
CD 538 448 338
DAMAGE* 5881.2 6354.8 6445.65

*Damage is DPS * 1 + (CC * CD)
Edited by atlasgs#1326 on 1/22/2013 9:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
With my manticore and other gear 2 rubys give roughly 1.4% more sheet damage than 1 ruby and 1 emerald. The caveat is that the damage on critical hit has a wider range. Meaning the top end hits for 1% more but the low end hit for 4.4% less. The non-critical hits are what give the 2 ruby's the higher damage overall.

====Numbers=====(Based on current functioning of min/max damage on the ptr).

Base(1.0.6) One of each 2 rubys
DPS 1356.5 1682.0 2082.2
Range 891-1351 1112-1669 1332-2110
CC 62% 62% 62%
CD 538 448 338
DAMAGE* 5881.2 6354.8 6445.65

*Damage is DPS * 1 + (CC * CD)

You have low CC though, once ou get that up more a ruby and emerald out weigh it, the manticore just dosnt have the attack speed to truly benefit from the ruby at the same level as a calamity does.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 08:52 PMPosted by Iria

Yep, plenty of manticores will be over 2k DPS with dual rubys.
Reply Quote
All of these manticore users haven't seen the power of a Marquise Ruby in a Calamity.

I would rather have a 1.9k dps 90%crit Calamity in one hand
and a 1K dps 195%crit Dannettas in my offhand.

You should have seen the dps on my turrets.

well, i have the US top calamity, but still I prefer to use manticore in the current dueling system...
wait until you see that two marquise ruby on it ...
Reply Quote
View profile
Being the hit and run type character, and the nature of PvP in its current state, Manticore is a clear choice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]