Diablo® III

Dueling Barbs

Try this build with two or more barbs. I am not completely sure if your ehp matters but this may be the easy mode. You don't need to be kiting.

1. Bola/Thunderball
2. Impale/Impact
3. Thrill of hunt

Basically it stuns them and knocks them back. Hold down your Bola and keep tapping your Impale button. I've stunned all three barbs at once and the AOE for Bola stuns and kills them at the same time. Seriously it really pisses them off.

You can stun them even more if you use Caltrops but I'd rather use other skills to up your dps instead.
Edited by blkdrgn#1658 on 1/22/2013 4:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
Easily countered by more EHP and Juggernaut. Also, Barbs can leap and furious charge over caltrops.
Reply Quote
^ not when you can do 300k+ unbuffed dps

At least not that I have found yet. I use a very similar build
Reply Quote
Try 300k dps stunlock build on my Barb, dare you to try it :P
Reply Quote
I've challenged three barbs all against me. 20+ - 0 record. Got kicked out of game. Just try it first and see how you like it. Don't forget to use smokescreen at first when the leap or charge. Once they stunned you most likely don't need to use SS again. Add turrets and spike traps if you want.
Reply Quote
The problem is stunning the Barb restores an enormous amount of life.
Reply Quote
Could be a good learning experience for me. Add me glitz#1220 I won't be on for a hour or so. Also I am focusing on more ehp then dps atm, but should be fun.
Reply Quote
I'll be on tonight, my Barb is killable, but you would need ENORMOUS DPS to kill him in a stunlock.
Reply Quote
I'm not like #1 dps Dh or anything but #37 ain't bad either :p
Reply Quote
I just updated my profile so I'm going to try an all around build. Lost 200k dps and 300k ehp for 50 more disc. Going try that out. I can still try but may not be able to. :p If not wait 72 hours and I'll be back with 400k+ and turrets. :p

And if I still can't do it. Revrac can. so there. :p
Edited by blkdrgn#1658 on 1/22/2013 3:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hehe same here. I sold most dps gear in ptr for ehp gear. Can I add you blkdrgn. I wanna show you some sick ehp dex stuff I have bought up. Been buying stuff cheap
Reply Quote
I'm #981 in PVP score Barb in Americas, RAWR!
Reply Quote
O snap!!! Think I'm 44-50ish US Dh

But tbh that means nothing. All about build and playstyle countering your opponent. Unless their gear just totally sucks. Amazing how balanced it really is when you are both on a similar level.
Edited by gLiTz#1220 on 1/22/2013 3:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
I just updated my profile so I'm going to try an all around build. Lost 200k dps and 300k ehp for 50 more disc. Going try that out. I can still try but may not be able to. :p If not wait 72 hours and I'll be back with 400k+ and turrets. :p

And if I still can't do it. Revrac can. so there. :p

Revrac can kill my Barb, but we didn't try stunlock. He just wanted me to leap into a pile of stacked spike traps lol.
Reply Quote
I also tried my MP10 level skills. It works OK on Barbs and Monks.

1. Bola/Imminent Doom
2. Spike Trap/Echoing Blast
3. Sentry/Guardian Turret

Each time they leap, charge, seven side kick, anything they get blasted from my traps and die almost instantly. Problem is are they courageous enough to attack? Sometimes you just sit there.
Reply Quote
^^ sadly I'm waaaay to impatient and normally chase people down resulting in dumb deaths. I do similar things in fighting games :(
Reply Quote
Also hope your not one of those rude crap talking whiny barbs. Played some barb Joch and he was ridiculous. Making up dumb rules when I would kill him and saying he wasn't ready etc etc
Reply Quote
If you stack -Impale gear you can do it with just Impale, gives you more flexibility (and easier to set up the stunlock) but you take a dps hit to wear that reduced cost gear - it's balanced out by the fact that Impale hits twice as hard as Bola Shot.

I've only fought one barb (probably geared similar to Iria) that could maintain a net positive healthflow even with Juggernaut and the like.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 1/22/2013 3:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
If you stack -Impale gear you can do it with just Impale, gives you more flexibility (and easier to set up the stunlock) but you take a dps hit to wear that reduced cost gear - it's balanced out by the fact that Impale hits twice as hard as Bola Shot.

I've only fought one barb (probably geared similar to Iria) that could maintain a net positive healthflow even with Juggernaut and the like.

Also, 1h xbows have a disadvantage over 2h since they do more hits but less damage per hit. This makes shield blocks more effective at more weak hits than few strong hits. And in case you want to know, I run with 71% block chance lol.
Reply Quote
Nice!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]