Diablo® III

Barb is OP because of LifeLeech on mighty belt

01/23/2013 06:40 PMPosted by Xuu
Simply because they take more damage than the other class.

This right here...
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 08:31 AMPosted by Veracruz
Simply because they take more damage than the other class.

This right here...

With 30% base damage melee resist, the higher armor value & warcry runed +20 all res ?
Yeah sure.
Reply Quote
Come to my thread and to talk about something that matters! Help me help Blizzard make more endgame content! Please give feedback too!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7708263102#6
Edited by Veracruz#1867 on 1/25/2013 8:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
1) Barb's don't take more damage than monks (not even close)
2) The reason barb's are "OP" is because of the great synergy of their skills / resource system / passives. In all honesty, the other classes should've been designed as well as the barb was. No barb nerfs are necessary, just buff the other classes a little bit.
Reply Quote
With 30% base damage melee resist, the higher armor value & warcry runed +20 all res ?
Yeah sure.

Warcry is 10%... And there armor is higher because str is their main stat... monks have more dodge... wd/wiz's more res... Whats your point. And yes. 30% base damg melee resist makes alot of sense... considering my barb probably gets hit near 4000 times in a a3 clear. How much you a wizard get hit? maybe 1-200 times if they aren't 1shotting everything and CM freezing everything. Please.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 08:36 AMPosted by EbolaVirus
1) Barb's don't take more damage than monks (not even close)

Depends how you look at it, sure we negate !@#$ tons of damage but we still took it. Monks dodge a large percentage negating all that damage. So yes. Barbs take more.

01/25/2013 08:36 AMPosted by EbolaVirus
2) The reason barb's are "OP" is because of the great synergy of their skills / resource system / passives. In all honesty, the other classes should've been designed as well as the barb was. No barb nerfs are necessary, just buff the other classes a little bit.

This I can agree with. Monks should have a natural spirit regen. Thats about it, people could argue more abilities for spirit regen but monks to gain life per spirit spent too much gen could easily tip the scales in Monks favor. Everything else is pretty damn well off compared to a monk in this aspect
Edited by Veracruz#1867 on 1/25/2013 8:46 AM PST
Reply Quote

Warcry is 10%... And there armor is higher because str is their main stat... monks have more dodge... wd/wiz's more res... Whats your point. And yes. 30% base damg melee resist makes alot of sense... considering my barb probably gets hit near 4000 times in a a3 clear. How much you a wizard get hit? maybe 1-200 times if they aren't 1shotting everything and CM freezing everything. Please.

Barb have the higher CD + higher CC in the whole game.
They also have, the more LL in the whole game.
For WD as I'm not a wizard. Getting hit 3 time it's almost being in the red, even when attacking.
WD & Wiz doesn't have the barb resist & armor, being hit is almost dying.

As some have pointed out, barb is a melee so it needs higher LS.

The problem is that right now, nearly every class is a melee class. Why? Because mobs often can't be kited at all. You'll inevitably hit that group that you have to face tank so you may as well face tank all of them.

The one thing that really needs to be looked at is the DH kiting ability. It blows. Escape mechanisms are all very hefty in cost and the companion upgrade is abysmal at MP8+. There is no viable way in my opinion to use a kite build with DH at MP8+. If there is, I'd like to see someone show us.

WD get off of this limitation a little bit because of the strong companions. However, WD bread and butter tends to be bears and soul harvest which require you to be in melee to work best. So yeah...

Range just isn't ranged right now. That's the problem.

^BTW this.
Edited by papryaka#1935 on 1/25/2013 8:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
How can a class be OP in a PvE gametype. I don't understand this logic at all and I really think much of it is fueled by elementary-level jealousy.

Calling for nerfs on ANY class hurts the game. Everyone should be calling for BUFFS...BUFF EVERYONE! Monks, WDs, DHs...everyone.

The beauty of diablo is that everyone should deserve the right to be a GOD with the right amount of dedication. And I truly feel that is the case here. I have seen godly DHs, Wizs and WDs as well as Barbs and Monks.

Each class is so strong. Sadly they are only strong in a few cookie cutter builds (different issue).

Technically for a class to be OP they should be dominating the PvP environment which clearly does not currently belong to the Barbs...but we are working on it!!

Watch out here we come!!!
Reply Quote

Calling for nerfs on ANY class hurts the game. Everyone should be calling for BUFFS...BUFF EVERYONE! Monks, WDs, DHs...everyone.

You didn't read the !@#$in post
Reply Quote
For WD as I'm not a wizard. Getting hit 3 time it's almost being in the red, even when attacking.

This is all from a softcore perspective I will assume. Sounds like your character is built for pure dps... Which is lame... like all softcore players... using the same builds same gear, and whining that they can't copy the 'Insert D3 Class here' above them.

Look at hardcore builds... Softcore in this game is lame... D2 had good softcore. This game... Nope. The design doesn't work. Has all of you pushing for high dps and not even considering survivability.

Nothing you have said is true on the hardcore side. Other then maybe the CD + CC being higher(if they use ruthless)... Alot of barbs are tanks though. Like myself.

And if it came down to it even with the softcore sides ridiculous dps, we would stomp u in pvp. Our best vs your best... ha you guys would'nt last 5 seconds... Because we build to survive...
Reply Quote
I play a Monk.

I disagree.

That is far from how Barb is considered "OP".

I will say that it creates a class imbalance since they have access to 3% Lifesteal as a passive.

Did you know the top Barbs don't even use a Belt with Lifesteal? They use a Witching Hour.
Reply Quote

This is all from a softcore perspective I will assume. Sounds like your character is built for pure dps... Which is lame... like all softcore players... using the same builds same gear, and whining that they can't copy the 'Insert D3 Class here' above them.

Look at hardcore builds... Softcore in this game is lame... D2 had good softcore. This game... Nope. The design doesn't work. Has all of you pushing for high dps and not even considering survivability.

Nothing you have said is true on the hardcore side. Other then maybe the CD + CC being higher(if they use ruthless)... Alot of barbs are tanks though. Like myself.

And if it came down to it even with the softcore sides ridiculous dps, we would stomp u in pvp. Our best vs your best... ha you guys would'nt last 5 seconds... Because we build to survive...

Good riddance that still not the point of my post.
Reply Quote
IE, my Wiz has no para levels and very few hours on her maybe 20, yet her res is MUCH higher then my barbs... He has probably 300 hours. definitely over 200.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 08:54 AMPosted by papryaka
Good riddance that still not the point of my post.

Your point isn't valid. I've gone over this. Barbs take the most damage. Period. Monks dodge 40%+ of the time, negating all damage... Wiz's can easily push 900+ res with prismatic armor, while staying well geared for dps, but aren't taking hits often enough. 'If your getting 1-4 shot'.... your beyond your characters abilities in my opinion.
Edited by Veracruz#1867 on 1/25/2013 9:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 08:54 AMPosted by Coolcoollo
I will say that it creates a class imbalance since they have access to 3% Lifesteal as a passive.

3%? Lol... thats like what... 1.2% after inferno reduction?
Reply Quote

My Witch Doctor has never died while in solo play and my eHP isn't even very high. It might be the fact that I have 2 invincibility abilities or that when I play my WD I'm a super tryhard pet-tank.

3%? Lol... thats like what... 1.2% after inferno reduction?

0.6% actually. 3 reduced by 80% is 0.6.
Edited by Coolcoollo#1940 on 1/25/2013 9:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
i think we could find a compromise here:
lifesteal can roll on belts, but only on Witching Hour and only if it also has > 150 str and All Resistance.
Reply Quote
This topic would be like me stating 'Demon Hunters are the only class with access to the fastest 1h weapons, they are OP, nerf them, or buff everything else'

Or Barbs/Monks don't get offhands with extra average damage.

Witch Docs/Monks can cheat death but my barb can't
Reply Quote
0.6% actually. 3 reduced by 80% is 0.6.

The inferno reduction is 80%? Holy #%^&
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]