Diablo® III

Barb is OP because of LifeLeech on mighty belt

Barb have the higher CD + higher CC in the whole game.
They also have, the more LL in the whole game.
For WD as I'm not a wizard. Getting hit 3 time it's almost being in the red, even when attacking.
WD & Wiz doesn't have the barb resist & armor, being hit is almost dying.

This is all from a softcore perspective I will assume. Sounds like your character is built for pure dps... Which is lame... like all softcore players... using the same builds same gear, and whining that they can't copy the 'Insert D3 Class here' above them.

Look at hardcore builds... Softcore in this game is lame... D2 had good softcore. This game... Nope. The design doesn't work. Has all of you pushing for high dps and not even considering survivability.

Nothing you have said is true on the hardcore side. Other then maybe the CD + CC being higher(if they use ruthless)... Alot of barbs are tanks though. Like myself.

And if it came down to it even with the softcore sides ridiculous dps, we would stomp u in pvp. Our best vs your best... ha you guys would'nt last 5 seconds... Because we build to survive...

This isn't actually true. PVP has a lot of different implications. I'll throw our BEST WD using Haunt against your best Barb.

Spoiler Alert: The Barb will die. Again. and Again. and Again.

Please use paragraphs and things that break the sentence. Its obnoxious to read (sorry).
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 08:49 AMPosted by papryaka
You didn't read the !@#$in post

Relax man. I read the post. But the topic clearly says a class is OP. When making headings like that it sends the wrong message to people as to what the topic is about. I realize you are asking for a simple change.

I simply think LS should be inlcuded on all offhands to increase build diversity. Should solve most of the sustain issues. I also think that DHs and Wizards have it DAMN easy now. 1.03 was utter crap to beat with my DH. Back when hitting a dps greater than 100K was a major achievement. The crap is a lot easier now and people still cry.

Gamers are not what they used to be and it pains me to see it.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 09:07 AMPosted by Coolcoollo
This isn't actually true. PVP has a lot of different implications. I'll throw our BEST WD using Haunt against your best Barb.

Everybody knows that a well geared tank will wipe the floor with a WD. Maybe softcore is different b/c of your dps values. But hardcore, a Barb tank built with around 50-60k dps is pretty much unstoppable.

Like my Barb can survive most anything in pvp, and i've seen barbs 3x as good. They may not know how to make a solid pvp build but I do, and with the proper gear(no i dont need lifesteal) I could wipe some smiles off of anyones face. This I guarentee.
Edited by Veracruz#1867 on 1/25/2013 9:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm actually 100% ok with mighty belts having LS. Reason being that they're a melee character and are supposed to be "in the thick of things" taking hits. But, but, but....what about monks?!?!

Well, monks have life per spirit spent. Granted, I don't play monk so maybe those values are super low and maybe those values need to percentage based (gain X% of life per spirit spent instead of flat values) but the fact of the matter is, monks have a way to gain more life per attack just as barbs do.

DH is supposed to be glass cannon play style and doesn't have much in the way of damage reduction passives (from what I understand), so not having more LS options outside of Gloom is in line with the character.

Wiz/WD have armor spells and pretty good passives for reducing damage.

I see no problem with it. It would be cool if there were legendaries (mojos, sources, monk head, quivers) that gave some LS or what not to allow for tankier builds, but that's a different topic.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 09:10 AMPosted by Veracruz

Everybody knows that a well geared tank will wipe the floor with a WD. Maybe softcore is different b/c of your dps values. But hardcore, a Barb tank built with around 50-60k dps is pretty much unstoppable.

Like my Barb can survive most anything in pvp, and i've seen barbs 3x as good. They may not know how to make a solid pvp build but I do, and with the proper gear(no i dont need lifesteal) I could wipe some smiles off of anyones face. This I guarentee.

Let's do some math:
We take a WD with 200K dps on his profile.
With 3% LL in inferno, it's means that he will get 1200 K life per second.
Do you really think that this OP by any means ?
Reply Quote
Let's do some math:
We take a WD with 200K dps on his profile.
With 3% LL in inferno, it's means that he will get 1200 K life per second.
Do you really think that this OP by any means ?

We just went over this...

3% LL in Inferno is only 0.6% after the 80% reduction. Thats 240 life per sec after reduction. Not much. My barb has 3k life per second... Without any life steal.
Edited by Veracruz#1867 on 1/25/2013 9:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 09:10 AMPosted by Veracruz

You must not have played any high-end WD's who knows what they are doing in dueling. They own everybody especially barbs. Only class that can hang with them is DH w/ legacy nat set.

I see you only have one barb in HC, so I guess they aren't many decently geared WD's in HC?
Reply Quote
You realize most high end barbs use witching hour, which doesnt have life steal.

Quit crying ffs...
Reply Quote
someone needs to call a humane society about someone beating a dead horse, if your getting facerolled by the mobs, you need to lower the mp lvl.
Reply Quote
@papryaka

Even if they do make this change, papryaka will just find something new to cry about... Once a cry baby always a cry baby... Can't teach an old dog new tricks. So much for improvise, adapt, and overcome...

You realize most high end barbs use witching hour, which doesnt have life steal.

Quit crying ffs...

I get away with only 2.9 LS for PvE and PvP... Stop being such a big baby...

Everything I see here is barbs crying about all other classes having a buff to raise their survavibilty.
Edited by papryaka#1935 on 1/25/2013 11:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
Everything I see here is barbs crying about all other classes having a slight buff to raise their survavibilty a bit.

Clearly you are misreading many posts. The argument is not whether to increase survivability. Here is the big difference between barbs and other classes.

Barbs never call for nerfs of other classes (even though they are getting slapped in pvp). Barbs call for the BUFFS of other classes to be on par with barb.

Other classes cry nerf barbs all the time and frankly it's childish and annoying.

Diablo is first and foremost a PvE game. Everyone should be strong. I agree that other classes need buffs but having a forum topic called "Barbs are OP b/c" does make it indicate you want to see a nerf to barbs.

Maybe if the topic was "Make other classes on par with Barb" people wouldn't be so quick to attack you as soon as they jump in the forum.
Reply Quote

Diablo is first and foremost a PvE game. Everyone should be strong. I agree that other classes need buffs but having a forum topic called "Barbs are OP b/c" does make it indicate you want to see a nerf to barbs.

Find me ONE line in my OP; that indicates a nerf toward Barb.
Plain & simple.

I DARE YOU, I DOUBLE DARE YOU !!!
Edited by papryaka#1935 on 1/25/2013 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
@papryaka

Find me ONE line in my OP; that indicates a nerf toward Barb.
Plain & simple.

I DARE YOU, I DOUBLE DARE YOU !!!

Stop ignoring my 2 statements...

I addressed your comment. How about you address mine now?

Stay on topic... Stop ignoring/changing the subject Manipulator...

Quit crying ffs...

I get away with only 2.9 LS for PvE and PvP... Stop being such a big baby...

Go read the OP the answer is in it, happy?
Edited by papryaka#1935 on 1/25/2013 11:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
Keep spamming & don't go read.
Thanks for the bump.
Edited by papryaka#1935 on 1/25/2013 11:58 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]