Diablo® III

Barb is OP because of LifeLeech on mighty belt

01/25/2013 10:34 AMPosted by OsKy
Do you even know how LL works? Clearly not.

Read more talk less, if your going to quote what I say and reply read all my posts, and the posts I have been replying too... Then when YOUR understanding is at a decent level, we can talk mechanics... And yes I know how LL works. My statement about it was wholely relevant to a statement made by papryaka.

Let's do some math:
We take a WD with 200K dps on his profile.
With 3% LL in inferno, it's means that he will get 1200 K life per second.
Do you really think that this OP by any means ?

If your going to call someone out, how about the fact that he hasn't mentioned how many units he hit and the whole dps to the group.

and yes LL has the inferno reduction still
Reply Quote
ok...

- DH have 2h + OH at the same time? i am sure all classes want skorn/staff + shield/OH.
- wiz can generate source on his helm/OH/MH (APOC) any class would want 30 Fury/mana/hatred/spirit on Crit (on gear slot).
- WD get Mana On kill! i want fury/hatred/spirit on kill
- DH/WIZ get source regen skills from picking up health globe - SO OP!
- almost perma Shadow Power 20 percentage LS for DH?! any other class want it too!
- monk(circle of life)-dh(Battle scars)-wd(For the Master) have skills that can fill their hp poll with just one click, its like having another HP potion - barb don't.
- why WIZ have such high Crowed Control skills like FN? i am sure all classes want perma stun builds also!
- wiz-wd-dh-monk get source regen w/o doing anything?! i am sure all barbs will want 10 fury regen per sec also.

the bottom line is all classes are different, and each class can be OP with the right build, set up and game style. if they all had the same skills, same affix roll - that would have been more boring then it is already!

* i used to play wiz then i played wd then i rerolled barb because i didn't like archon build or CM wiz build. then i played with DH and i am thinking of rerolling DH because i am already played all builds for barbs from WW to weap throw and HOTA and what not.
Edited by Brightside#2405 on 1/26/2013 1:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
sorry i just read up to page 9 xD. my main char its a barbarian i use 5.9 % life steal (2.9% belt 3% passive skill) on inferno it goes to 1.2% i think, still i heal myself 10-12k hp each time i got a critical of 1 million with hammer (406% damage) , it is suppossed that on patch 1.0.7 several classes will have some skills buffed because life steal and life on hit also works depending on the % of damage the skill uses but i dont know the exact ratio. other classes should be abble to gain life steal from other sources out of weapons or at least if they use 2 one handed weapons that the skills get the total dps of both and not just from 1.
Reply Quote
I can't deal damage unless I'm stand next to a mob.
Ask blizzard to limit the range of your skills to zero, and give you the 30% reduction.

Look at strongesr WD "ranged" spells like zombie bear you will be shocked.

If your going to call someone out, how about the fact that he hasn't mentioned how many units he hit and the whole dps to the group.

and yes LL has the inferno reduction still

Well every big attack that touch a group of mob won't last long, just like the regen.
I can already do that with Acid rain & 1K LoH, but as soon you'are OOM you are dead if still in the area of whatever Aoe elite spell.
Most of "High end" witch doctor goes with either manajuma or skorn with 6% LL to spam zombie bear.
Either they are able to maintain mana or not varies.
Edited by papryaka#1935 on 1/26/2013 1:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
people can say what they want to say.

but the fact remains, if it comes to life steal, noone should have it more than the wizard and wd.

yet these classes can't even heal themselves. Its such a !@#$% that everytime i have to buy a weapon, it needs to have life steal.

1. which will cost about 10x more.
2. which will also have a lower DPS vs the ones without LS
3. which is another reason why there is not build diversity
4. so i have no choice but to go back to CM wizard. because anything else, fail.
5. why would you give life steal on a build to a Barb when he refuse to use it ?
6. no one use spirit walk for healing cause they are constantly drain out on mana
7. no one use Blood magic on a wizard, cause it doesn't work with storm armor.
8. and if you can life steal your way with Blood magic on a wizard, then you ain't doing enough damage or in low mp which you wouldn't need blood magic anyways.
9. i think i made my point
10. give us lifesteal on source even if its just 1 percent. better than nothing.
Reply Quote
people can say what they want to say.

but the fact remains, if it comes to life steal, noone should have it more than the wizard and wd.

yet these classes can't even heal themselves. Its such a !@#$% that everytime i have to buy a weapon, it needs to have life steal.

1. which will cost about 10x more.
2. which will also have a lower DPS vs the ones without LS
3. which is another reason why there is not build diversity
4. so i have no choice but to go back to CM wizard. because anything else, fail.
5. why would you give life steal on a build to a Barb when he refuse to use it ?
6. no one use spirit walk for healing cause they are constantly drain out on mana
7. no one use Blood magic on a wizard, cause it doesn't work with storm armor.
8. and if you can life steal your way with Blood magic on a wizard, then you ain't doing enough damage or in low mp which you wouldn't need blood magic anyways.
9. i think i made my point
10. give us lifesteal on source even if its just 1 percent. better than nothing.

In the next five post someone will say too you: "you are a ranged class. period" & strangely it will be a barb player.
Reply Quote
Funny, my barb uses Witching Hour... I just use the 3% passive...
Reply Quote
I use the "TWH" also and farm MP6 and can do up to MP10 (although slow and will die at times)with my Barb with only the LS on his 2hander.
Reply Quote
Yea... Don't mean to sound like a #!@!@#%@ or anything OP and not really sure if anyone else posted this already because I'm too impatient to look at all this. You do realize that BARBS take all forms of damage including melee correct? Yea sure the Monk does too, but hes got passive skills that increase his resistances etc. a barb for the most part survives solely from armor amount, HP amount, and LL. Look at half the barbs skills and their runes ffs, for example Revenge, and whirlwind, and about a third of the barbs passives. Blizzard probably already knew what you're saying to begin with, It was intentional.
Reply Quote
Oh and the "Ranged Class" excuse is valid. You kill more than half the mobs you encounter before they can even get close enough to you to do the damage... Stop Whining...Seriously... I play a DH as well and do just fine without LL on her.
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 03:19 AMPosted by Reikokku
Oh and the "Ranged Class" excuse is valid. You kill more than half the mobs you encounter before they can even get close enough to you to do the damage... Stop Whining...Seriously... I play a DH as well and do just fine without LL on her.

Yeah.........in lower MP.

Btw no one have be able to answer to this:
If LL is supposed to be melee only(barb only) why is it on normal weapon ?
Not only on monk fist weapon & mighty weapon ?

Also :
Monk class Skill bonuses can now roll on shields

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6268658/6268658#items

"Oh my god that's not normal !!!!!!!!!!!"(barb reaction).
Edited by papryaka#1935 on 1/26/2013 3:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
dh op can use 2hander and a offhand ? also how babby formed?
Reply Quote
Barbs have far too many benefits currently in the game:
- No competing class for loot as only barbarians use strength, so gear is cheaper
- Belts have LS, which really benefits them
- Endless WotB which I would much rather have than semi-perma freeze
- The WW build is way more broken then the wiz's CM build was and barely got a nerf

There are a few more reasons, but if the other classes don't get a legitimate buff, I would love to see the barbarians, especially the WW build get nerfed to the ground.
Reply Quote
I've said it before and I'll say it again

Add lifesteal to Jewelry. It was on Jewelry in Diablo 2... whats the problem here.
Reply Quote
this has got to be the most pathetic thread I have seen by far.
Reply Quote
I thought we were OP because of wrath?
Or was it because of the 30% melee reduction?
Or was it because of our passives?
I thought it was because of our natural armor?
Wasnt it because mempos actually match the back of our head?
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:33 PMPosted by JohnnyPritch
Every class should have choice of LL on belt. Just saying.

screw the belt, I want 3% LS passive for WD - zombie bears is practically melee range and I would hope they make a change to cloud of bats so we can use that close up too (the ranged skills suck in comparison), I can live without the 30% damage reduction as long as the 'doctor' can heal himself as well as a mindless barb.
Edited by Mac#6734 on 1/26/2013 9:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 09:12 PMPosted by Rune
Barbs are the only class with an ever draining resource....remove the drain and add LL to belts, I would call that even.

I'd trade WD regen for barb's resource on crit hit + unforgiving.
Reply Quote
i agree too
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]