Diablo® III

Barb is OP because of LifeLeech on mighty belt

life leach is one of the affixes that is helpful when you are progressing in your gear.
demon hunter cloak gets max discipline and hatred regen. monk spirit stone gets spirit regen, WD gets mana regen and max mana, and wiz helm get max AP, and AP on crit.

barb belt gets LL along with max fury.

does this make it even? i dont think so. DH needs the hatred regen, WD the mana regen, and wiz ap on crit just based on how their class is built. monks though don't need such crappy spirit regen. barb reallyh don't even need LL on their belt, their passives and skills gives them so much already.
Reply Quote
These forum = read title & don't read the post then flame.
Edited by papryaka#1935 on 1/23/2013 10:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
i think they're OP because they can keep WoTB up.

Unlike CM Wiz where proc was nerfed greatly. I have a CM Wiz with 2.79 as and 44% cc but i still can't permafreeze.

L2P then.

lol
Reply Quote
I don't use mighty belts in general.

Is barb OP? Yes, because rend is a powerful AOE with a rune for built-in LOH that almost completely removes the need to stack other life recovery affixes.

My entire build is based around four points:
1. Life recovery.
2. AoE damage (let's face it, most of the time we're swarmed with enemies.)
3. Fury generation (You might call it overkill to use Cleave + Reaping Strikes, Revenge + Vengeance is Mine, and Unforgiving, but as long as I throw in a cleave every now and then, I literally have no downtime on resource usage.)
4. Wasps, fleeing foes, and loot goblins (Leap, Weapon Throw, and Ancient Spear + Grappling Hooks means I always have options in these situations.)

60% of the time, it works like a charm, every time.
Edited by Japhasca#1443 on 1/24/2013 12:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
Actually I have posted on this before.

1. Life leech should be avilable on normal belts.

2. Mighty belts should get fury on hit.

A little bit correction:

2. Mighty belts AND MIGHTY WEAPONS should get fury on hit.
Reply Quote
yea a weapon without LS or LOH is pretty much worthless for a witch DOCTOR who can't heal themselves despite being called a witch DOCTOR. 0 dogs is one build you can do without but I don't think it was intentionally made as an option - didn't like it at all.
Reply Quote
ok...this post is just stupid....classes have different advantages...just bc ur DH cant just sit in front of an elite and pound away and survive....doesnt mean anything....put LS on all gear you will start to see all classes going melee...IMHO monks are the ones that should be allowed to use the belts since they are a melee class....wizards and DH are the glass cannon ranged builds ...it ought to be kept that way
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 01:03 AMPosted by Baaalzamon
ok...this post is just stupid....classes have different advantages...just bc ur DH cant just sit in front of an elite and pound away and survive....doesnt mean anything....put LS on all gear you will start to see all classes going melee...IMHO monks are the ones that should be allowed to use the belts since they are a melee class....wizards and DH are the glass cannon ranged builds ...it ought to be kept that way

Idiotic grammar aside, this poster does have a point.

The whole point of playing a ranged class is the concept that you're doing your best not to get hit. Ergo, different needs.
Reply Quote
OP has a point.

No other class has access to another 3% LS on gear, hell some classes can't duel wield and are missing a massive 6% compared to a barb's potentiial.

Having LS on belt lets barbs rock no LS on weaps and just aim high dmg, high crit dmg, OS. For much cheaper weapons than other classes, who MUST rock LS for RD packs.

That's a pretty clear advantage on the other classes. AND they get armor from primary stat with 35% reduction.

In PVE, Barb is OP.

How can anyone dispute that at this point???
Edited by SoL#1514 on 1/24/2013 1:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
OP has a point.

No other class has access to another 3% LS on gear, hell some classes can't duel wield and are missing a massive 6% compared to a barb's potentiial.

Having LS on belt lets barbs rock no LS on weaps and just aim high dmg, high crit dmg, OS. For much cheaper weapons than other classes, who MUST rock LS for RD packs.

That's a pretty clear advantage on the other classes. AND they get armor from primary stat with 35% reduction.

In PVE, Barb is OP.

Because one stat on one item means nothing. Barbarian SKILL LOH is better than this crappy stat on belts, and one of the best set belts for the barb is from the immortal king's set, and it defaults to a % LOH which is ruined by proc coefficients.

Hey, Manticore is a dual-socket weapon but you don't hear my Barb whining.
Reply Quote
OP has a point.

In PVE, Barb is OP.

Because one stat on one item means nothing. Barbarian SKILL LOH is better than this crappy stat on belts, and one of the best set belts for the barb is from the immortal king's set, and it defaults to a % LOH which is ruined by proc coefficients.

Hey, Manticore is a dual-socket weapon but you don't hear my Barb whining.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Cheers for the laugh. You can duel wield for 2 emeralds. What is your point?

LS owns LoH once you hit decent dps.

Checks the profile, yeo as suspected a complete newbie. No CD, no IAS. Clueless much.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thats the problem with a lot of your mindsets nowadays, nerf this, nerf that.

DIABLO IS NOT A GAME THAT NEEDS TO BE MONITORED.

Diablo 2 was never monitored, the only thing they ever nerfed in diablo 2 was Paladin Charge stun lock.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 01:21 AMPosted by SoL
Checks the profile, yeo as suspected a complete newbie. No CD, no IAS. Clueless much.

Um...NOPE.
Consider for a moment that I don't yet have the money for more upgrades. Without CD outside of my gem, and no IAS, I am still hovering around 130k dps and can play MP4 with impunity, (which is harder than Inferno at release) with only the life regen from Rend providing any noticeable amount of recovery. That IS, by definition, LS, not LOH.

Noob? Hardly. My lack of time to throw at grinding OR money to buy gear on the RMAH is the only thing holding me back.

Try again, !@#$%^-*!@.

EDIT: Also, your profile shows just almost un-equipped characters. If you had a point to make, it's completely lost.
Edited by Japhasca#1443 on 1/24/2013 1:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
DH is OP too, now that you got my attention...

How about barb can wield a 2 hander weapon (like DH) with 2 sockets and still can use the offhand slot?
Edited by rOnn#6164 on 1/24/2013 1:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
OK im sorry blizz....but this is the real TRUTH behind these "NERF this or THAT" posts or " this is OP "posts

!@#$% envy....plain and simple.
You can't cut it playing a Barb so let's just nerf that bc this guy using this barb setup can play better than you
OH wait...that CM wiz showed you up too....so let's just nerf them...ppl like the OP are pathetic...diversity in builds and classes are important to the game....keep screaming for idiotic nerfs ETc and this game will be boring.

quit worrying about who is better than u learn to play the builds and for the love of god quit whining!
Reply Quote
Most barbs go with Witching Hour anyway for the huge dps boost.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
So, might is be wise to say that the Barbarian has a rather huge OPness?
Reply Quote
On a more sober note , the concept behind Barbs getting the life steal Belts are thus, Barbs stand toe to toe and need a measure of survivability options to stay in the fight....monks are pure speed..or they are intended to be...doing so much actual damage per sec added LS would make em virtually invincible..however i still think they need to be allowed to use the LS belts as they can be a little squishy compared to barbs especially using alot of IAs gear...wizzy are ranged class ...no matter how bad u want to use the spectral weapon arguement..they r ranged and can do MASSIVE amounts of damage that are far greater in numbers than the barb is capable of (if played right)...DH are also ranged...high DPS and dedicated to evasive stealthy skills to overcome opponents.. i mean REALLY ppl....wanna change the whole concept of classes jus bc u can't play it correctly effectively? thas seriously pathetic.
Just quit the game now and save urself some headaches
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]