Diablo® III

Barb is OP because of LifeLeech on mighty belt

This is just a reflect damage issue post. If DH had a lifesteal belt they would be so silly OP.

Reflect damage is just a silly affix right now for certain classes and it makes them feel like they need lifesteal.
Reply Quote

than don't call me clueless mr 400+ loh.
too bad you don't know how to design a good charac. lol baddie.

Maybe this isn't the only set of gear that I have ? maybe ?
Very funny.

than what you crying about? 1k + loh and toads = aint dying at all.
so what are you complaining about?
Edited by Razor#1728 on 1/24/2013 9:37 AM PST
Reply Quote

Maybe this isn't the only set of gear that I have ? maybe ?
Very funny.

than what you crying about, 1k + loh and toads = aint dying at all.

You are really dense. Like really.
As WD which knife do you always want ?
Always want to use toad no matter the build ?
To stack LoH every single time ?
Edited by papryaka#1935 on 1/24/2013 9:39 AM PST
Reply Quote

sad that you cant counter that cause you know it's true, you just like a good whine dont you?
Reply Quote

sad that you cant counter that cause you know it's true, you just like a good whine dont you?

See above.
Reply Quote
Barbs are OP because of belt? Hardly, if it wasn't for those LS belts most poorly geared barbs would SOL and JWF.

Dh's get a solid 15% LS they obviously don't need the belt and heck their ranged with tons of defensive and escape abilities.

Wiz get a number of defensive shields, projectile slows and armor that absorbs damage and never goes down, they do just fine and don't need it.

WD are perhaps the only class that could deserve LS, but they use LoH to great effect so it's all good.

Monks have much higher resistance than barbs, whereas barbs can have much higher armor. monks don't need the belt they just need their life gain skills to scale appropriately for inferno, rather than the low cap it is currently at.

Each class has differences, you don't see me !@#$%ing about how DH's barely need any AR or armor because they have gloom. I don't because the classes are different.
Reply Quote

oh, you can't dedicate a skill slot for survivability? damn poor demon hunters than, gotta use shadow power, damn that's a huge burden!

whats the difference with you stacking some loh instead of lifesteal?
Edited by Razor#1728 on 1/24/2013 9:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
I love the fact that people here :

1. Bring out the fact that Barbs have to deal with close combat, thus requiring higher LL than others, while ignoring facts like 30% damage reduction.
2. Deliberately ignoring the fact that there is one other melee class, called the monk, who also can't wear a LL mighty belt, max 6% LL, just like the 3 ranged classes people are talking here.

The existence of the Monk class alone already justifies the question:
Why Barbs alone can get 9%LL? Why all the other classes can't get that same number?
Close range? Monks also do close range. Squishier? Barbs are more durable than Monks, Dex adding Dodge is inferior than Str adding Armor in the current metagame.

But my opinion, is that the lack of 3%LL for Monks can be countered with extra LoH, so the deal really isn't that big. My analysis for LL with all 5 classes is below:

1. Barb - 12% LL max(9% Max in current metagame). Belt giving LL provides huge flexibility in their gearing, no question here. OP? Probably not. 12% includes using a passive(bloodthirst), but I do know that not all Barbs will use it. I will include permanent passive and buffs that provide LL to all attacks to that max %.

2. DH - 6% LL max(3% Max in current metagame). This class does not need LL gear, 5 second SP:Gloom(15% LL/35% dmg reduction)is too good now.

3. WD - 6% LL max(3% Max in current metagame). The real weakest class in LL, no skill provides extra LL on all attacks. This class however have insane LoH spells, but those spells have weak dps. 0 dogs build also provides LL like function, but is extremely luxary build.

4. Monk - 6% LL max(6% Max in current metagame). Their cookie-cutter builds uses a skill that have high proc coefficient to generate Cyclones through SW, thus they can mix in LoH to reach 9%LL like heals if needed so.

5. Wizard - 6% LL max(4.5% LL max in current metagame) Quite a number of WZ will take blood magic, as 3% is clearly too low. CM build can also benefit from LoH, but proc coefficient nerfs to energy twister made LoH a weaker choice now. Their fast farming build(Archon), does not benefit from LoH at all, hence making LL on weapon a must.

Note: The metagame numbers are referenced based on the weapon type setup that each class most commonly use.

1. Barb - Dual-wield or Skorn
2. Monk - Dual-wield or 2-hand Skorn for TR builds
3. Wizard - 1-hand + source (Skorn is not considered in this class, due to AP on crit is required, and attack speed)
4. DH - Manticore + Dead man's Legacy (Please don't argue this)
5. WD - 1-hand + Mojo (A few will use Skorn, but +mana regen is extremely useful)

edit- sorry, used LL = Life Leech, should be LS = Life Steal.
Edited by CCloak#1501 on 1/24/2013 9:49 AM PST
Reply Quote

Not every build is viable, tough !@#$.
Maybe I want to not have to use battle rage all the damn time, but if I took it off I would have no fury and die.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 09:42 AMPosted by Razor
oh, you can't dedicate a skill slot for survivability? damn poor demon hunters than, gotta use shadow power, damn that's a huge burden!

When it's must be your primary attack, yep it's a burden and if not primary you are forced to go Acid rain.

01/24/2013 09:42 AMPosted by Razor
whats the difference with you stacking some loh instead of lifesteal?

1 affixes on 1 piece for 3 LL is largely enough; Instead of let's say 3 to 4 different piece of stuff ?
Except that well it's on the weapon in every situation.
Edited by papryaka#1935 on 1/24/2013 9:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
When it's must be your primary attack, yep it's a burden.

so all the DH's who have to use a primary considers it as a burden? lol

you can get close to 1000 loh on an amu alone...
Edited by Razor#1728 on 1/24/2013 9:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 09:50 AMPosted by Razor
When it's must be your primary attack, yep it's a burden.

These ratio is for LoH on rain of toad.
Try for any other spell, you will mostly fail.
Shadow power with gloom is a primary ?
Stop with "but you have a spell for it", barb doesn't have rend with a rune LL?
So in one class case it's alright, for the others it's not ?

1. Bring out the fact that Barbs have to deal with close combat, thus requiring higher LL than others, while ignoring facts like 30% damage reduction.
2. Deliberately ignoring the fact that there is one other melee class, called the monk, who also can't wear a LL mighty belt, max 6% LL, just like the 3 ranged classes people are talking here.

They main as barb (for what that mean).
Edited by papryaka#1935 on 1/24/2013 9:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
Stop with but you have a "spell for it", barbb doesn't have rend with a rune LL?

no silly, but hungering arrow, bola shot etc... are primaries and we gotta use them don't we?
so there you go, we have to use shadow power + a primary...

my barb doesn't use rend, don't care for it.
wd's have lifesteal runes too, so i dunno what you're getting at..
Edited by Razor#1728 on 1/24/2013 9:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 09:52 AMPosted by papryaka

Stop with but you have a "spell for it", barb doesn't have rend with a rune LL?

They main as barb (for what that mean).

9% of damage done by rend is a lot different from 15% of all damage done.
We have to run into a big crowd risk death and drop rend whereas you rest luxuriously 20yards back with crazy LS pewpewing into the mobs, and now you are gonna pretend like your class has it rough.

I'm in favor of giving you all LS if you all are willing to take nerfs to your current life regeneration abilities.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 09:52 AMPosted by papryaka

alright for what? use a skill to survive? yea..
Reply Quote
stopped reading after page 5 so in case someone mentioned this sorry to re-post. if not......

this has actually been on my mind the past few days. trying to re-gear a new HC monk after the passing of my p23 monk.

i know noone likes hard or soft caps in a game but what if...........

blizz would add LS on weapons, rings, ammy, possibly all belts, and to not be abused put a 6% or 9% cap on LS. disregarding passives. this IMO would be a viable solution. atm all classes can achieve 6% LS from gear except the barb who can achieve 9% with the belt.

have it work the same as MS. 25% cap disregarding passives or skills. 6-9 from gears and then if your skills passives allow for more so be it. this in no way breaks the game mechanics or makes on class more OP than another. it simply adds LS to more items giving us more diversity.

Edit: i play mostly monk and yes i know we have healing skills, but to anyone who doesnt play monk or hasnt played monk extensivly, getting 7k hp's every 15 seconds doesnt really help much. would be nice if that globe potion affix worked with a monks healing skill aswell. at that point i could stack globe affix and get 20k+ heals like a true heal should be.
Edited by TragOul#1699 on 1/24/2013 10:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
"wd's have lifesteal runes too, so i dunno what you're getting at..[/quote]

No we don't. I mean sure we have our leeching beast rune we can use from our dogs which doesn't give us quite as much health return as any other type of lifesteal. I honestly don't care about who has which items etc. I just honestly want all classes to be buffed up to be at the same level as each other. I mean let's face it if barbs were not so great they wouldn't be played by 99% of the player base as mains just sayin.

I continue playing my Witch doctor since I love the playstyle class has alot of diversity in terms of builds. I do get why barbs are so defensive though as they are pretty expensive to gear up and would suck having them get nerfed as I said earlier most of the playerbase does play a barb afterall.
Edited by Kalguren#1930 on 1/24/2013 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]