Diablo® III

played PoE open beta

got bored.
Reply Quote
Considering it came out today you clearly didn't give it a chance.

Diablo 3 players don't realize this game is boring for at least a couple hundred hours.
Stick with PoE for 500 hours and if you still hate it then simply troll their forums for the next 6-24 months.
Reply Quote
View profile
Read a forum post. Responded.

Can we not perpetuate the trolling and posting about games that aren't Diablo 3 on the Diablo 3 general discussion?
Reply Quote
I played the beta last summer, and one of the developers was in the chat.

He said it took about 10 hours for the game to get fun.

I laughed, haven't been back sense. I'm not spending 10 hours on a boring F2P game that MIGHT be fun later.
Reply Quote

I laughed, haven't been back sense. I'm not spending 10 hours on a boring F2P game that MIGHT be fun later.

Y-Yet... You'd spend hundreds of hours on this game which got boring and repetitive within the first month?

What? WHAT!?
Reply Quote

Y-Yet... You'd spend hundreds of hours on this game which got boring and repetitive within the first month?

What? WHAT!?

I quit for 4 months. Try again.
Reply Quote
Considering it came out today you clearly didn't give it a chance.

Diablo 3 players don't realize this game is boring for at least a couple hundred hours.
Stick with PoE for 500 hours and if you still hate it then simply troll their forums for the next 6-24 months.

i agree at least beat the game on normal first or try hardcore or something
someone who says they got bored after 1 hour of play time clearly doesnt have a good mind to rate any game

P.S. no i am not a poe fanboy i havent tried it yet but i intend to at very least finish normal before giving a review
Reply Quote
View profile
01/23/2013 07:43 PMPosted by erosinnin
someone who says they got bored after 1 hour of play time clearly doesnt have a good mind to rate any game

Well it's not like some of us don't have a lot of ARPG experience.

Diablo 2, Torchlight, Hellgate London (more of a shooter), Torchlight 2, Diablo 3. Plenty of experience in judging a game. If it doesn't grab you in the first couple hours, then something probably needs to be adjusted.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 07:43 PMPosted by erosinnin
P.S. no i am not a poe fanboy i havent tried it yet but i intend to at very least finish normal before giving a review
That isn't going to possible most likely. For a build in PoE to work, you have to have your desired skill gems and gear with the correct number, color and links between sockets. If you start from scratch you are extremely unlikely to get what you need just through in-game drops and thus your experience is NOT going to improve with more time invested.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 10:23 PMPosted by Elexar
That isn't going to possible most likely. For a build in PoE to work, you have to have your desired skill gems and gear with the correct number, color and links between sockets. If you start from scratch you are extremely unlikely to get what you need just through in-game drops and thus your experience is NOT going to improve with more time invested.

You don't need that level of perfection in gear, sockets, etc., for the first difficulty. Not by a long shot. Yeah, you don't want to do something stupid like take both the Chaos Inoculation and Eldritch Battery Keystones in the same build, or have all ES gear when you are building a Life/Armor based Marauder, but by the game is designed in such a way (from the mouth of the Lead Producer himself) that most players will complete the game on normal.

However, for the final difficulty and the end-game beyond it (maps), you do need a solid understanding of the game, its mechanics, and a non-fail build, as well as putting time into getting the right sockets, links, gear mods, and so on.

If the poster you quoted plans on holding off on their assessment till they've completed normal, then it's very much possible - almost a certainty - that they will get that far. The game doesn't

That said - I should also note that if a player is relying only on what drops, they are not using the system to its fullest. Those who are interested in the game would be well-served to learn the different recipe combinations, given how specific items can be traded with vendors to gain the orbs that will allow you to try for stats that are better overall or more suited to the build...and the right properties on items or the right combination provide very useful items.

Every item, even white items, have value, and learning how to take advantage of that system while also hoping for just the right items to come along as drops is how you improve your experience with more time invested.
Reply Quote
I got bored first time aswell.

Gave it a chance and once I started to get the hang of it im addicted.

when i get back from work im gonna be instant playin
Reply Quote
I think it's a little boring just by looking at it. I know they want that dark look, but it doesn't feel dark, it just looks all muddy and unfinished at times. And the enemies are even more boring to fight, with fighting being another thing that'll put me to sleep. The animations are so awkward it just doesn't work for me.

Definitely stick with D3. But gotta give GGG props for creating something like this being such a small team. It's not bad, just not my kinda game, I guess.
Reply Quote
Surprises me how haters and game bashers refuse to understand they can play more than one game at a time......
Reply Quote
I completely understand I can play both games. But why would I waste time on a mediocre one? I'll stick to the more polished D3. Kinda like MMOs. I play multiple MMOs, so I'm not one to think I have to play one or the other.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Buryit
Surprises me how haters and game bashers refuse to understand they can play more than one game at a time......

Partisanship. People want to be on the winning team. Same thing happens with consoles, Mac and Windows etc etc etc.
Reply Quote
Cool story bro.
Reply Quote
Yeah. PoE is awful.

Diablo 2>Torchlight 2>Diablo 3>Torchlight>Garbage>Used toilet paper>POE
Reply Quote
Yeah. PoE is awful.

Diablo 2>Torchlight 2>Diablo 3>Torchlight>Garbage>Used toilet paper>POE

I think you're wrong, and should shut your filthy mouth about PoE, but I found myself laughing nonetheless.
Reply Quote
poe should be renamed pos, its terri-bad. so is TL2 and all these little "ex fanboi" games. You know the ex fanbois that sit around on d3 forums bragging about how these other games that cant even crawl out of beta are good - yet still say they are here to make d3 better.. Right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]