Diablo® III

Flipping the script ... halp plox!

Ok, so I've recently gotten lucky with a few sales and ended up with quite a lot of gold, much more than I've ever really had at one point. My general philosophy when buying upgrades has always been to decide how much I'm willing to pay for an upgrade and then see what fits the bill in the AH. Usually this works just fine, though sometimes I am forced to shell out more than I had wanted to.

So now I'm stuck in a situation where it's really hard to stick to the made up budgets I've concocted and I don't know how much I should spend on each slot.

I have 400 million gold.

I want a Witching Hour, I want to upgrade my OH, and I want new gloves. I guess upgrading my Nat's ring is also a possibility, but I figure that would be really expensive. Along those way too expensive lines, an EF with LS wouldn't be so bad either.

So what would you do with 400 million gold, if you were in my shoes? I am looking more for budget allotment advice than what stats gear should have.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415793376
Reply Quote
hi piffle! nice gold hoard you got goin there.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 08:09 AMPosted by Demiwraith

LMAO!!!!
Reply Quote

+1 +1 +1

Piffle, I know someone selling a nats ring http://d3up.com/i/3932522

Quick reference numbers:
25-56
84 dex
8 ias
10% life
3.5% CC
227 lps

Not sure if it has the stats you're looking for, figure you can plug it into d3up easier that way.

He may be asking for alittle more than 400m though. Could spend all your money in one place, and not sure how for your stats it would play out, for me the difference between it an my current ring are not a whole lot (suppose if it rolled avg damage would have been better :P)

Jirad#1207

Edit: Pulled up your profile, not sure its worth the ehp lost for you especially spending that much, didn't realize how much ehp ur getting from your current ring.
Edited by Enot#1820 on 1/25/2013 8:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
i would first go for a pair of trifecta gloves, you can usually find good ones for anywhere between 50m and 100m wich would leave you with 300M or more to go witching hour hunting. The truth is, after the witching chances are you'll be mostly out of gold, the good ones are extremely costy. At that point, you'll be left with 3 inna pieces. IMO you might as well drop down to two and pursue the blackthorn 2-piece bonus (in your case i'd say chest + amulet) wich you should be able to purchase with about 50M-100M (depends on how good the amulet is). Not only would that bring your eHP (in your case mostly your AR since your Inna's chest is pretty much perfect otherwise) way up, it'd also give you a respectable amount of LoH.
Edited by FuzzyWuzzy#1793 on 1/25/2013 8:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
i would first go for a pair of trifecta gloves, you can usually find good ones for anywhere between 50m and 100m wich would leave you with 300M or more to go witching hour hunting. The truth is, after the witching chances are you'll be mostly out of gold, the good ones are extremely costy. At that point, you'll be left with 3 inna pieces. IMO you might as well drop down to two and pursue the blackthorn 2-piece bonus (in your case i'd say chest + amulet) wich you should be able to purchase with about 50M. Not only would that bring your eHP (in your case mostly your AR since your Inna's chest is pretty much perfect otherwise) way up, it'd also give you a respectable amount of LoH.

break innas 3 piece? nooo... that .33 spirit regen is too precious.

also - blackthorns amulet would be a very large dps downgrade for him. and a good one can be pretty expensive actually.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 08:18 AMPosted by Tarzan
i would first go for a pair of trifecta gloves, you can usually find good ones for anywhere between 50m and 100m wich would leave you with 300M or more to go witching hour hunting. The truth is, after the witching chances are you'll be mostly out of gold, the good ones are extremely costy. At that point, you'll be left with 3 inna pieces. IMO you might as well drop down to two and pursue the blackthorn 2-piece bonus (in your case i'd say chest + amulet) wich you should be able to purchase with about 50M. Not only would that bring your eHP (in your case mostly your AR since your Inna's chest is pretty much perfect otherwise) way up, it'd also give you a respectable amount of LoH.

also - blackthorns amulet would be a very large dps downgrade for him. and a good one can be pretty expensive actually.

It's just not efficient to keep a 3-piece Inna's bonus when you could be slotting better stuff in there though. BT is a suggestion, there are other options. Tyrael's might comes to mind.
Edited by FuzzyWuzzy#1793 on 1/25/2013 8:24 AM PST
Reply Quote

LMAO!!!!

DARN!!!! beat me to it!!!

grrrr

stupid dedupe email logic kept me busy!

I was going to add read Piffle's guide regarding gearing for information about how to gear....
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 1/25/2013 8:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
More serious answer:

You say Witching Hour, so I'm assuming you're now ready to go away from 4-piece Inna's. Is this even if LS gear swap still works (among a few other gear swaps stats)? If you're only ditching 4-piece because you assume these and other snapshot issues are being fixed, you may want to wait until 1.0.7 officially gets released. Nothing in the PTR is final anyway.

Do you have any goals like being rid of OWE? Do you want PvP gear? Do you want to try out going S&B? I'd probably set specific goal and work towards that. It's easier to evaluate how much of an upgrade and item is by how much closer it gets you towards your idealized goal.

Overall, I still stick with the principle of buying for value and not budgeting any particular slot with a set amount. If you see a significant upgrade that is a great deal, buy it.

And if you have more money than you ever had before, it means you're less familiar wit the market you're looking in now. I'd say not to buy anything for a week. A few days at least. take the time to learn your market. 400M is just 40M with another zero on the end. Eventually you'll have a better feel for what things are worth.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 08:23 AMPosted by FuzzyWuzzy

It's just not efficient to keep a 3-piece Inna's bonus when you could be slotting better stuff in there though. BT is a suggestion, there are other options. Tyrael's might comes to mind.

the 3 piece comment was sarcasm :p but personally, there is no reason to break the 3 piece set just because of 'spirit regen isnt worth it'

tyraels might wouldnt be a great upgrade in my opinion... the innas pieces he has - minus the belt - are all pretty decent. I would keep the chest as it does add a lot of HP for him.

I think I would focus mostly on belt and gloves first... unless you can find a good deal on a nice OH.
Reply Quote
btw, i know it's not that much of a dex boost and unrrelated to your OP, but, you can also get a nat boots with a dex roll > 240 for 75m
Reply Quote

the 3 piece comment was sarcasm :p but personally, there is no reason to break the 3 piece set just because of 'spirit regen isnt worth it'

tyraels might wouldnt be a great upgrade in my opinion... the innas pieces he has - minus the belt - are all pretty decent. I would keep the chest as it does add a lot of HP for him.

I think I would focus mostly on belt and gloves first... unless you can find a good deal on a nice OH.

Thats what i said in my post but once he's done that it's likely he'll be left with 100M or less and a 3-piece inna's set bonus. Sure he could keep his flawless Inna's chest but in doing so he forgoes a possibility for different set bonus stats.
Reply Quote
More serious answer:

You say Witching Hour, so I'm assuming you're now ready to go away from 4-piece Inna's. Is this even if LS gear swap still works (among a few other gear swaps stats)? If you're only ditching 4-piece because you assume these and other snapshot issues are being fixed, you may want to wait until 1.0.7 officially gets released. Nothing in the PTR is final anyway.

Do you have any goals like being rid of OWE? Do you want PvP gear? Do you want to try out going S&B? I'd probably set specific goal and work towards that. It's easier to evaluate how much of an upgrade and item is by how much closer it gets you towards your idealized goal.

Overall, I still stick with the principle of buying for value and not budgeting any particular slot with a set amount. If you see a significant upgrade that is a great deal, buy it.

And if you have more money than you ever had before, it means you're less familiar wit the market you're looking in now. I'd say not to buy anything for a week. A few days at least. take the time to learn your market. 400M is just 40M with another zero on the end. Eventually you'll have a better feel for what things are worth.

really good advice.

be patient for what you want. right now your dps and ehp are in a pretty good spot. you should start thinking about end game gear and goals. Buy one or 2 very good items that you will be able to use for months to come. I have waited for weeks until that item that i want shows up on the AH.

dont try and upgrade all 3 at once.

like demi said, if you are wanting to gear towards getting rid of OWE, nows a good time to start.

Thats what i said in my post but once he's done that it's likely he'll be left with 100M or less and a 3-piece inna's set bonus. Sure he could keep his flawless Inna's chest but in doing so he forgoes a possibility for different set bonus stats.

I dont think he should try and upgrade all 3 with his 400m. i think he should upgrade one, and maybe 2 pieces looking towards end game gear status. ifhe is going to get rid of an innas piece just because having that .33 regen there bugs him, he should wait for a crit mempo as that would be a much better upgrade than a sidegrade to tyraels.

slow and thought out upgrades are key. at this point in his character progression overhauls are not wise.
Reply Quote

I knew this was coming. Bravo sir!

@Kamel, slacker.

@Enot,
While I do recognize that a CC Nats is on the list to upgrade at some point, I don't think now is the time. They're too expensive, and while that ring you listed would provide a 7k dps increase ... it's not worth at the expense of multiple other upgrades.

01/25/2013 08:15 AMPosted by FuzzyWuzzy
i would first go for a pair of trifecta gloves, you can usually find good ones for anywhere between 50m and 100m wich would leave you with 300M or more to go witching hour hunting. The truth is, after the witching chances are you'll be mostly out of gold, the good ones are extremely costy. At that point, you'll be left with 3 inna pieces. IMO you might as well drop down to two and pursue the blackthorn 2-piece bonus (in your case i'd say chest + amulet) wich you should be able to purchase with about 50M-100M (depends on how good the amulet is). Not only would that bring your eHP (in your case mostly your AR since your Inna's chest is pretty much perfect otherwise) way up, it'd also give you a respectable amount of LoH.

I generally don't think Trifecta gloves are worth it, but I can look into it I guess. Usually you can make up most of that CD with high CC/AS rolls and not have to pay through the nose.

I have zero interest in a Blackthorne amulet, though I do realize that my chest could be upgraded if I break 4 piece Inna's.

@Demi,
If LS gear swap still works then ... I dunno. You're only swapping one weapon which wouldn't be *too* bad to do if SW should fall. You do bring up a good point though. I'll keep that in mind.

As far as goals go ... I feel like I should get rid of OwE, but there's no point until they fix the passives, and I'm not even sure all my gold would be enough to make that transition. While I guess that dueling will be a fun break here and there, until they make it have rewards I'm not that interested in spending a ton of money. Not really interested in S&B outside of it being practical in PvP (I have a cheap-o shield already and WH would be great for S&B).

I don't really have a concrete goal right now outside of just upgrading my gear. On 1.06 I can solo MP10 ubers, but that's using my half-assed snapshot technique. I'd like to be able to solo MP10 ubers in 1.07, and I'm not sure that I would be able to do that with my current gear. I actually tried to do Azmo on MP7 on the PTR and couldn't kill him (DPS check, while standing in everything). So that was monumentally disheartening.

edit: I also grabbed this on the AH last night, partially because it's got dual sustain (though I am not sure how the 500 LoH weighs vs the loss of .5% LS) and partially because it was pretty under-priced (I thought). http://i.imgur.com/yFBfy3L.png
Edited by Piffle#1874 on 1/25/2013 8:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
save 200 mil more and buy a le pwn nat ring. :)
Reply Quote
@Piffle yah after plugging it in I was like meh, I wouldn't necessarily make the purchase now for it either lol.

As to the transition out of OWE, it seems more determined by the availability of some pieces, and usually they just cost so much. The end result is what? currently running STI and OWE you have an open passive at the gear level you're at anyways. Usually the default is beacon but there are other options that are perfectly viable based on the group make-up. Swapping out of OWE imho is something you can take your time doing, and find the right pieces slowly.

So you end up with an extra passive, which at this point for our passives is more like getting one extra sugar flower on an iced cake, but the difference is 25 bucks and 200 bucks. >_>
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005435884

I think this guy will be able to help you out!

I think you just got caught in an infinite loop!!

Piff go for a WH and Nats Ring. Spend as much as you can on both and save up later for the new gloves or craft some in 1.0.7.
Edited by CaptainCarl#1923 on 1/25/2013 9:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
Piffle is asking for gear advice?!? what next? Jco asking to be carried for MP10 Ubers?! Druin asking how TR works?! Raahl being polite and even-handed?! no, no this isn't the world i know. i'm going back to bed.
Reply Quote
Start gearing away from OWE, starting with your gloves.
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 1/25/2013 3:18 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]