Diablo® III

EHP for PVP

View profile
Just for the record i dont have an insane melee reduction when i started PTR, only about 6 from SS, when i fought moldran on a faceroll battle, no stun, marathon or whatsoever. Just face2face battle. I have about 135k hp and he has about 100k hp. Before the fight i noticed he changed his mempo to ik helm and ic to ik boots and went full ik. It was a close fight but i ran out of fury so i loss. What i noticed is that mitigation is very important and very effective combined with relentless. I recently bought some new ik stuff and may go full 5 ik set for pvp, fury resource is very important as well no matter how cool you dps and ehp is, if you 0 fury then expect to die.

I wont comment about ss vs. sacred for now. We'll see after the patch goes live

Nike
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 1/21/2013 3:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Having huge hp and high AR is the best option imo. Reasons??

If face more DH and monks, you can swap sprint rush for evade + warcry vets warning for evade. I have 43%evade i think at 125khp.

If face WD and mage swap supersition and impunity.
Again i have 125khp with lots of damage imitgation.

The huge hp base and AR will serve you well in ALL situations according to what you face due to the fact passive can be change anytime. It works like a "solid base" because it works for everything, then add upon what you prefer depending on whats neccessary.

When someone is able to take me down in pvp. He will not be doing small small mulitple hits. Most time it's within 3-5 big hits, or a crit DOT damage from rend, haunt, bleed for DH's skill. If not i will leap off and reghp. Block is totally useless against whats actually killing me.
(Diablo progress ehp is extremely flaw imo, they calculate base on a small incoming damage making shield looks godly raising ehp by a million++)

But i agree with uber, stacking some dex. A good dex base with vets warning and rush can hit very high dodge.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 1/21/2013 8:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
Anyone can survive DOT skills like haunt?? With relentless and 100k+hp and 3k+reg, i cant.
If my hp is low like 20% with relentless active, one haunt from a top WD will certainly kill me over 6secs.

Its like 40khp+ with 6kreghp when relentless is active. 6khp x 6secs is 36khp. My AR is 750 around with impunity. Thats more than a whopping 40k+36khp from a crit DOT from haunt. And i am kinda pissed about it. Without relentless, a regular barb can be killed soso easily.

And i was playing with my WD yesterday, then i found out they actually had an uptime of the hex voodoo shaman at 100% of the time. Their cd down expires before the shaman disappear. Like a 7/11 store beside them. No wonder its so hard to get near them without getting hex.
Reply Quote
Anyone can survive DOT skills like haunt?? With relentless and 100k+hp and 3k+reg, i cant.
If my hp is low like 20% with relentless active, one haunt from a top WD will certainly kill me over 6secs.

Its like 40khp+ with 6kreghp when relentless is active. 6khp x 6secs is 36khp. My AR is 750 around with impunity. Thats more than a whopping 40k+36khp from a crit DOT from haunt. And i am kinda pissed about it. Without relentless, a regular barb can be killed soso easily.

And i was playing with my WD yesterday, then i found out they actually had an uptime of the hex voodoo shaman at 100% of the time. Their cd down expires before the shaman disappear. Like a 7/11 store beside them. No wonder its so hard to get near them without getting hex.

Until the 30% CC mechanic pops in as designed, they deserve to get Yolo'd.
Reply Quote

WD's are deserving of teh #YOLO.
Reply Quote
@UberJagger

Don't playplay. YOu have YOLO, they have YOLT.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709281451
Reply Quote
Alright to all you newbie Barbies, having a problem with hex let me tell you how to deal with it I just got done teaching a barb how to get away from it.

Hex has a 1 second delay on the recast, so if you are hexed watch the timer and then LEAP away from the voodoo doll.

I suggest using ignore pain while hexed, you take 20% more damage. I think you may also be able to charge away from the voodoo doll to but I have found that leap works better.

The voodoo doll has to be in melee range to cast hex.
Reply Quote
@breaver

You talk as if the voodoo shaman don't move lol...
Ignore pain has a timer cooldown of 36secs.

A OP WD that can destroy me on a single hex even i pop IP.
With IP and relentless i couldnt live pass a 3secs with his haunt and bear rush. Even if i manage to leap off, i still have to survive the 6secs haunt. i need to kite for a full 30secs before engaging him? His haunts deal big massive DOT by the way, no IP = death upon hit.

WD is OP at the moment. You dun have to agree, everyone knows.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 1/22/2013 3:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
i disagree i think a balanced character with utility like 5 piece ik and unforgiving or 1 fury wep throws is the way to go. And if u can incorporate everything your post you say we dont need and strengthen it by adding more then adding more utility then i feel thats whats best and the ends im trying to achieve.
Edited by Jook#1782 on 1/22/2013 4:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
@UberJagger

Lol. Dunno why the WD cry so much. If permahex summon isn't cheesing I don't know what else is.

Alright to all you newbie Barbies, having a problem with hex let me tell you how to deal with it I just got done teaching a barb how to get away from it.

Hex has a 1 second delay on the recast, so if you are hexed watch the timer and then LEAP away from the voodoo doll.

I suggest using ignore pain while hexed, you take 20% more damage. I think you may also be able to charge away from the voodoo doll to but I have found that leap works better.

And in a 1v1 situation what will you do next? Run around and hope he forgets to recast Hex?

or maybe pray he runs out of his shaman's range instead of standing at a distance and spamming haunts hoping for a crit?

or maybe hope he's not a zero dog spammer than can get 18k life per sacrifice?

Lol.

Maybe he might forget to cast spirit walk?

Or maybe, just maybe he doesn't have spirit vessel on his passives?

Come on lol. I've PvPed one of the top 3 WD's NA.

You tell me if you can beat any of the top 3 WDs and I say "he's beaten one of the top 3 NA WDs, surely he has a better idea on how to play against them"

But if you haven't? Nah. I'll pass.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 1/22/2013 4:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
@UberJagger

Lol. Dunno why the WD cry so much. If permahex summon isn't cheesing I don't know what else is.

And in a 1v1 situation what will you do next? Run around and hope he forgets to recast Hex?

or maybe pray he runs out of his shaman's range instead of standing at a distance and spamming haunts hoping for a crit?

or maybe hope he's not a zero dog spammer than can get 18k life per sacrifice?

Lol.

Maybe he might forget to cast spirit walk?

Or maybe, just maybe he doesn't have spirit vessel on his passives?

Come on lol. I've PvPed one of the top 3 WD's NA.

You tell me if you can beat any of the top 3 WDs and I say "he's beaten one of the top 3 NA WDs, surely he has a better idea on how to play against them"

But if you haven't? Nah. I'll pass.

NO NEED TOP 3WD.
Anyone in top 100WD will do!

So many maybes lol...
Maybe i forget to equip all passive and fight the WD instead lol...
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 1/22/2013 4:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
pvp dummy doesnt mean anything I do significantly worse in my 4m pvp set than i do in this 2 mil something set.
Edited by Jook#1782 on 1/22/2013 5:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 05:04 AMPosted by Jook
pvp dummy doesnt mean anything I do significantly worse in my 4m pvp set than i do in this 2 mil something set.

:P both sets are nice though. How much did this new set cost you?

NO NEED TOP 3WD.
Anyone in top 100WD will do!

So many maybes lol...
Maybe i forget to equip all passive and fight the WD instead lol...

Man I just get extremely annoyed when players shoot off their mouth bellowing about the size of their Epeen.

Be constructive lol. If they've got something to offer, a strat that works against classes that we're inherently disadvantaged against and want to share it, so be it lol, we'll put it to the test, question certain mechanics of the setup and ask you to provide screenshots of the players you've beat.

But don't in here with the presumption that the rank 1000 WD or DH or Monk you just fought is a good representation of the best that class has to offer and hence, the strat that you claim to work is thus the only way to beat those classes.

>.> Not targeted at you HornYuh.

But at you know who. And that barb who just came in with the "Leap breaks hex and allows you to beat WDs".
Reply Quote
@uberjagger

Of coz i know you aren't targeting at me.
I like your sarcasm. =)

It's ok if he suggest leap, but please..... even you leap off escaping death means nothing.
But call us newbies? LOL..... What right he has?
His name looks more like a unfamiliar newbie in this barb forum.
Reply Quote
@uberjagger

Of coz i know you aren't targeting at me.
I like your sarcasm. =)

It's ok if he suggest leap, but please..... even you leap off escaping death means nothing.
But call us newbies? LOL..... What right he has?
His name looks more like a unfamiliar newbie in this barb forum.

Man I don't want to go there. Barb probably didn't know better.

I've participated in PvP tourneys with WDs. Top 3 placement at the end of it are WDs ( rules are relog = 1 death, so no YOLO).

Managed to beat one WD by cheesing him. But once you see that hex shaman being cast, it gets old. Pig, pig, pig, pig, no pig. Yes! Time to rend! Rend hits! Yesssssssss.

Oh spirit walk.

Hex Shaman resummon, pig, pig, pig, pig, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 1/22/2013 5:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
So as acrimony likes to think EHP is huge for pvp.

I disagree with him simply because i feel "Effective" HP for duelling and PVP is different.

Things that need to be discounted from the normal EHP formula for duelling:

1)Block chance.(Completely discounted) block amount is too low to matter in PvP
2) dodge because of its inconsistency and sporadic use.
3) Reduced damage from melee attacks (since it only applies to phys damage.)
4) Reduced damage from ranged attacks ((since it only applies to phys damage.)
5) Reduced damage from elites ( PvP is about burst dmg and skill and movememnt) if you keep dodging and playing smart you'll be fine especially against ranged classes. That 7% wont help at all if a WD catches u with haunt/hex or a 400 unbuffed DH gets a few hits off on you)

SnB barbs are realizing this now the most.

Things to be given more importance:
1)Overall HP
2)All res ( simply because of its consistency and reliability)

Thoughts?

Have fun dying. I plan to get my mitigation high enough to make my shield block effectively nullify 1,000,000 damage hit entirely, 7% vs elites resist is already stacked to ~28% on my gear. all those little hits I have 48% dodge for. when pvp hits I don't plan on dying easy.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 05:04 AMPosted by Jook

Agree
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 07:36 AMPosted by REVRAC

Agree

Stop rev just stop. Always posting on EHP forums
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 09:46 AMPosted by Lmagichd

Agree

Stop rev just stop. Always posting on EHP forums

EHP Forum!? And you guys left me out!? SO MEEEEEN!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]