Diablo® III

Amulet Duping Happening Right Now

(Locked)

What was that about Online-only supposedly to help against this sort of thing?
blizzard has already admitted to taking down asian servers to clean and fix item duping. duping is a fact and this is not a court house, players need not to provide hard evidence to game dev for them to investigate reported issues
Bump. We demand a blue response!! =)
01/22/2013 07:39 AMPosted by Rhyas9
What was that about Online-only supposedly to help against this sort of thing?

Online only was supposed to stop a number of things. Hacks being one of them. I am fully convinced it is far more effective in doing so compared to the system around D2.

The other thing it is meant to stop, and from my observations has been 100% effective is piracy. It plagues the PC gaming world. If a game doesn't take measures to stop it, 99% of players have a pirated copy... this is FACT. By forcing this game to be online only, and monsters to be generated, and their AI to be controlled by a server it is next to IMPOSSIBLE for a pirated copy to work, since it would have to build an ENTIRE backend just for the game to function even remotely correctly.

TL;DR? Online only is the lesser of a much bigger evil.
It's not just the amulets, but there are other items too. Anyway, the AH is currently down, so they are probably removing the items.
01/21/2013 12:10 PMPosted by JoshuaGuy
they're selling way too cheap for trifecta tal amulets.

Absolutely nonsense! You call several hundred millions cheap? I have bought many trifecta amulets for below 100 million and some better ones that those dupes for less than 200 million.
Aye no duping please makes it hard to sell my legends I find :[. Why no blue response.
Guys, I think we might have their notice now. We got this under the popular topics list!

Woot! Now for them to do something about the gazillion dupes per second appearing.
It's not pika, a group rolled out a shock and awe tactic on the gem market not to long ago, if you had gold you were stocking up on radiant stars because at 4-8m apeice when they cost 15.4m out of pocket not including gem/tome costs...

Blizzards own security feature is the biggest culprit known in the D3 "exploit" ring, and with the way they have things set up if they took anything back from their own screw up then people would bust a nut over it. Because chances are most of the people who would get screwed are your legitimate players who thought "Oh !@#$ look at that deal of the day, SOLD!"

If you're dumb enough to get hacked and need a roll back, your gear SHOULD be locked to your account. One method now eliminated.

Edit: Sorry to burst your bubble Emp but every single MMO, PC, and console game HAS been cracked/pirated/bootleged You shoulder NEVER underestimate a group of hackers. Theres a reason I don't say "No one will ever hack my account" Instead I say "No on will ever GUESS my password" Hell if you have windows 7 all I need is my CD and your drive and there a backdoor. I'm willing to bet my demon hunter some ones rocking a privet Diablo 3 sever just like they do with WoW.
Edited by Zero#12911 on 1/22/2013 8:18 AM PST

The other thing it is meant to stop, and from my observations has been 100% effective is piracy. It plagues the PC gaming world. If a game doesn't take measures to stop it, 99% of players have a pirated copy... this is FACT. By forcing this game to be online only, and monsters to be generated, and their AI to be controlled by a server it is next to IMPOSSIBLE for a pirated copy to work, since it would have to build an ENTIRE backend just for the game to function even remotely correctly.

God, another one of these. 99% of diablo 3 players are trans-gender, this is FACT. See what i did there? I pulled a number out of my a**.
Do you have any legitimate sources to back up your claim? Statistics pushed out by record/movie/game companies themselves does not count.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/16/music-piracy-biggest-spenders_n_1970242.html
http://piracy.americanassembly.org/where-do-music-collections-come-from/

You think this just relates to music? I dont.
I buy sh*t because i think its good. In many cases, i also pirate sh*t because i dont even have a CD/DVD-ROM. So i pirate, install using my legally obtained key, and game. Or play music/video of my media of choice.

**more on topic**

If we do get a blue response, i doubt we will get any real results :/
Edited by jihn#2784 on 1/22/2013 8:17 AM PST
Bump, (until we get a blue response)
To be fair the tals amulet is part of a set bonus, which is why it's value would be higher than a rare amulet of comparable stats.
Yep gotta bump, duping ruin D2 - now it may squash D3
I will do my best to keep bumping the dupe threads until I see one blue response (I imagine it will be Lylirra or Vaeflare...).

At least one of them has to say something like "Okay we are noticing an uproar about this, this has been passed on to look at". That would suffice. The problem needs to be acknowledged.
i checked that too, they r all identical
were this game played with only IGG it probably wouldn't be too big of a deal, but since real money can be made off of these items (selling the gold they make) this really should be solved.

If its simply a roll back issue (which I do not believe), make roll back gear account bound like they did in Asia
Never bumped a duping thread before this but I just logged on and saw it with my own eyes. Really sad.
Why can't a set item be the same as another set item? With only a limited number of possibilities of stats to roll, and an unlimited number of the same set item to potentially drop, mathematically speaking it would be plausible to have numerous set items with the same stats.

If these were RARE yellow amulets with the same stats, then I would say you have a stronger argument.
search it urself u will see them all have the exact same stat,
try with a dup ring for example, it is almost zero chance to have 4 or 5 Nat ring roll with exact same stats on same affix

not only there're so many possible affix u can roll on a ring, but to have each of them roll the exact value, and 5 appearing at the same time on ah, AND most likely they are cheaper than others (with similar stats), i mean... do u need to be that smart to tell?...

or try with amulets, there're another post say they dup 4 and are now on ah lol~
Why can't a set item be the same as another set item? With only a limited number of possibilities of stats to roll, and an unlimited number of the same set item to potentially drop, mathematically speaking it would be plausible to have numerous set items with the same stats.

If these were RARE yellow amulets with the same stats, then I would say you have a stronger argument.

Wow... I request someone to do the math for this guy... I would but I am simply too lazy to do so myself
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]