Diablo® III

Amulet Duping Happening Right Now

(Locked)

Why can't a set item be the same as another set item? With only a limited number of possibilities of stats to roll, and an unlimited number of the same set item to potentially drop, mathematically speaking it would be plausible to have numerous set items with the same stats.

If these were RARE yellow amulets with the same stats, then I would say you have a stronger argument.

Go to the AH and look up Vile Wards with >294str and 117vit. (Keep in mind those are completely ridiculous rolls - making them worth 1bil gold easily.)

Then note they all have exactly 294str/117vit not one point less or more, and every other mod is exactly the same too. Regen = the same. +Armor = the same. Base armor = the same. All resist = the same.

Hmmm .. and there are 5 of them (at least there were yesterday). What a coincidence!
Edited by freakinjstu#1760 on 1/22/2013 9:20 AM PST
Why can't a set item be the same as another set item? With only a limited number of possibilities of stats to roll, and an unlimited number of the same set item to potentially drop, mathematically speaking it would be plausible to have numerous set items with the same stats.

If these were RARE yellow amulets with the same stats, then I would say you have a stronger argument.

Are you seriously that oblivious?

This item has 7 affixes that are all random... EVERY. SINGLE. AFFIX. IS. THE. SAME.

This doesn't happen. Not when there are 7 of them on the AH, all posted at the same price range, within 1-2 hours of each other... Sorry to burst your bubble, but these items are DUPLICATED.

<insert off-topic point that many/most of these yoyos are responsible for 2x our current potus so yes they are that oblivious>

Sorry to digress but it makes your point.
I was waiting to see when this was going to happen - of course duping is real.
87 Undead Priest
What a joke....
It's duping. Cannot be denied and there's no way to explain it away.

Blizzard had better get busy. This is really begin to affect the profit of my flipping business.
01/22/2013 09:19 AMPosted by PR4Y

I'm not oblivious, rather I would just like to believe the best in people. Call me naive.
blue post blue post blue post where is it?
BLIZZ IS NEVER GOING TO ADMIT DUPING OCCURED OR EVER RESPOND TO THESE THREADS

Why? Look at how many fanboys STILL go around saying "It's just coincidence, no dupe." Yeah, 7 identical trifecta Tal's amulets are just coincidence. As long as there are still people like that around Blizz will never admit to it. As long as Blizz never admits anything, the fanboys will have that one sliver of hope that it really was just a coincidence after all.

If Blizz ever admits to anything, that bubble that the fanboys live in will be popped and theres no defense.
It is unacceptable for Blizzard to not openly address this, and effectively fix it.
This isn't the first time it's happened, either....

This has been going on for MONTHS now, and there's never been a blue post about it. Do some research. Many of the threads that proved there was duping going on were on the popular topics as well.

The earliest MAJOR dupe I can remember is "Arcanum Mind" - wizard offhand... was being duped within a month after launch. like 15+ of them came out of nowhere, and it had nearly PERFECT stats (for the time).

Blizzard is never going to fix this, because they'll never find out how it's being done. My guess is, some random nerd got VERY lucky and stumbled upon a way to dupe... and he's keeping it to himself for the rest of time. Why? Because He's getting FILTHY RICH.
It's weird how they haven't released an official statement on the subject yet. Clearly some of their customers are upset.

It's the sort of customer service we've grown to expect out of Blizzard with D3. They don't care as long as the profit is flowing in I suppose.

(from this thread): http://oi45.tinypic.com/303biut.jpg

also check in the first pages for math regarding all same stats for one item

o/
Well...how about this...

Each Item should have a unique itentifier key (2 of the same items on an account restore should now have that exact same key). The one that is generated from the account restore gets a unique flag to it as well. Meaning there needs to be a database for all items that have been spawned in this manner.

Simple example:

Item 1 = 1234 (original item)
Item 2 = 1234R (restored item)
Item 3 = 1234R1
ect...

We now have something to track each individual item.

for example:
Item 2 was duped from Item 1 from account exploit. They now have the same identifier key and we know that which was duped and which was the original and we can apply some rules:

1) If item 1 and item 2 are put onto the AH at the same time by the same account, that account is banned.

2) If the original item ever goes onto the AH, the item is automatically deleted (we know this is the duped one, as the hacked player will have a restore item.

3) If there are multiple restored items, then any version of the item, except for the last one (in our example Item1234r1) are put onto the auction house, the item is automatically deleted.

In any case, the holder of the original item's account should be insta-banned as soon as the item goes to the AH.

So what we have here is the ablity to easily find those that are exploiting restores to dupe items, and easily find those with hacked accounts.

Oh my.

Do you also give money to those african princes, that are in desperate need of 10.000$ so they can get their hands on the 100.000.000$ that is rightfully theirs? Promising you a profit of 100.000$ in a few weeks.
If so, i have to admit something. I am an saudi-arabian exiled prince, i am the true heir to the throne, i only need 20,000$ to get my hands on what is rightfully mine. Could you lend me those 20.000$? I promise to pay you back tenfold.
(from this thread): http://oi45.tinypic.com/303biut.jpg

also check in the first pages for math regarding all same stats for one item

o/

Fair enough, thanks for pointing that out. How could one go about preventing item duping? In my simple mind, I don't understand how Blizz can't determine if an item is real (or non-duped) or not? Mind you, my technical expertise is summed up in the fact I reboot to fix every computer problem. I would have thought there would be some kind of link to items to something to ensure legitimacy.
Most people with some common sense know that duping had been around since day 1.

The problem is never in such a scale, and so close to home.

Almost every filter i do returns some dupe as the first few return, because the dupes are high end and in vastly larger quantities and range than before.

Probably the beginning of the end now that the average Joe is no longer blind to how prevalent this issue is.

Also the dupers are doing this with impunity, and Blizzard is no where to be found.
seems the blues are taking a 4-day MLK break...
no response in my book equals a tacit approval of duping. They are making money off of these items and taking money away from people who legitimately find high end items. Probably be a class action lawsuit at some point...where 1 million people get $5 :)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]