Diablo® III

Amulet Duping Happening Right Now

(Locked)

01/21/2013 12:39 PMPosted by Averagetank
You will never get a CM response. Just remember that Blizzard snubbed us and speak with your wallet when the expansion comes out.

Not expecting a CM response. Just getting the news out.
01/21/2013 12:39 PMPosted by Averagetank
You will never get a CM response. Just remember that Blizzard snubbed us and speak with your wallet when the expansion comes out.

more like someone with 4 accounts reporting their account as hacked

1 > 2 > 4 > 8 (keep 1)
01/21/2013 12:30 PMPosted by JoshuaGuy

I am not gonna buy obvious dupe. Some people bought dupe and they vanish from your inventory when bliz fix it.

How could that be legal? Say I buy 300m gold on RMAH, turn around and buy that amulet on their GAH, and they just delete it shortly after? No way that's legal. They !@#$ed up letting it appear on the AH, it's their problem.

Actually no, its Your Problem.

This has been discussed to death. As mentioned when you make a purchase in the AH: "Item properties and values may change over time due to game balancing". May change can also indicate the item could be deleted if they feel it was "too overpowered".
blizz is too lazy to deal with this. it's pathetic.

How could that be legal? Say I buy 300m gold on RMAH, turn around and buy that amulet on their GAH, and they just delete it shortly after? No way that's legal. They !@#$ed up letting it appear on the AH, it's their problem.

This has been discussed to death. As mentioned when you make a purchase in the AH: "Item properties and values may change over time due to game balancing". May change can also indicate the item could be deleted if they feel it was "too overpowered".

"Item properties and values may change" in no way says "Item may be deleted". You are probably right about it being my problem, except for the fact that I am not knowingly buying any duped items.

"Item properties and values may change" in no way says "Item may be deleted". You are probably right about it being my problem, except for the fact that I am not knowingly buying any duped items.

my post answered your question, d3 items are not your property it is blizzard property, therefore it cannot be stolen from you
and what was the reason why the sellers name wasnt posted on ah? ohhhhhh so we couldnt contact them in game and cut out the ah profit . money > everything
01/21/2013 12:40 PMPosted by SSS
Not expecting a CM response

actually, we should get one. This is a serious issue

liked and req sticky
"Teeming Necklace" worn by top 10 barbs is also duped.

There are tons of items being duped not just legendaries. Rares as well.

Buyer beware...if it is too good to be true....it probably is.

Technically in the terms of service we don't own any gear we have. We just own the rights to use them. Blizzard has the rights to change or remove any existing piece of equipment whenever they feel it's necessary.

Personally I am not buying anything at all on the AH until this is resolved and a message comes from the blues at least stating they are working on the issue.

Last thing i want is getting one of my items i spent millions on getting deleted because I thought i was getting a "good deal"...
gem prices are dropping like crazy as well. emeralds have dropped 3m today alone and steadily going down.

tried to sell one earlier and within 10 mins it didnt sell so i relisted and the price was way down from the first listing
Edited by Raelys#1654 on 1/21/2013 1:04 PM PST
01/21/2013 12:52 PMPosted by ZaPLaS

liked and req sticky

They are well aware that duping exists, but it shakes players' confidence and gives blizzard bad publicity for this to come to the light.

So it's unlikely that we'll get a response.
I enjoy how the CMs defend their presence here but we can never get a response on game breaking garbage like this. In the least in the words of Dr Evil throw us a friggin bone here and say that you're looking into it or that there's someone at work today.

But it is MLK day after the weekend so there's probably not one ambassador to a community of thousands of paying customers there...
01/21/2013 12:52 PMPosted by ZaPLaS

liked and req sticky

They are well aware that duping exists, but it shakes players' confidence and gives blizzard bad publicity for this to come to the light.

So it's unlikely that we'll get a response.

You're actually right SSS. Well, I'm playing less and less hrs everyday. Last night I logged in, did a few act 3 runs mp3 with 450% MF, nothing good dropped.

ubers mp6, 5nv stacks, no organs at all, went for fields key, nothing.

Why do I even bother and try. I wanna love this game, but the reward system is so flawed. Not funny anymore. What a let down :(

But it is MLK day after the weekend so there's probably not one ambassador to a community of thousands of paying customers there...

I wouldn't be surprised if these things show up mostly on the weekends and holidays because they know they aren't as well-policed.

Just make account restores BOA already. This is absurd. That is almost $1000 worth of amulets there, the incentive do dupe stuff is just too great.

I am not gonna buy obvious dupe. Some people bought dupe and they vanish from your inventory when bliz fix it.

Your right.. Blizzard won't delete those items.. Another reason why Blizzard made a huge mistake in creating the RMAH. IF they delete peoples items they paid money for, they are essentially opening the door for a lawsuit that they would loose.

Unfortunately sometimes the blackmarket is just better.... Without the RMAH, Blizzard would simply delete dupes, and anybody that didn't like... TOUGH. :)
Edited by Poobah#1136 on 1/21/2013 1:22 PM PST

That last part there, "except for the fact that I am not knowingly buying any duped items" is exactly why Blizzard should fix this. When/if they start deleting all the godly characters around here due to all their duped gear, they are no doubt going to be upset.

Its a messy situation for both parties.

I wouldn't be surprised if these things show up mostly on the weekends and holidays because they know they aren't as well-policed.

Just make account restores BOA already. This is absurd. That is almost $1000 worth of amulets there, the incentive do dupe stuff is just too great.

I pondered the idea of what a possible fix would look like to stop the already confirmed dupe exploit (tricking blizzard with account rollbacks) and couldn't figure a foolproof one out.

This solution still, while it is great, has a major flaw. People can still exploit it. Here's how:

1) Do the exploit like normal (sell your godly item that you want to dupe... make 2B gold or w/e).

2) Hide that gold with someone. (as the exploit people have been doing for awhile now suggests)

3) Talk to blizzard saying your account got hacked. They will restore your items, but make them all BoA.

4) Person just successfully sold all their gear for market price and got a free copy of it to wear in the process.
Should just introduce cheat codes, so we can all take part in this.

Its not a problem, its a feature.
I did a post on this ammy a little while ago.

15 players have it... http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/15692266
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]