Diablo® III

Amulet Duping Happening Right Now

(Locked)

Well... I think we can just forget this thread ever getting a Blue in it.
After digging a bit I found a thread created at the end of October that had 26 pages of signed players wanting a duping solution or at least a response.... no luck for them.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5723605573
01/21/2013 11:27 PMPosted by Fingerling
they steal days/week/months of player lives for no return

dramatic much?

Well ask yourself this, in a game where your supposed to grind for your loot in the course of 1,087 hours on a character you managed to find a grand total of 4 items you "might" have considered using when you FIRST hit 60 being overly dramatic?

This leads to the next issue...

Can someone better informed than me please answer this question:

Before release, I was talking to a couple of my acquaintances at Game Stop and I asked them "What is Blizzard going to do about duping this time around?"
They said that it would not be a problem at all because each item that is generated in the game would have a unique identifier like a serial number, and that the system would constantly be scanning for duplicate serial numbers and go on search and destroy mode when detected. I was saying "hell yeah.. that sounds like it would work!"

So what happened to that security system? Was it ever a reality?

The method for duping is giving all of your gear to some one else (a dealer account in most cases) and reporting that you've been hacked. You can have your account rolled back and get all of those "lost" items thus duping gear, A while ago there was a MASSIVE influx of gems into the market and radiant stars were down to 4-5 million because of it. Blizzard will NEVER remove these from players who purchased them because of the !@#$ storm it would create. Duping done by blizzard themselves... lool

On a more serious note if the security system actually assigns each dropped item a unique serial number this has DEEP and far reach ramifications on this games viability for long term survival. Because that would imply that no two items would ever truly be able to roll the exact same meaning who ever finds that perfectly rolled item would be the ONLY person on the sever to have it and that alone would kill off at least 30% of current populous. Who honestly would want to play a game where you have a 0% chance to find the best thing since delivery pizza simply because someone else found it first?

I think this point needs to be addressed the second a CM sees it because this type of issue is a potential game destroyer.
Moving on to PoE because this duping is lols.
At zero.

With that system even if 2 items rolled exactly the same each item would have a different serial number upon creation. Just because something rolls the same as something else doesn't mean it's serial number would be the same.

Also on the EU forums a CM did respond. Said something along the lines of "this will prolly not be seen here so make sure you send a bug report email in and it will be investigated"

Lolz
Edited by Croy#1972 on 1/22/2013 1:20 AM PST
I've seen two identical blues drop within 10 feet of each other, so anythings possible, but there are a LOT of things blizzards does not tell us. Which would be nice if a CM would be able to enlighten us, but with 60,000 fish in the sea what are the odds of this one being caught?
Edited by Zero#12911 on 1/22/2013 1:21 AM PST
Please dupe to the point where most players have perfect gear.
01/22/2013 01:22 AMPosted by Charlie
Please dupe to the point where most players have perfect gear.

2nd this, gold on rmah is going down steady
oh i thought im the only one here...check this!!!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7708412203#4
Duped barb amulets plox!
I want a cheap trifecta too.
http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/21274391

this item was on the AH ytd, it originated from a barb named Chris, 5 appear on the AH...exact identical, that barb also have a IK chest that belong to 15 other people...please tell me this is not duping.
This isn't an MMO but Blizzard treats it like one. Now the roll backs are screwing all of us further. The irony.
No big deal, yesterday I saw 2 sets of duped trifecta amulets, each set there's 3... If sigh...
01/21/2013 12:13 PMPosted by LSU
Looks more and more like diablo 2 everyday.

I wish it were more like diablo 2.
Duping? that's crazy talk

http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/17730069

oh... wait
01/22/2013 01:20 AMPosted by Zero
I've seen two identical blues drop within 10 feet of each other, so anythings possible, but there are a LOT of things blizzards does not tell us. Which would be nice if a CM would be able to enlighten us, but with 60,000 fish in the sea what are the odds of this one being caught?

yeah I've had the same blues and the same rares drop before, but that was a loooong time ago and supposedly it was a bug that they fixed
I think its an extremely naive player that believes duping isn't happening and then even more naive to argue that it isn't...... to the point that I just ignore them.

I've seen it first hand myself.

Recently (last weekend) two skorns on the AH. Selling for exactly the same price. They had exactly the same min and max damage (already rare to find), exactly the same DPS score (cumulatively even rarer), strength score (cumulatively getting astronomically unlikely), crit dmg (cumulatively getting universal), LS scores (cumulatively approaching zero chance at all of this happening by natural drop)

All stats EXACTLY the same.

All these matching are so impossibly rare that they just had to be duped.

So I'm with the OP.
Edited by Britty#6649 on 1/22/2013 4:58 AM PST
okay for those stupid moron out there that dont believe in dupe here proof

http://oi45.tinypic.com/303biut.jpg

3 item same name - rares same stats -
Yes it can be random...

But when all 7 also have the same Int and Vit along with the other stats - completely identical - one starts to wonder why they have all been posted 1 hour after each other,
So what if they are dupes? Who cares? Are you mad because those amulets are better than yours?

Diablo III is a pay-to-win game. Caring this much about ANY gear is just foolish.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]