Diablo® III

No Black Weapon Nerf

We do our best to ensure that we alert the community in advance of game changes (just like we did for the Legendary Item Improvements), and in this particular case, I wanted to jump in to reassure everyone that “black weapons” (i.e. weapons with the MinMaxDamage Affix) are not going to be nerfed in patch 1.0.7, and we have no plans going forward to nerf them.

Known Issues are just that, bugs that we know about. They are NOT necessarily bugs that are going to be fixed. The MinMaxDamage bug has been a bug known to us since July of last year, however, we did not want to fix a bug that would effectively nerf a large number of existing weapons. That’s why we did not fix the bug in any previous patch that we've released since the bug was found, nor are we fixing it in patch 1.0.7. Currently, the plan is that at such a time that we address the bug, the bug fix will only apply to newly created items, so as to not adversely affect existing items.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593743038?page=15#294
Reply Quote
That being said...

http://i.imgur.com/cGCqApY.jpg

Still available!! :)
Reply Quote
There goes my plan to get rich on Messerschmidt Reavers, Maximiii, and Fury of Vanished Peaks....
Reply Quote
5 hot duped EF's in GAH looking good now.

1190.8dps
163Int
89CD
OS
10.1% Fear

Dupe or not. They are DPS monsters.
Reply Quote
Good Lord... I'm beginning to see more threads/discussion about duped items, the fact that 4 are listed at the same time, is very clear something is amiss.
Reply Quote
I think them not nerfing the Black weapon was a great idea until I read they knew about the nerf since July though. Not fixing earlier has created more problems.

ATM we're all ID'ing weapons that may have been useful if they did. Having 1/5 Affixes useable whilst 4/5 useless is kinda dumb.
Reply Quote
A hearty guffaw at all the dopes who perpetuated this hysteria, and another at the ones who fell for it.
Reply Quote
woot my 200m was not spent in vain!
Reply Quote
Sigh of relief.

Dances a merry jig.
Reply Quote
Can someone please tell me what the actual bug is?

All I've seen is people saying "It's a bug, to min/max, dont' nerf us!" or "We know there is a bug"

What is the bug? Are min/max dmg values %10 too high? Getting added twice? are they 1000000times too strong? Anybody?
Reply Quote
I think min value gets added twice on weapons. Once to min and once to max, then the max also gets added.

So a weapon with +100 min and +200 max is the equivalent to the 100-300 bonus on an OH.
Reply Quote
BDF, if this had been corrected, my Echoing Fury would have gone down to 1117, or a loss of 131. :(

My old Desolator Wand, which I kept for no good reason, would have gone from 1356 to 1112. :p My lifesteal weapon would have dropped, too.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 03:20 PMPosted by Loroese
I think min value gets added twice on weapons. Once to min and once to max, then the max also gets added

When the +min and the base min exceeded the base max ...
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 03:27 PMPosted by jenpeezey
I think min value gets added twice on weapons. Once to min and once to max, then the max also gets added

When the +min and the base min exceeded the base max ...

I don't follow. Can you give an example?
Reply Quote
OK, I don't have my old wand equipped, but let me explain --

Let's say average base damage on desolator wand is:
120 - 222

The +min on my wand was 316.

Add that to min on wand = 436, which is higher than 222. To make the 222 more than 436, +min was added to 222 and then the +max was added, inflating the max. Same for Echoing Fury. Someone on Reddit said anyone with +136 min could have gotten nerfed, so I checked my EF, and lo and behold, it would have gotten a hit. I used one of those Google doc spreadsheets to check.
Reply Quote
Ok, I got it. So it basically adds the min first. Checks that max > min, if not then it sets max = min. Then it adds the max. That sound about right?
Reply Quote
5 hot duped EF's in GAH looking good now.

1190.8dps
163Int
89CD
OS
10.1% Fear

Dupe or not. They are DPS monsters.

I originally posted that in the general forum, but it was deleted (not sure why).

Back then, there were only 3 of those EFs. I thought rollback dupe items were account bound or has that not been implemented yet?
Reply Quote
Yes, so the correct max of that desolator wand is actually much lower, resulting in a much lower dps. Like approximately 244 lower. My Echoing Fury would have dropped by 131.

Many players thought the bug was only regarding jewelry, but that was not the case, as Vaeflare confirmed today.
Reply Quote
the black weapon "bug" does not affect jewelry damage bonuses. nor does it affect rubies iirc.

the jewelry problem is that say an amulet with 30 min damage and 20 max damage is equipped, you will not get the +20 max because it is smaller than the min.

however if you have a jewelry with +30-50 (the SAME THING) you receive the damage correctly

another possibility was they wanted all damage bonuses to consistently follow the black damage "bug"

Its definitely not a bug if max = basemax + bonusmin + bonusmax, that would be logical. ATM it's not though, even though it would be a weapon buff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]