Diablo® III

Monster density: Let's be honest

90 Worgen Druid
I would like to see more mob density throughout the whole game. This isn't even close in comparison to Diablo 2. I do enjoy D3, but there just isnt' enough monsters IMHO. I'd love the feel of epic amounts of killing and bodies piling up. Fighting through any of the current acts doesn't give the epic feel of mass slaughtering. The more monsters the happier i'll be!!!
Edited by darkfury#1400 on 1/25/2013 1:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee

I wonder if the mere adjustment to having Nephalem Valor persist between acts would inspire farming of Acts 2 & 4 far more often

In patch 1.0.7 Nephalem Valor will persist between Acts. This is just one of many possible features that should provide some incentive for some players to farm areas they normally don’t. I know I will personally see Act 4 a little more as a direct result, but we're still seeing how it's being received by players on the PTR before we have a good idea on how much it’s helping. That said, Nephalem Valor persisting through Acts is just one step, and there are still lots of options and ideas we are exploring to improve this part of the game.
Reply Quote

I wonder if the mere adjustment to having Nephalem Valor persist between acts would inspire farming of Acts 2 & 4 far more often

In patch 1.0.7 Nephalem Valor will persist between Acts. This is just one of many possible features that should provide some incentive for some players to farm areas they normally don’t. I know I will personally see Act 4 a little more as a direct result, but we're still seeing how it's being received by players on the PTR before we have a good idea on how much it’s helping. That said, Nephalem Valor persisting through Acts is just one step, and there are still lots of options and ideas we are exploring to improve this part of the game.

and to clarify: To move between Acts you must follow the storyline of defeating the main Boss of that Act? (Butcher, Belial, Azmo).

In other words, are we unable to move between acts without having to defeat those bosses/completing the end quests?
Reply Quote

You guys even have posts on the Diablo 3 page showing Act3 runs that use very specific parts of the act only to get maximum XP. People don't even farm all of Act3, they limit themselves to specific sections of the act only. Being able to carry NV between acts really isn't going to matter to the people complaining about monster density. They'll still just do the most efficient routes possible.
Reply Quote
View profile

Allow us to choose which quest we want to begin the next act once we've beat the act boss! That's even more true for act 2, where it starts slow. Act 4 is fine... and act 1 is irrelevant since you cannot backtrack.
Reply Quote

Does this mean we would be able to go from Act 3 Tower of Damned level 1 to the Desolate Sands in a flash? Sort of like D2???

No, you just have the stacks f.e. in Act 4 after killing Azmodan and changing to it.
Reply Quote
View profile

I'm not seeing the correlation to what you posted and the TOPIC of monster density.

He's saying that you now have a reason to visit act 4 after you're done with act 3.
Reply Quote
View profile

No, you just have the stacks f.e. in Act 4 after killing Azmodan and changing to it.

Well that's dumb.

You'd have to play to the part you want to kill the Boss?

ugh

Don't be so quick to judge. Act 4 is a wonderful place for Archon Wizard.
Reply Quote
View profile

Thanks. But by that logic, I can't see why waypoint between Acts can't be possible...
Reply Quote
here is my thoughts on mob density and this forum is an excellent place to share it. i do agree that mob density is part of the fun in diablo 3 and should be heightened in the acts 1,2 and 4. being able to smash through countless monsters appeals to almost everyone who plays this game. many of you commented on another forum that jar of souls was one of your favorite events within the game and going off of this, this is almost definatelely solely not my idea, but since blizzard has postponed pvp, an introduction of a multi player survival endless mode should be added to the game with multiple landscapes from which to choose. in this survival mode a player and his allies would face endless waves of monsters that get harder both health and damage wise as the players progress. the key? to survive. i think that this would be a great addition to the game and it would allow the hack and slash swarms that people are yearning. i hope a blue at least glances at this post because i think it would be a great idea to draw in new players and give those who already play a chance to test real skill. i'm sure they could even add mp to it! therre would have to be restrictions of course as to xp and maybe drop rate.
Edited by Camburger#1660 on 1/26/2013 3:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
Something similar to the Keep Depths 2. Easily the best density in the entire game. I wouldn't mind even more density than KP2! Mob density is a HUGE problem in the game ATM and I feel it is very overlooked.
Reply Quote

He's saying that you now have a reason to visit act 4 after you're done with act 3.

But there isn't. Act 4 is terrible for farming, and some of the mobs there are not worth the trouble fighting ( I am not saying hard - just annoying and maybe a bit overtuned )

Letting NV go across acts is a pointless addition because it only applies to playing forward through quests.

We need a waypoint system ( that would be unlocked once you finished the game ) so we can easily teleport between places in different acts. Otherwise, people are just better off staying in the only act that seems to matter - Act 3.
Edited by Darmival#1276 on 1/25/2013 4:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I would absolutely love to see higher monster density across the board. Not because I want extra XP / Paragon. Not because I want more drops and better loot (but don't get me wrong, I wouldn't complain).

I want it because to me, the pinnacle of playing a Diablo game is mowing down packs of monsters. I'm talking screen-after-screen full of baddies and just absolutely demolishing all of them. Also, the frequency of enemies (in addition to the quantity) needs to be increased. Brief respites after a brutal encounter can be good while gaming, but far too much time in D3 is spent running through fields or hallways with nobody to slay, just some barrels and debris here and there.

Give me more to kill and more often. Even if nerfs have to happen to balance the game as a result, it would be worth it.
Edited by Lucerin#1291 on 1/25/2013 4:28 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]