Diablo® III

Monster density: Let's be honest

View profile

He's saying that you now have a reason to visit act 4 after you're done with act 3.

But there isn't. Act 4 is terrible for farming, and some of the mobs there are not worth the trouble fighting ( I am not saying hard - just annoying and maybe a bit overtuned )

Letting NV go across acts is a pointless addition because it only applies to playing forward through quests.

We need a waypoint system ( that would be unlocked once you finished the game ) so we can easily teleport between places in different acts. Otherwise, people are just better off staying in the only act that seems to matter - Act 3.

I've recently added Act 4 to my farming route after clearing act 3. Azmodan takes me maybe 30 seconds with the walking... and probably 2 minutes at most for completing the quest, identify and going to the next act.

I can charge up to 3 minutes timer on my Archon against Istaku. It takes me less than 30 seconds to do that. From that point, I usually reach Izual with the same Archon activated. Izual now drops more items (boss loots) and you may no benefit from Rakanoth's loots. The hell rift has an insane density of monster. The key warden will also give you additional loots for minimal effort. Your DPS is higher than mine. You probably could beat Diablo with a single Archon unless you backtrack a lot.

Unlocking WP and going wherever you want is not going to happen. This directly goes against their design philosophy. If you want to ask something more plausible, ask them for the option of picking the quest you want to begin the next act once you've beaten the act boss. You won't have to run through all the quests. You can just pick the last quest, do your run, and complete it by doing the act boss and move on to the next act.

It probably would save you a lot more time than getting 5 new stacks.
Edited by DoomBringer#1994 on 1/25/2013 4:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
Being able to carry NV between acts really isn't going to matter to the people complaining about monster density. They'll still just do the most efficient routes possible.

Well those are the people that have sucked the fun out of the game wth 1000+ hours and have distilled it to it's most simplest parts. It's still better than nothing, plus gives a huge boost to actually playing Act IV once in a while.

Plus they have stated they agree with the lack of monster density makes Act III the most profitable, it's just the fix won't make it in the 1.0.7 patch. Clearly there is no "Monster Density Slider" in their game engine, so it will take more time.
Reply Quote

I wonder if the mere adjustment to having Nephalem Valor persist between acts would inspire farming of Acts 2 & 4 far more often

In patch 1.0.7 Nephalem Valor will persist between Acts. This is just one of many possible features that should provide some incentive for some players to farm areas they normally don’t. I know I will personally see Act 4 a little more as a direct result, but we're still seeing how it's being received by players on the PTR before we have a good idea on how much it’s helping. That said, Nephalem Valor persisting through Acts is just one step, and there are still lots of options and ideas we are exploring to improve this part of the game.

If the Blizzard Development team seriously think that Nephalem Valor persisting through Acts will allow viability to farm other Acts... you're totally wrong. People do specific routes that are most efficient for legendary and XP farming, and these routes include only around 3-5 areas in Act 3.. and ONLY in Act 3. That's why you have to increase the density in other Acts so you can have viable farming routes in other Acts aswell, or allow people to leave the game and change Act in menu without losing stacks... OR you do it D2 style, so we can WP to any Act at any waypoint.
Reply Quote
The reason why Act 3 is more favored on This game is because of the monsters in Act 3 are more dense and you are not tired of running around trying to find monsters to hit like you are on act 1, 2, and 4...

In those act, we rarely find monsters pack with 6 - 10 monsters.
While in Act 3 youll find TONS of them while not tiring yourself running around finding for them...
Reply Quote
How to make Diablo 3 more fun and successful in one sentence.

3. fight for loot drops. Make loot drops rate higher in groups and you have to fight to be the first to pick it up.

You mean all the pickit bots fighting to get it? not fun at all.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:04 PMPosted by Camburger
here is my thoughts on mob density and this forum is an excellent place to share it. i do agree that mob density is part of the fun in diablo 3 and should be heightened in the acts 1,2 and 4. being able to smash through countless monsters appeals to almost everyone who plays this game. many of you commented on another forum that jar of souls was one of your favorite events within the game and going off of this, this is almost definatelely solely not my idea, but since blizzard has postponed pvp, an introduction of a multi player survival endless mode should be added to the game with multiple landscapes from which to choose. in this survival mode a player and his allies would face endless waves of monsters that get harder both health and damage wise as the players progress. the key? to survive. i think that this would be a great addition to the game and it would allow the hack and slash swarms that people are yearning. i hope a blue at least glances at this post because i think it would be a great idea to draw in new players and give those who already play a chance to test real skill. i'm sure they could even add mp to it!

Very nice idea, it would help with the monster density situation, the first few waves should give minimal xp, with each new wave of monsters more xp, perhaps a cap of course. Bump
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 03:10 PMPosted by Grimiku
o improve t

It would help if you added a way to disable all cut-scenes. I loved them the first time, not so much the 10,000'th.
Reply Quote
ok,the best we want is if someone dont konw this game's name ,and saw we play it ,and they will say yes this is D class
Reply Quote

In patch 1.0.7 Nephalem Valor will persist between Acts. This is just one of many possible features that should provide some incentive for some players to farm areas they normally don’t. I know I will personally see Act 4 a little more as a direct result, but we're still seeing how it's being received by players on the PTR before we have a good idea on how much it’s helping. That said, Nephalem Valor persisting through Acts is just one step, and there are still lots of options and ideas we are exploring to improve this part of the game.

and to clarify: To move between Acts you must follow the storyline of defeating the main Boss of that Act? (Butcher, Belial, Azmo).

In other words, are we unable to move between acts without having to defeat those bosses/completing the end quests?

Yeah, it isn't ideal. Don't get me wrong: Having this and izual as a proper boss are great steps but what we really want is a non-story mode. This isn't as hard to implement as it might sound: Playing act 3 from the very last quest gives you instant access to every area and all monsters/elites except the boss encounters. Add in the boss encounters, take out any speech bubble popups and allow free access to waypoints in any act. That would be amazing.
Reply Quote
Letting us swap skills would help a lot.
Reply Quote
I wish they would take mob density and double it. And then, double it again.
I get so bored running through areas where there are no enemies to fight.
Reply Quote

valors persisting through acts is a useless feature. who would want to repeat the same quests, events, story, zone by zone in specific order over and over?

am i supposed to kill butcher before moving on to act 2, and then have to repeat all the story line again? c'mon, do you actually think that is a good change?

now, it would be a real nice change if we could freely move to whichever way point, in which ever order we wanted and which ever act we wanted

you know, like in d2?

Yes who would do act runs as opposed to farming the same 3-4 levels over and over ad infinitum. Frankly I like doing act runs, starting from start or near start depending on act and going to the end, slower maybe, but more enjoyable then just seeing the same rooms every 5-30 mins.
Reply Quote
We should have an option to increase density just like monster power. You could mod a single player game in Diablo 2 to do this - I don't see why it would be such a huge issue for people to say "no" to - they could just turn it off and run like normal. Setting 10 could be a SEA OF MONSTERS - so cool.

Personally, i don't think a Monster Density system should be introduced. In fact, ideally, i don't think Monster Power should need to exist at all either. But, considering the way the game is currently setup, i do understand why Monster Power exists, and i do make extensive use of it. Sometimes though, i have flashbacks to before it existed, when there was no such thing as MP0 "easy mode" and Inferno was pretty damn tough.

Anyway, since Monster Power does exist, it seems to make a lot of sense to simply tie monster density into the MP system. Lower density at MP0 and higher density at MP10. Nothing too crazy, but maybe a ~25% difference between the current setting on either end.

Don't get me wrong though, i want to slaughter hordes of monsters too.

Yes who would do act runs as opposed to farming the same 3-4 levels over and over ad infinitum. Frankly I like doing act runs, starting from start or near start depending on act and going to the end, slower maybe, but more enjoyable then just seeing the same rooms every 5-30 mins.

I think that's the point. I agree, your method is way more fun, and i used to play that way, but the efficiency level is just miles away. As blue posters have said about monster density, it needs to be viable within a certain threshold, and it simply isn't. Now, if they could find a way to, say, add heaps of extra monsters that wouldn't otherwise exist if you weren't running the quest (hey, maybe that way!)... otherwise, i agree that free roam mode = win.
Edited by Dragonfly#1941 on 1/25/2013 6:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well there needs to be a bit of changes in density period...some places are just boring, don't need keep level 2 level density, but when I fight 1 pack of mobs and nothing for half a screen to 2 there is a problem, where a zone like field of misery has 1-3 elites *a few events but elite packs are scarce* compared to festering woods where you can get 3-5 *sure 2 are from mini dungeons but just sheer ease* in half the size and much earier to fight and get too. There is a problem of not every area even in a act being equal.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 06:14 PMPosted by wolfwing
There is a problem of not every area even in a act being equal.

Yeah, and that on top of not every act being equal either.

It's just a matter of getting it close enough, i reckon, and apparently they are working on that so here's hoping it's awesome :D
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 06:07 PMPosted by Dragonfly
We should have an option to increase density just like monster power. You could mod a single player game in Diablo 2 to do this - I don't see why it would be such a huge issue for people to say "no" to - they could just turn it off and run like normal. Setting 10 could be a SEA OF MONSTERS - so cool.

Personally, i don't think a Monster Density system should be introduced. In fact, ideally, i don't think Monster Power should need to exist at all either. But, considering the way the game is currently setup, i do understand why Monster Power exists, and i do make extensive use of it. Sometimes though, i have flashbacks to before it existed, when there was no such thing as MP0 "easy mode" and Inferno was pretty damn tough.

Anyway, since Monster Power does exist, it seems to make a lot of sense to simply tie monster density into the MP system. Lower density at MP0 and higher density at MP10. Nothing too crazy, but maybe a ~25% difference between the current setting on either end.

Don't get me wrong though, i want to slaughter hordes of monsters too.

I think that's the point. I agree, your method is way more fun, and i used to play that way, but the efficiency level is just miles away. As blue posters have said about monster density, it needs to be viable within a certain threshold, and it simply isn't. Now, if they could find a way to, say, add heaps of extra monsters that wouldn't otherwise exist if you weren't running the quest (hey, maybe that way!)... otherwise, i agree that free roam mode = win.

Something I've found and want to long term testing is, act 1 key runs between festering woods -> field of misery, compared to act runs in same length of time, I seem to get more legendaries+ doing short runs then a long run over a entire act, which seems stupid. Not just focusing on density but I'm killing about same elites and such, but the amount of elites to get a legendary ontop of NV being half the time below 5 seems weird.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 06:16 PMPosted by Dragonfly
There is a problem of not every area even in a act being equal.

Yeah, and that on top of not every act being equal either.

It's just a matter of getting it close enough, i reckon, and apparently they are working on that so here's hoping it's awesome :D

yeah I should say equalish, I don't expect it to be perfect across all acts and areas, but the huge differences in areas even next to each other and act 2 vs act 3/4 is a bit much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]