Diablo® III

Skorn, Zombie bear WD. Unsure what to upgrade

As the title says I've been running Acid cloud / zombie bears on mp0/1 and I'm loving it after spin to win on my barb that got boring. However I'm not quiet sure which item slot to upgrade next for my biggest boost in dmg / survivabilty if I wanted to up the MP. Any help from some more experienced WD's would be greatly appreciated.

I'm only using the Str lacunis cause I had them from my barb, and wanted the run speed since I had enough dps to 1 shot things on mp0 already, and they still had some vit.

I only have about 18M on hand, but saving up isn't an issue
Edited by Criptos#1675 on 1/23/2013 11:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
Zuni Pox with CC. The extra 20 mana per second is game changing for Bears build.
Reply Quote
I was thinking about that, but I don't really run out of mana on low MP, since I just horrify / SW between packs I always regen. Would also need one with Average dmg with I think is like 60M starting price but i'll keep an eye out, thanks
Reply Quote
View profile
Most of your gear could and should be upgraded at some point. Pick your piece... find upgrades... compare price vs profit on your build... done. Hard to tell anyone to upgrade 1 specific gear piece when you can find a great deal on AH for something that would benefit you more.

Until you have close to max rolls / no wasted affix on your gear... then they can always be upgraded.
Reply Quote
for higher mp, lets say mp5-6 you'll need higher HP, imo 37k is kinda low aim for at least 45-50k and yea u need to finish ur zuni set for that extra 20 mana regen...helps a lot for bears build.

For the zuni ring, my advice, as a skorn user myself, is go for a AS and no cc cus it is way cheaper (almost half ) and that extra as helps a lot for animation cast for positioning against wall or kiting those frozen arcane elites.

Invest on int the more the better cus int=dmg=ar (10 int =1ar)

ps: current profile is my loot/gold grinding gear
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 11:47 AMPosted by Criptos
I was thinking about that, but I don't really run out of mana on low MP, since I just horrify / SW between packs I always regen. Would also need one with Average dmg with I think is like 60M starting price but i'll keep an eye out, thanks

Yes, if you stay on MP0/1 you don't need it... in your post however, you stated that you wanted to move up MP. At higher MP, you will run out of mana (and I feel comfortable stating unequivocally that your best upgrade will be completing your zuni set).

You will need to get past the fact that a rare ring will give you more paper DPS. No matter how good a Zuni ring you get, you will be able to find a rare ring on AH that gives you significantly more DPS at a small fraction of the cost... you are completing the set for mana regen, not dps.

Get one with decent CC to minimize DPS loss, take the hit and move on to other upgrades (my 2c).
Reply Quote
Witching hour tal ammy with cc and cd zuni ring with cc attack speed on your gloves
Your skorn could be a little better crit dmg your gem could be upgraded hope you got some $$ cuz stuff isent gunna be cheap at your level
Reply Quote
Thanks for the input everyone much appreciated.
Reply Quote
Why do WD's use a Skorn? You can get the same damage from a good knife and off hand which could give you 28 mana/sec and 2 sets of affixes.

BTW:Zu Poxs with AS are ridiculously expensive.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 04:51 PMPosted by hawkeye
Why do WD's use a Skorn? You can get the same damage from a good knife and off hand which could give you 28 mana/sec and 2 sets of affixes

I would say there are two major reasons:

1. At the lower-end because the cost/dps is lower with Skorn than with 1H/OH.
2. At the higher-end because you can get (up to) 6% Life-Steal (or 2000 LoH) with Skorn. For example, many WD's doing high MP (farming or ubers) use a combination of LS on weapon, throttling attacks vs. reflect, LoH on items, and one or more skills that proc LoH (such as Acid Rain). With 6%, I can ignore all of that and spam away with Bears... I get all the "healing" I need from my Skorn

For example (during MP 10 uber runs), 6% Skorn enabled me to:
- Spam Bears though Magdha locusts
- Spam Bears through Skele king "moonwalk"
- Spam Ghom (while standing in cloud), and survive attacks by him, Raganoth, and adds
- Spam Siege without losing health (I can even do this when he is enraged when combined with health potions, and Spirit Walk)

Of course if I run out of mana, any one of these scenarios will kill me... hehe

I'll be interested to see where the arguments settle out for PvP. With a Skorn, there is no doubt I can "one-shot" players more easily (with DoT) than I could with 1H/OH due to higher damage per cast, but 1H has a lot of advantages as well for PvP
Edited by BigRed#1100 on 1/24/2013 5:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
not to mention a good off-hand also helps
Reply Quote
View profile
Why do WD's use a Skorn? You can get the same damage from a good knife and off hand which could give you 28 mana/sec and 2 sets of affixes

I would say there are two major reasons:

1. At the lower-end because the cost/dps is lower with Skorn than with 1H/OH.
2. At the higher-end because you can get (up to) 6% Life-Steal (or 2000 LoH) with Skorn. For example, many WD's doing high MP (farming or ubers) use a combination of LS on weapon, throttling attacks vs. reflect, LoH on items, and one or more skills that proc LoH (such as Acid Rain). With 6%, I can ignore all of that and spam away with Bears... I get all the "healing" I need from my Skorn

For example (during MP 10 uber runs), 6% Skorn enabled me to:
- Spam Bears though Magdha locusts
- Spam Bears through Skele king "moonwalk"
- Spam Ghom (while standing in cloud), and survive attacks by him, Raganoth, and adds
- Spam Siege without losing health (I can even do this when he is enraged when combined with health potions, and Spirit Walk)

Of course if I run out of mana, any one of these scenarios will kill me... hehe

I'll be interested to see where the arguments settle out for PvP. With a Skorn, there is no doubt I can "one-shot" players more easily (with DoT) than I could with 1H/OH due to higher damage per cast, but 1H has a lot of advantages as well for PvP

you can do that not because of your skorn just becuase of your other great gears. your performance can be huge increase ( no paper dps) if you use a 10% crt mojo and 1 hand Mana knife ( or black dam socket life steal weapon) . Drop them and test how "well" your skorn work like.
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 1/24/2013 7:59 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]