I'm only using the Str lacunis cause I had them from my barb, and wanted the run speed since I had enough dps to 1 shot things on mp0 already, and they still had some vit.
I only have about 18M on hand, but saving up isn't an issue
01/23/2013 11:47 AMPosted by CriptosI was thinking about that, but I don't really run out of mana on low MP, since I just horrify / SW between packs I always regen. Would also need one with Average dmg with I think is like 60M starting price but i'll keep an eye out, thanks
01/24/2013 04:51 PMPosted by hawkeyeWhy do WD's use a Skorn? You can get the same damage from a good knife and off hand which could give you 28 mana/sec and 2 sets of affixes
Why do WD's use a Skorn? You can get the same damage from a good knife and off hand which could give you 28 mana/sec and 2 sets of affixes
I would say there are two major reasons:
1. At the lower-end because the cost/dps is lower with Skorn than with 1H/OH.
2. At the higher-end because you can get (up to) 6% Life-Steal (or 2000 LoH) with Skorn. For example, many WD's doing high MP (farming or ubers) use a combination of LS on weapon, throttling attacks vs. reflect, LoH on items, and one or more skills that proc LoH (such as Acid Rain). With 6%, I can ignore all of that and spam away with Bears... I get all the "healing" I need from my Skorn
For example (during MP 10 uber runs), 6% Skorn enabled me to:
- Spam Bears though Magdha locusts
- Spam Bears through Skele king "moonwalk"
- Spam Ghom (while standing in cloud), and survive attacks by him, Raganoth, and adds
- Spam Siege without losing health (I can even do this when he is enraged when combined with health potions, and Spirit Walk)
Of course if I run out of mana, any one of these scenarios will kill me... hehe
I'll be interested to see where the arguments settle out for PvP. With a Skorn, there is no doubt I can "one-shot" players more easily (with DoT) than I could with 1H/OH due to higher damage per cast, but 1H has a lot of advantages as well for PvP
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.