Diablo® III

WD fastest mp 1 build?

So my wd is ok for the moment not all my items are on but i was just curious based off most of my gear you see. what build will let me run through mp 1 fast? I made a barb recently because it's so fast....rapid press speed boost right click and your done...

thanks for the help
Reply Quote
Get a thing of the deep offhand
Use grave injustice
Set horrify with stalker
And hex with angry chicken
Use acid cloud instead of dogs
Use vengeful spirit
Reply Quote
I do alk runs rather fast with my build.
Reply Quote
What Jim Bob said except that I run bears.
Reply Quote
If your dps can kill 80% mob from 1 acid rain you do 60m exp/hour from this build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#RdUfYT!TYe!acacYa

And if you can optimize your run to the best way you can reach 100m exp/hour like Chucknorris said.

Chuck build didn't use acid rain but use stalker for more movement speed.

For me i do around 50m exp/ hour before 100 para due to pick up and ident every rare.
Reply Quote
This is my favourite build, but you need to have really high dps. Acid cloud should one-shot almost all white trash and sacrificing the dogs should one-shot elites.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#RVUdXi!TYZ!acacZb

Also, for farming you'd be much better off using a visage of guyia with cc and bonus to acid cloud. It's shouldn't cost too much to get a helm with 4%cc, 6%cc to acid cloud, and mana regen. It's perfect for farming! You also want a slow weapon that hits hard - this helps you one-shot whole rooms. The idea is to keep running, so you want to be casting as little as possible.
Reply Quote
@Trefnwyd why is at that your WD dps say 1 million? and u have 5700 int? bugged or something?
Reply Quote
Haha na it's my fully buffed dps. It's just playing around, and I don't use that setup when farming. I just wanted to see how high my buffed damage :P

My regular unbuffed dps with ToTD is just over 250k. I can get that up to just under 1.1million dps with...
5 soul harvest
5 gruesome feast
4 sacrificed dogs
Pierce the Veil
IAS Shrine
Vodoo
Reply Quote
Using the last breath/TOTD build with rot and acid rain I run as fast at mp1 as mp0. I cast about 3-4 rot for one acid rain. If you run low on mana, eg 2 x elite packs honored guest refills. The JF, BM and lifelink provide 45% damage reduction, helpful for fallen maniacs. Paranoia is helpful now and then. It is a very fast build for low mp. (Btw LB & Sever provide enemy rest in peace which has a characteristic that fills health at monster death, but you won't need it with this dr.)
Reply Quote
I run the same build as trefnwyd except with a 2hander. it's a little easier/cheaper to do than to get an amazing 1h and a good/great totd.
Reply Quote
Try the build on my HC WD, except use the mana rune on Sacrifice if you do 1-hand + mojo. Runs Alk just a few minutes slower than my barb (a great achievement).
Reply Quote
Ah okay :-) pretty cool still though ;-) I am a DH so I don't know about all that stuff :-D
Reply Quote
Watch below to get an idea of how i do my WD. Check our my profile for the passive cause the vid doesn't cover them but spirit vessel & grave injustice are obviously key for reduced cooldowns so you can perma-sprint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFnrdOtUC6E

You can gear for this really really cheap and can storm MP1 with my average gear. It's really fun to play also.
Reply Quote
acid armageddon for sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDvglwd9FCI

works prety good for low budget gear aswell I was able to have 50mil xp/hour with 10mil budget

here is the build : http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aRXdUV!YZT!YaZcab
Reply Quote
I second the previous two posts. Pretty much like my build. (Updated SC WD profile for it)

Except I find no need for Poison Dart, so just sub that for Zombie Dogs: Final Gift so you have a constant health globe engine (4.5% chance of bonus globe per enemy you kill), to feed Gruesome Feast. More globes = you stay at higher damage (i.e. mana efficiency) longer. Even the guy in the vid says he rarely uses poison dart. But also, I use Skorn so it is slower, bigger hitting, so I don't like poison dart. =]
Edited by MrDeAtH#1112 on 1/21/2013 8:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
I submit to you my current spec, as seen in profile.

The DPS may surprise you. In this build, I attempt to maximize the minimum damage so that mobs are reliably 1-shot even on non-crit. (No, I'm not a noob for having no socket on the weap.) It's black damage and high minimum in order to get the most out of 15% additional damage from the belt and boots. Once you build enough base damage to 1-shot everything, attack speed is useful. High INT, high avg dmg on jewelry, don't worry about CC% CD% so much. The build could be improved with a Tal's ammy (more add dmg and high INT) but for now I'll take the extra MF since it helps me get to max.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CTwit-1736/hero/27818165

This is how you do it.
Reply Quote
The DPS may surprise you. In this build, I attempt to maximize the minimum damage so that mobs are reliably 1-shot even on non-crit. (No, I'm not a noob for having no socket on the weap.) It's black damage and high minimum in order to get the most out of 15% additional damage from the belt and boots. Once you build enough base damage to 1-shot everything, attack speed is useful. High INT, high avg dmg on jewelry, don't worry about CC% CD% so much. The build could be improved with a Tal's ammy (more add dmg and high INT) but for now I'll take the extra MF since it helps me get to max.

I really like this idea. I freakin hate CD, and think it is massively overrated in terms of increasing your dps. I am glad to see someone attempting to use direct damage with added percentages. With this much direct damage, though, do you think bears are really the best spell? Most people use bears because of the massive crits, which you do not rely on. I would think DOT spells would be much better in a direct damage spec. Something like locust.
Reply Quote
@EigenVector

Locusts DoT is too slow. I'm doing a fair % of my overall damage with SH/vengeance which is instant. You can't 1-shot elites, so you need bears anyway.

You play a wizard right? Try the same gearing for blizzard/blade with power hungry. Too bad wizard has no 20PUR offhand. I use a high min damage skorn on my wizard instead. Haven't tried it on PTR yet (it's on my TODO list) but I'm sure the blizzard buff will be sweet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]