Diablo® III

16 Years in Sanctuary: Ideas that I haven't seen shared

+1 good post
Reply Quote
+1

I'll make a real reply later.
Reply Quote
Doing my part to keep this high.

Agree with both of your points, although there is a few other issues with the game, that have been beaten to death already, so I won't extrapolate.

And just a rectification, not every item type/tier had a unique in D2, when a drop would've been a unique, but no Unique of that type existed, you ended up with a rare with double the max durability, making you go "WTF this would've been a great item!"
Reply Quote
Up up up up up up up still thumbs up
Reply Quote
The part about the rare being a unique in d3 is not true. If you kill a monster and it drops an item, the game "spins the wheel" and, let's say you get a Crag Hammer (ilvl 62 1h mace). Then it rolls for the quality of magic, so inferior/regular/superior/magic/rare/unique. If you get a rare crag hammer, ok its a rare crag hammer. But if you rolled unique, then you'll see "Mace" in orange/brown, and when you unidentify it you'll see that you have a Echoing Fury.
In D2 and D3 each unique item has its own "normal item" counterpart. In d2 this was obvious due to the name "Hydra Bow" but in d3 it gives you the ilvl, so from there you can figure out the base item type.
Reply Quote
The part about the rare being a unique in d3 is not true. If you kill a monster and it drops an item, the game "spins the wheel" and, let's say you get a Crag Hammer (ilvl 62 1h mace). Then it rolls for the quality of magic, so inferior/regular/superior/magic/rare/unique. If you get a rare crag hammer, ok its a rare crag hammer. But if you rolled unique, then you'll see "Mace" in orange/brown, and when you unidentify it you'll see that you have a Echoing Fury.
In D2 and D3 each unique item has its own "normal item" counterpart. In d2 this was obvious due to the name "Hydra Bow" but in d3 it gives you the ilvl, so from there you can figure out the base item type.

his point about the legend drops was that when it hits the ground you don't know what ilvl it is. if it just says mace it can be anything from 1h to 2h and from i60-63 so you don't what item it is. the excitement part was when you saw the unique drop in d2 you knew what quality it was when it hit and you got excited to see what stats it rolled or if you dropped a rare of the legend type you wanted you were like OH so close. the drop names aren't the same so its all just frustrating. at least thats what he was trying to say.
Reply Quote
+1.
I enjoy D3, but I never played much of D2.
But seeing posts like these makes me really wish I had played D2 in its hayday!
Reply Quote
++ good post
Reply Quote
Long story short, just replace the chief.
Reply Quote
+1 op

I was just talking to a friend of mine last night while playing, about how the random maps could be alot better. In certain quests you always know which direction to head to get to the next zone. Theres nothing random about KNOWING where to go... which basically removed 90% of the map... The only parts of the game with great random maps are cathedral in act 1, the areas looking for kulles body parts, act 3's barracks, and act 4....nothing comes to mind...

If the game had more maps like this throughout, it be much more fun....INCOMING thread for infinite dungeons!
Reply Quote
+100000
Reply Quote
+1 op

I was just talking to a friend of mine last night while playing, about how the random maps could be alot better. In certain quests you always know which direction to head to get to the next zone. Theres nothing random about KNOWING where to go... which basically removed 90% of the map... The only parts of the game with great random maps are cathedral in act 1, the areas looking for kulles body parts, act 3's barracks, and act 4....nothing comes to mind...

If the game had more maps like this throughout, it be much more fun....INCOMING thread for infinite dungeons!

How cool would it be to have a few initial infinite dungeons. Maybe two or three to pick from, each using a pallet from a familiar location, like D2's Forgotten Tower, D1's Catacombs and/or original church, each of course with the original music but with updated graphics. They could periodically add new infinite dungeons with brand new or familiar areas at a rate of how WoW BGs are added (expansions). I'd be down.
Reply Quote
Bump for "Fix it since you broke it"
Reply Quote
+1000000
Reply Quote
These two issues are without a doubt the biggest issues with Diablo 3. Well said OP.
Reply Quote
+1 This was perfectly stated in every way.
Reply Quote
I feel much the same OP. I've never gotten that feeling like something amazing was about to drop. Even when I did find the item I was looking for it always rolled poorly so that fleeting moment of joy quickly crumbled when I realize my mempo is vendor trash.
Reply Quote
+10000
Very well put, OP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]