Diablo® III

16 Years in Sanctuary: Ideas that I haven't seen shared

I agree. The drops seem way more sporadic in D3. At least in D2, there was more rhyme and reason to the drops, here it seems you might get 10 legendaries in the next 10 hours or you'll get zero for two weeks.

I also really liked the normal, exceptional, elite system and wish they had brought it back.

I will say, the item hunt in D3 gets a bit more bearable at 400 MF. Almost every rare is "close" to being good, since they almost always roll with six affixes at that point. And legendary items... well, there's a few more more of them.
Reply Quote
If you have that head set of " i need to run sin heat in act3" your probably not going to see a lot of set items.

I really believe that is why so many people are complaining about drops. They need to do what we did in D2 clear kill areas, not jump from elite to elite.

Seconded. I kill nearly everything and my solo MP5 Act 3 run netted me 5 legendaries and one set item today. While the legendaries were brimstone candidates for the most part, the set item (Blackthorne's Jousting Mail) is now part of a sustain set I'm building to help with higher MP runs. Some runs don't result in legendary or set drops, but when I try the "kill only the elites and champs" I typically don't have much luck.

I've had legendaries drop from goblins running from me, resplendent chests, a regular chest, and a corpse. Leave no stone unturned!
Reply Quote
I'm totally with you guys on what you're saying about clearing everything. I don't elite hop, I still play the same way I did in D2, I pick a corner and start until the whole place has been picked clean. Not finding a single set item, ever, could be random bad luck. I certainly wasn't trying to complain about bad drops so I hope I didn't come off that way.

It was a commentary on the unrelated random strings of items in D3 that turns me off in the item hunting game. Magides knows what I mean and said it pretty well with a few hundred less words.

I loved knowing that every Monarch shield that dropped in D2 had that small chance of being a Stormshield. You can't say the same for any item in D3. Even rares. But lets get serious, while finding a nice rare is a good feeling, it's not the objective. It's those sweet green or gold letters.

I didn't say anything about it in the original post only because I've seen a lot of other people champion the idea and nothing ever happened, but changing "unique" to "legendary" and robbing us of gold letters is some kind of cruel trick. That decision and the lame reasons for it still have me scratching my head.
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 07:26 PMPosted by Kinetic
D3 has a fraction of the items D2 has. The low to mid level game is almost nonexistent as the bulk of D3s items target max level characters. Unfortunately, this target audience has been given no reason to believe they'll be lucky enough to have these items drop because they've found absolutely nothing on their way to level 60.

I couldn't agree more...if you were an obsessive RPGer like myself, you would even try to built sets of armor/weapons from a distinct subtype of weapon or armor.
Reply Quote
Another quality post that's gonna get IGNORED by the game devs coz it's not as planned. I feel you though OP. That's what the game should have been. But Kotick wants the money.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 09:40 PMPosted by Mendacium
D3 has a fraction of the items D2 has. The low to mid level game is almost nonexistent as the bulk of D3s items target max level characters. Unfortunately, this target audience has been given no reason to believe they'll be lucky enough to have these items drop because they've found absolutely nothing on their way to level 60.

I couldn't agree more...if you were an obsessive RPGer like myself, you would even try to built sets of armor/weapons from a distinct subtype of weapon or armor.

Ha, that is so funny you mention this. Before the game released i had an entire page of point by point objectives i WAS going to work on and this being in my top 10 because it WAS so much fun in D2.
(Emphasis on was)
Reply Quote
I should stop reading these. Im starting to wonder if i want to be 16 again or have a dream turn around on d3s infrastructure. Give me a 7+ act (no act 4's) d2 with a more skill viable/diverse builds with d3's combat. I wouldnt need another game.
Reply Quote
When D2 came out they took this idea and expanded it with titles. I admit to being bummed that the avatar border/dot thing had been replaced, but that's kind of the point here. It was replaced, not removed. Instead of my happy little Star-Trek lapel rank we were given titles. And titles were pretty freakin cool too. Who didn't get a swelling sense of pride when you were rewarded with this screen?

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w450/Maltacus/Diablo%20AAR%20Part%2028/8_zps98a00917.jpg

You, Sir, are awesome. You said it exactly as I thought. I looked forward to be called "Sir" or "Partriarch" and so on for every character as soon as I finished a particular difficulty in D2.

Miss it a lot in D3. I mean I don't want to be still plain 'Anwin' after I complete inferno. I want to be knighted for it :-) (you know what I mean).
Reply Quote
This should be renamed to Elite Slayer 3!
Reply Quote
i played d1 and d2 and really cant really much from those games lol.. wirt boy.. cow level from d1... lut goleim.. not sure spelled it right... havent played that online then.. connections then charge per minute used.. lol.. old dogs lol
Reply Quote
you think the lobby system was the soul of diablo only?

it was the soul of battlet.net

warcraft 3 and starcraft had better social tools than what we have now in sc 2.
Reply Quote
Seeing that lobby screen made me realize just how much I miss D2. What an awesome feature. You're exactly right—you don't miss it until it's gone.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 10:08 PMPosted by happynikon
That's what the game should have been
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
+1
Reply Quote
Agreed! +1
Reply Quote
*Rick Astley singing*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]