Diablo® III

How It Went Terribly Wrong, Because They Listened To Us

This post is a good read with a lot of great feedback and I appreciate you putting it together. Thanks! While there are other points in the original post, I wanted to briefly talk about items since it’s the big one.

We know that (for many players) it’s much more rewarding to gear up from items that you find while playing normally than it is to necessarily go through Auction House, and we’re working to make improvements in that area. There are a lot of ways we could attempt to reach that goal, and choosing the best one(s) to go with is not always a fast process. I want to encourage you all to continue to post your thoughts on the subject and I promise we will keep reading and relaying them.

So you say. What's surprising is that you took so long to realize (acknowledge) this.

BTW its "We know that (for all players) it’s much more rewarding to gear up from items that you find while playing normally than it is to necessarily go through Auction House"

Also choosing is easy. Choosing one that satisfies both the players and shareholders on the other hand...
Reply Quote
This post is a good read with a lot of great feedback and I appreciate you putting it together. Thanks! While there are other points in the original post, I wanted to briefly talk about items since it’s the big one.

We know that (for many players) it’s much more rewarding to gear up from items that you find while playing normally than it is to necessarily go through Auction House, and we’re working to make improvements in that area. There are a lot of ways we could attempt to reach that goal, and choosing the best one(s) to go with is not always a fast process. I want to encourage you all to continue to post your thoughts on the subject and I promise we will keep reading and relaying them.

Stop promising and take action.
Reply Quote

How about making the item stats more fun like in Diablo 2 instead of the current dull stats? Or are the item stats intentionally made into bland stat sticks to make it easier to find upgrades on the RMAH?
Reply Quote

Thanks Blue...I'm sure it is obvious from the overwhelming feedback from the player base that farming in this game simply is not rewarding. The complete randomness of the RNG loot system as it is simply provides a trash/vend drop 99.9% of the time. Not to mention, the journey through the game prior to lvl 60 is incredibly sparse on low level legendaries and "fun" or interesting drops that one could build a character around.

Also, another MAJOR issue that should be given attention is the current system for crafting legendary weapons and armor. The current dps levels of lvl 60 crafted legendary weapons are simply not viable to use at that level. You have a weapon like Earthshatter, which would be really cool to build a character around, spawning with 300 dps. The only way a crafted weapon can be viable is if it is lucky enough to roll an extra dmg boost as a random property. The base dmg on these weapons MUST be enhanced to be more in line with normal legendaries of a like level.

It is also another way to get people to craft in this game, which is sorely needed to add depth and variety.
Reply Quote

We know that (for many players) it’s much more rewarding to gear up from items that you find while playing normally than it is to necessarily go through Auction House, and we’re working to make improvements in that area. There are a lot of ways we could attempt to reach that goal, and choosing the best one(s) to go with is not always a fast process.

Well. I'd say model it more like Diablo 2.

It seems a majority of this community (and other Diablo forums) agree the reason the systems don't work well is SIMPLY lack of variety...

ADD things!

gem types, runes, charms, mobs, weapon affixes, quests, Weapon swap, new followers, new passive ablities - whatever.

Don't CHANGE things so much as ADD things.There are some very very easy fixes here. This is not an original game concept, its an arpg successor of the greatest ever... this is a Jackie Chan movie with one fight scene and the writters and directors can't figure out what fans didn't like and keep adding dialoge and story... FACE PALM.

If its marketed for the 14 year olds only and Blizz is pulling a Lucas, just let us know so we can stop hanging on. Prolly X pac is final straw for half this community. Its gonna have to be a huge improvement and include things people are despirate for OR worthy replacements for them.
Edited by Fyle#1652 on 1/22/2013 10:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
The simple answer is, the better or more fun stats on the items, the more it makes previous gear worthless and obsolete - This could discourage the actual money spenders from spending

The more powerful legendaries they put in, again the more it makes previous gear worthless and obsolete - This could again discourage the money spenders from spending

They add in any type of thing that allows people to find better quality items to the point they'd never need to visit either AH at all - Nobody spends money

Bottom line, all roads lead back to the rmah.

Some feedback Grimiku, get rid of both the AH and RMAH, and stop trying to capitalize on profits through the RMAH so D3 has the flexibility to add everything it needs instead of not being able to do anything because it might upset your flow of money coming in.

If D3 MUST have some sort of feature where people can spend real money, make it on cosmetic features, not gold and gear.
Edited by Deadlysynz#1583 on 1/22/2013 10:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 09:56 PMPosted by Grimiku
I want to encourage you all to continue to post your thoughts on the subject and I promise we will keep reading and relaying them.

Is it just me or anyone else also see a conflict there?
Reply Quote

You are starting to rival Lylirra for my favorite CM! You're avatar makes me all fuzzy on the inside.
Reply Quote
at the op thanks for a well constructed post.

there is one thing i do want to address

If you want to take another look at how the game could look, take a look at DarkD3. However, I wouldn't recommend using it just because whether it's bannable or not is unclear (please don't bring up this topic, we're not discussing whether it is here).

I know you say it's not a topic for decussion but the late jay wilson said it would not be ban able using it as it does not actually change the game. It does not. All it does is remove a frame buffer effect from the video stream. Its nothing more then a direct x shader It does not modify the game. It would be the same as Disabling it in your system registry if you could shut off shade effects there.

Jay Wilson
‏@Angryrobotics
@Dedisdead1 TOS against mods is so we can ban cheaters. I agree DarkD3 is not a cheat...yet. As long as it is not a cheat, no ban is likely.

so long as it is not a cheat it was useable so unless its changed i dont think blizzard first would enforce banning it 2 i am not 100 percent sure its even detectable sence its just a dxdll file..

on another note i would love to see them add the features nativly that it does. Some people do not like the overkill on bloom effects they used as it actually detracts from the artwork.
Edited by Sorsha#1578 on 1/22/2013 10:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
Also, PLEASE detach non-melee skill damage from weapon DPS. This would allow characters to make use of the numerous weapons dropped that have dps that isn't viable. 300-700 dps on a lvl 60+ character in inferno and higher MPs simply is not acceptable to use.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 10:27 PMPosted by MisterAjikko
I want to encourage you all to continue to post your thoughts on the subject and I promise we will keep reading and relaying them.

Is it just me or anyone else also see a conflict there?

haha. Implying something, are we?
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 10:33 PMPosted by xxBarabbasxx

HOW IT WENT TERRIBLY WRONG, BECAUSE THEY LISTENED TO US

So how did things go terribly wrong in the first place?

Oh the irony!

The thing is they listened. But they did not actually listen. They thought we just were mis remembering. Now the thing is will they actually listen and try to correct and learn from the mistakes? Or will this just be listen to us and go back to business as usual?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest

One thing I think you guys kinda missed is it's not just frequency of drops, it's how cool they are and how they improve our characters abilities. For example, items like the Three Hundredth spear can be great for Barbs.

Beefing up Legendaries and Set items was great, but in the process it made a lot of rares not so hot. So why not think about giving some rares the cooler suffixes and prefixes that everyone loved from D2. Other classes abilities, or all the other cool stuff. Or any new stuff you can think of.

And with the the exception of stuff like Leorics Signet, or the Puzzle box ring, a lot of 1-59 gear is obsolete. So why not look at giving people who are at level 60 a reason to go and farm Normal through Hell.
Reply Quote
Honestly, I think some item rolls just need to be removed altogether. Life after kill is such a disappointment to see on an item. And I absolutely despise level requirement reduced. You level so fast in this game now, that you don't need high end ilvl 63's on your 48. Thorns can be ok, but it's still not an ideal stat to see.

You might think that taking these out would ruin items, because then every item would be good, but that's not true. There's still a chance the numbers roll low, and new item properties can always be added. There's just too much that has to go right for an item to be good, that having these worthless stats as a possibility is very frustrating.
Reply Quote
@Sorsha

The thing is they listened. But they did not actually listen. They thought we just were mis remembering. Now the thing is will they actually listen and try to correct and learn from the mistakes? Or will this just be listen to us and go back to business as usual?

Everyone has their own ideas/suggestions of how to improve the game... Although most of them are stupid in my opinion... So you cannot expect blizzard to please everyone... So who should they listen to? Honestly I think it should be based off polls but I would bet money that the majority of D3 players do not even visit these forums...

they didn't even listen to feedback when it was offered during beta..

when i mean listen they actually need to listen to all aspects of feedback. More or less there needs to be more transparency. If something does not fit into the core mechanics of the game so be it. There is enough of us that have played d1 d2 and d3 to know what works and what does not work. There has been a year's worth of constructive and not so constructive feedback that things could have changed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]