Diablo® III

How It Went Terribly Wrong, Because They Listened To Us

If you haven't tried POE yet, and I dont hate D3, you should try it. Its got a great passive skill tree, even though I dont get many godly items im constantly finding upgrades and thats even after beating the game and going into end game. Blizzard should ask the indie folks over at Grinding Gear Games fr ome help. MHO. Like I said D3 was good fr about 100 hours, which is a good amount of time, but POE has taken over 500 hours of my time.

I hope D3 goes more this direction.
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 09:53 PMPosted by Aimless
True game is trivial with so many good legs. They also nerfed it for all the babies crying multiple times and about to nerf RD the last hard affix cos of listening to 'us'. Wish they stopped listening game was perfect in 1.0.2 IMHO and rares and even blues still had value. Now we dont even pick em up. Market is destroyed for anything not BiS which is a hand full of legs rolled right.

Agreed with that. The game was much better when it first came out when the end game was challenging even for the best players. Now, because people wanted more loots, better loots, and weaker enemies, inferno is easy even for the new players.
Reply Quote

these IMO are the 2 main reason why the game is in such a state right now
everyone remembers the 1st 2mths of diablo right , such huge playerbase , trading , interest.

???

A lot of the playerbase left during that time. ALL of my friends left after 4 weeks.

The first two months were just people trying the game for the first time, that initial fervour. Then working out that it was rubbish and left.

It wasnt the content that attracted the playerbase and interest.
Reply Quote
Many of them suggested that they increased the drop rate, more drops! But the knowledgeable people that understand the true way to make a game work would know that the people that were disappointed actually meant more better drops...

Call me crazy but I thought that was common sense? Whenever anyone says up the drop rate I already know what they mean is better drops not more trash. If I was to simply say "they need to up the droprate" It's blaringly obvious what I mean is they need to increase the drop rate of quality items. Well it's obvious to those with common sense I guess.
Reply Quote
It's obvious that blizzard targeted the game to a younger audience. The only people complaining are the no life, neck bearded fossils. Oh and for the ones saying that PoE is D3's killer, LOL! I played the game, would've of been great if released....13 years ago! With every patch released the game is getting better, so, whatever haters.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
01/21/2013 11:58 AMPosted by joke
True game is trivial with so many good legs. They also nerfed it for all the babies crying multiple times and about to nerf RD the last hard affix cos of listening to 'us'. Wish they stopped listening game was perfect in 1.0.2 IMHO and rares and even blues still had value. Now we dont even pick em up. Market is destroyed for anything not BiS which is a hand full of legs rolled right.

Agreed with that. The game was much better when it first came out when the end game was challenging even for the best players. Now, because people wanted more loots, better loots, and weaker enemies, inferno is easy even for the new players.

The endgame was crap. Inferno wasn't "challenging". Inferno was, and still is 90% gear, 10% skill.
Reply Quote
When I played dungeons and dragons - everything was rolled - including my first class - there was no internet though - so nobody really communicated with each other - if you liked the game you kept playing - or played a new one. Blizzard is great to host these forums - they let people have there opinions. I am finding a better amount of legendaries in d3 - although I was able to hustle easier in d2 - I found boss items in d2 - but I didn't get a tenth of what I can make now in d3. I am not on rmah - although I might go on in the future. If they nerf the hell out of the barbarian class - I will still play my barb.

If they listened to everything we had to say - the game would be boring and unchallenging - its bad enough that they are fixing reflect damage - which is no big deal. I like that the OP has good game play experience - because some noobs don't and all they do is tear this game and community apart. Cheers Sol
Reply Quote
I see a constant problem with threads saying that there isn't enough "good" loot.

Good loot is relative. Good in that you can farm inferno? Well lots of loot is good enough for that. Good enough to be comparable to BiS? That's a different story. The more loot that drops, the higher the likelihood of good loot, however since BiS rolls are still so extremely unlikely, all that changes is the average ceiling towards good loot. Even though loot is better than ever, there's still that large gap between cheap loot and "good" loot. Even though the gap isn't nearly as high as it once was.

One way to "fix" this problem would be to make good loot much more common, you could do this by making "good" affixes more common, or by making all affixes good, or by making legendaries have a much smaller RNG table, so close to BiS rolls are much more common. i.e - echoing fury always rolling a socket, cdmg/ls and high dps. This way it's just a matter of getting high numbers and would be much more commonly "good".

Yes, this would be narrow the gap between good loot and great loot substantially, but that's the only way I can see it working, and it would have to be a large, fundamental change that would totally mess with the current AH and make a lot of the "haves" very upset as their uber gear would suddenly become much more common.

I like this change but it may not be realisitc since the negatives would be great for Blizzard and the elite and isn't that what keeps us playing in the first place?
Edited by PeeTrain#1896 on 1/21/2013 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Stockholm syndrome.
Reply Quote
This game isn't a lottery, it's a game. You're supposed to have fun all the way to the top, not grind like a slave until you find one good "opportunity".

ill have to 2nd this !!!

Damnit give us the game we want :O

PoE here i come :/

till we meet again in 7 years D3 !
Reply Quote
This is easily the worst online community I've ever been part of. The game is fine, but you guys have some sort of anti-D3 mob mentality and it's "cool" to hate the game and talk !@#$ on the devs.

Played D2 for 9 years and definitely think this is a huge improvement.
Reply Quote
the boss took 5 minutes to kill and it drops just one blue item (18:30).

Took actually like... 1 and a half minutes to kill and it drops a white(?) amulet and a purple item, most likely a rune.

As for PoE, it's a fine game but I don't compare it to D2 has it's "successor". PoE is a game of it's own.
Reply Quote
i agree. should leave game design to professionals.

voting system is dumb. 80% of voters are dumb by default. why should we even care what they think..
Reply Quote
Too is a hard path between hearing to your customers and listening to them. Taking everything they say at face value is usually problamatic because the issues aren't usually expressed properly and it's difficult to understand what is actually mean when they say something, and there is no guarantee you interpret in correctly.

examples, and I'm not saying these are correct solutions, just an example of interperations

For instance Point 1 : Inferno is too hard
Solution 1 : Its too hard make it easier
Solution 2 : The game is too dependant on your weapons DPS, big DPS weapon = easy, excellent rest of gear but low dps weapon = hard.
increase impact of rest of gear while lessening impact of weapon.

Point 2a : Items drops are bad pre inferno
Way 1 : Increase drop rates
Way 2 : Players characters often are a higher level then the gear they find. Item drop levels need tweaking to match progression or be slightly ahead to increase anticipation (2 more levels then I can use that really cool X I found).

Point 2b : Items drops are bad in inferno
Way 1 : Make more items
Way 2 : Players use the AH to short cut the item drop curve and there’s a lack of end game content once the hunt for gear is done. Introduce PvP with different gear requirements and loses has some gear permanently destroyed/put on winners trophy wall to encourage farming. Also ladder mode again to encourage farming. Also random dungeons to make farming less monotonous

This is where PTR can be a great development tool, test modifications without affecting the actual game to understand what the play base enjoys.
Edited by GeneralWaste#2954 on 1/21/2013 2:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]