Diablo® III

How It Went Terribly Wrong, Because They Listened To Us

This is easily the worst online community I've ever been part of. The game is fine, but you guys have some sort of anti-D3 mob mentality and it's "cool" to hate the game and talk !@#$ on the devs.

Played D2 for 9 years and definitely think this is a huge improvement.

Same here, as I played D2 for several years anyway, with a good friend coop MP, and we had to farm for HOURS, to only get semi good stuff , if you were lucky, and that was LOD! ;)

Game perfect, no, but those fixes ARE coming as we all know, so ....Even Dueling for those that seem to need the fix .
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
the people who like the game 89%
the people who bash the game 11%
the people who play the game 100%

Studies show... people who bash the game always ruin it for the rest of us. Duh. If we sat back and let blizzard do their thing... yep this game would still be a challenge.

Nice made up statistics.

That aside from the fact that you left out all the people that bash the game, that don't play it. Let alone that your stats are way off, even for being made up.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior

Your realize Diablo 3 is infamous for the biggest player drop off in the history online games right?

Yep they have the highest rate of quitters. But with 11mill subscribers, even if they lost 2mill.....there's still 9mill players. Blizz is doing fine.

Diablo has 0 subscribers.

And you are making up numbers. Blizzard wont release playing stats, but Xfire showed a huge, huge drop and still shows a constant overall decline.
Reply Quote
Agreed to 99%+.
Request sticky. Please read this Blizz.
Reply Quote
More loot equals better loot. If instead of get one lottery ticket, you get ten every purchase, the odds of wining the lottery is increased significantly. But the payout is also similarly divided by the increased number of winners.

What was a $250 dollar item is now vendor trash. The benchmark on what is good keeps rising regardless if they give more loot or better loot. So no, drops are fine, itemization is the problem.

yeh but when your limited to picking up a wizard helm with strength what rewards are those. As well if you just play a game to find godly rares and legs where is the fun in that. In diablo 2 their were multiple items that had values. Including gray items with 5 or 6 sockets that could be inserted by with runes for a special piece of gear. I would love to see the value of loot pertain to more than just rares and legs. This says it all for everyone that play diablo 3. Of course, the loot system needs to be fixed because who ever decided the idea of a wizard helm rolling strength is illeterate.
Reply Quote
i agree blizzard should read this and propose this to their new developer because we know Jay Wilson was not interested.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Sol
DII never had the player drop, and continued to grow to a point where new games developed and it left a legendary mark in the gaming industry. Now it's back, but it's not following it's old philosophies by proper balance, thus it is no longer has it's hold on the general public, even with the widening of gaming demographics. Yes, they have millions of players, they are doing well, but it could be so much better.

So you are saying that Blizz did the impossible with D2. That everyone that ever played were instantly hooked. That no one ever hated D2. If you really believe that then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. The President of Blizz Mike said himself that Blizz has never released a perfect game. So I will say that even the might D2 had loss some players how much is unknown. But some real D2 vets should be able to tell me whether they had a drop or none at all.

01/21/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Sol
If the gear drop "ratio" (balance) was correct, then the market would thrive as items are constantly being resold as players are discovering new items to replace their old. The curve of the market once again would be less steep allowing more players to take advantage of the AH and climb up to the top, rather than with pure luck; a player that diligently plays with efficiency and good strategy (they are one in the same) should be rewarded with a slow climb to the top, meanwhile this game rewards absolutely random people, people that could play for 1 day and find the best item in the game. Obviously, that could happen to anyone, but the chance of you getting to the top without grinding your brain out is dramatically unrewarding for those that put real true effort into the play.

Wah, wah, wah, I need this game to drop the best gear in the game with the best rolls like rain out of the sky. Where instead of the godly gear costing in the hundreds of millions. It should only cost around 100k gold per piece and that is for perfect rolls. 10k for non perfect rolls. That way players can find their gear and if they want to buy it it is super easy to do. Sorry but that would cause more players to leave faster because they would not have anything to look for. They already have the best gear in the game with perfect rolls.

PvP in the next patch would not help hold players under such conditions.

The best gear in the game with near perfect or perfect rolls has to take a long while to get.
Edited by ShadowAegis#1537 on 1/21/2013 5:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
We have come to help.
We have cited your errors.
We await your response.
Reply Quote
DII never had the player drop, and continued to grow to a point where new games developed and it left a legendary mark in the gaming industry. Now it's back, but it's not following it's old philosophies by proper balance, thus it is no longer has it's hold on the general public, even with the widening of gaming demographics. Yes, they have millions of players, they are doing well, but it could be so much better.

So you are saying that Blizz did the impossible with D2. That everyone that ever played were instantly hooked. That no one ever hated D2. If you really believe that then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. The President of Blizz Mike said himself that Blizz has never released a perfect game. So I will say that even the might D2 had loss some players how much is unknown. But some real D2 vets should be able to tell me whether they had a drop or none at all.

If the gear drop "ratio" (balance) was correct, then the market would thrive as items are constantly being resold as players are discovering new items to replace their old. The curve of the market once again would be less steep allowing more players to take advantage of the AH and climb up to the top, rather than with pure luck; a player that diligently plays with efficiency and good strategy (they are one in the same) should be rewarded with a slow climb to the top, meanwhile this game rewards absolutely random people, people that could play for 1 day and find the best item in the game. Obviously, that could happen to anyone, but the chance of you getting to the top without grinding your brain out is dramatically unrewarding for those that put real true effort into the play.

Wah, wah, wah, I need this game to drop the best gear in the game with the best rolls like rain out of the sky. Where instead of the godly gear costing in the hundreds of millions. It should only cost around 100k gold per piece and that is for perfect rolls. 10k for non perfect rolls. That way players can find their gear and if they want to buy it it is super easy to do. Sorry but that would cause more players to leave faster because they would not have anything to look for. They already have the best gear in the game with perfect rolls.

PvP in the next patch would not help hold players under such conditions.

The best gear in the game with near perfect or perfect rolls has to take a long while to get.

Agreed. Also about D2, D2 did well (in keeping its player base) because there was few competition on the market (in terms of games in general, there was no Dota, there was no WoW, there was not much else).

Most online RPGs nowadays lose their player base relatively fast after it's released.

As for D3 drops and stuff, not sure what you mean (to the topic starter).

Supply and demand. As long as there is no item sink or as long as Blizzard isn't constantly updating and obsoleting old gear, players will farm more supply than there will be demand for it.

To fix D3's item problem, Blizzard has to constantly do something (like introduce ilvl 64, 65, 66 items and slowly obsolete the old ones, add an Inferno X2 difficulty, then keep repeating this until the expansion comes out).

If they don't do something, then players (especially with the rate people farm, which is really fast) will farm up more supply than there is demand for anything.

As for items, the problem is the auction house and everyone basically sharing the same pool of items everyone finds. Technically if you don't use the auction house or trade, you'll consistently find decent gear and upgrades for your character (in that case, the supply and demand will be equalized because you aren't using the supply from the entire player base and instead using the supply from items you find and only items you find yourself).

Again, supply + demand. If they do anything to make it balanced, then in a game where loot keeps getting added to the game, supply will overwhelm demand.

Finally as for posts on the first page that stated that Blizzard can tune the item system so you can keep getting better drops more frequently (like instead of now, you actually pick up rares). The problem again is supply + demand.

Back a few months ago, 1.0.4, you constantly found new usable items and upgrades (most legendaries were worth a lot back then, despite stats). However since several months have past and Blizzard hasn't obsoleted old gear yet with newer better gear, then supply overwhelms demand because everyone has the supply already, and there's not much demand for gear because most of it is old stuff.
Edited by Bread#1353 on 1/21/2013 6:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Screw more loot. Same sh!t over and over, no thanks. Itemization and one track skills is the problem. If skills wasn't so reliant on CC we could build differently. That goes for all classes. Same with itemization. I wouldn't care if I only got 5 rares a run and a legendary a day if they we're decent items. Something I could pick up and have an internal battle whether or not to use it or sell it. Vendor trash needs to be eliminated other then blues, whites, and greys (I understand they are needed for RNG). Hell make vendor trash useful salvage for decent crafting or something (which there is not). I just want to be exited when something yellow or Leg drops. Not pessimistic.
Reply Quote
i would rather play alpha =[
Reply Quote
If skills wasn't so reliant on CC we could build differently.

So just CM then? No one forcing you to use skills that you don't want to use. Just because Wizards can permafreeze doesn't mean you have to use that skill. Wizard has plenty of options besides critical hit based gear and skills and runes that don't involve the words critical hit" far outnumber the ones that do. Its also possible to not be optimal in build and to still have fun.
Edited by november1093#1906 on 1/21/2013 6:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
Monster power,paragon level-> same monsters,same acts,same environment,same content.

I just get the feeling that whenever I log out of diablo3, I end up with the same stuff,experienced nothing new, and Im basically where I started off when I logged in.

IMO, I would like more content, more places to explore, and a more progressive item progression,unlike the current situation where it is jackpot or nothing.But that's just my opinion.

Blizz hyped up d3 pre launch that even a person like me who has never played an arpg was sucked in, but failed to deliver enough content and in time before they started leaving. It was trying to appeal to a different crowd with the wrong formula. I hardly think that the millions of players d3 had originally are all hard core, low content, item grinding-with-little-to-no-reward lovers.And that's where the problem truly lies.
Reply Quote
When the game ceases to be a game, and becomes a job, it's time to move on. I loved d2, but that game is in the past. I loved wow, but when it became less of "gonna go log on and play" and more " i have to get all this stuff done for 6 toons by the end of the week", it was time to try something new.

I'm still hopeful for D3, but with no fun, only the grind in sight, with patches to more shiny, glorious grinds, and still no fun, it makes it tough. Tougher still to ID 75-85 rares in a farming run, knowing I have a snowball's chance of finding an upgrade, or even a decent sell to help a lower toon. The toughest pill to swallow is knowing the same for a legendary drop. Somebody said earlier that leg's need to be more random. Umm, what? When a weapon can roll up to TWICE the dps of another, that's rediculous. If itemization isn't fixed soon, and by fixed, I mean worthless affixes, double stat affixes that no one wants, skill affixes on items that a class cannot/should not use, and massive variation on legendaries, there won't be a community to complain about them.

We will have, reluctantly, moved on.
Edited by Tally#1941 on 1/21/2013 6:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 06:44 PMPosted by Sol
It's an unsustainable system if you cannot understand, it will eventually subtract itself to nothing, you have to provide a system that can keep players continuing to play, not a few of the lucky ones now making all the money.

truth

My excitement level is close to zero when I actually play, and only spikes up momentarily when I see something brown. Then it flatlines.
Edited by ravage#1984 on 1/21/2013 6:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
What the !@#$ happened to this game.
Reply Quote
you are absolutely right. i just saw this video right now and i wanna play this diablo.
Reply Quote
kids are kids, they have endless complaint and blizz always listen to them, and keep reduce difficulty just because of them.

Now we are just play for lottery, no difficulty at all, it is not fun and very very bored.

Around 10 people from my group in company play diablo3 at May, but now just left me only, and i was also bored of a lot of trash legendary, will be leave soon.
Edited by KOHero#6560 on 1/21/2013 7:30 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]