Diablo® III

How It Went Terribly Wrong, Because They Listened To Us

01/21/2013 06:19 PMPosted by november1093
If skills wasn't so reliant on CC we could build differently.

So just CM then? No one forcing you to use skills that you don't want to use. Just because Wizards can permafreeze doesn't mean you have to use that skill. Wizard has plenty of options besides critical hit based gear and skills and runes that don't involve the words critical hit" far outnumber the ones that do. Its also possible to not be optimal in build and to still have fun.

CM is an absolute necessity for wizards. Archon form for paragoning (Unless if you want to be inefficient as hell then go ahead and try it without it.) and CM/WW for high mp levels, uber runs, and key runs. And if you run with a group, you have to permastun or somewhere close to be useful to that group. I just would like different options with out devs nerfing my sh!t all to hell. But that's besides the point. CC is required to cause decent dps (Coupled with CHD). You try and run this game on stat and skill buff dps alone you are going to get nowhere. The point is to be optimal, the point is to be better. So you can have comfortable yet challenging gameplay and also to have more options toward what you can do in game such as services, co-op, and PvP play. Right now that is all based on one thing. Items. In order to have good items in this game you must either farm an ungodly amount of time which not everyone has time for and has proven to be next to worthless because of sh!t itemization, buy items and/or gold with real cash on the RMAH which defeats the purpose of the game, flip items on the RMAH and GAH which also defeats the purpose of the game and dilutes the main idea of the loot hunt, or you can be a cheater and bot or dupe which ruins the game not only for you but everyone else. I choose to be legit and play the game straight laced, so I get disappointed after hours and hours of farming and only turning out a small pittance. I still have fun and I still like to play but I'd like to get what I play for. If you still have fun doing what you do, more power to ya, I'm actually happy for you. But once you've played as much as I have it starts to wear on ya.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/21/2013 06:07 PMPosted by Bread
Agreed. Also about D2, D2 did well (in keeping its player base) because there was few competition on the market (in terms of games in general, there was no Dota, there was no WoW, there was not much else).

With that agreed are you saying that Blizz accomplished the impossible and pleased everyone that ever picked up the game. That is impossible for any game company to do. I have no doubt that there were many players of D2 that tried it and did not like and left. It was not the perfect game. Like I said Mike of Blizz said that Blizz has never released a perfect game, and no doubt never will.
Reply Quote
Why can we not have that kind of monster density in this full version game?
Reply Quote
View profile
01/21/2013 07:31 PMPosted by GwaveWobber

So just CM then? No one forcing you to use skills that you don't want to use. Just because Wizards can permafreeze doesn't mean you have to use that skill. Wizard has plenty of options besides critical hit based gear and skills and runes that don't involve the words critical hit" far outnumber the ones that do. Its also possible to not be optimal in build and to still have fun.

CM is an absolute necessity for wizards. Archon form for paragoning (Unless if you want to be inefficient as hell then go ahead and try it without it.) and CM/WW for high mp levels, uber runs, and key runs. And if you run with a group, you have to permastun or somewhere close to be useful to that group. I just would like different options with out devs nerfing my sh!t all to hell. But that's besides the point. CC is required to cause decent dps (Coupled with CHD). You try and run this game on stat and skill buff dps alone you are going to get nowhere. The point is to be optimal, the point is to be better. So you can have comfortable yet challenging gameplay and also to have more options toward what you can do in game such as services, co-op, and PvP play. Right now that is all based on one thing. Items. In order to have good items in this game you must either farm an ungodly amount of time which not everyone has time for and has proven to be next to worthless because of sh!t itemization, buy items and/or gold with real cash on the RMAH which defeats the purpose of the game, flip items on the RMAH and GAH which also defeats the purpose of the game and dilutes the main idea of the loot hunt, or you can be a cheater and bot or dupe which ruins the game not only for you but everyone else. I choose to be legit and play the game straight laced, so I get disappointed after hours and hours of farming and only turning out a small pittance. I still have fun and I still like to play but I'd like to get what I play for. If you still have fun doing what you do, more power to ya, I'm actually happy for you. But once you've played as much as I have it starts to wear on ya.

I think what he is trying to say, although he did not word it properly. That you do not have to use a CM build in order to have fun. He is right because I cleared inferno with my Wizard with the current build that you see. You will not see CM or Archon in it.
Reply Quote
BLOOD! MORE BLOOOODDD!!! We want the game to look and feel older, not this new plastic looking junk from walmart. It's all about au-then-ti-ci-ty. People like antiques for a reason. This game is no different.... More blood. More voice acting. More unique mechanics per character. More old school feel. More blood. Please. We beg you. And make the game HARDER. And DARKER. And BIGGER.
Reply Quote
I really hate to say it, but I can't see this game being something I still play without a complete and massive overhaul.

Too many skills/runes are horrible, everything about item drops (and the stats that roll on gear) is awful, there is no real end game content besides "grind some more and make a BoA piece of crap while you aim for paragon 100", the only viable act is Act 3 (sure you can do other acts, but it's your loss), the PvP delay hurt like hell, socketing is a joke that seems like a bad idea from the 16-bit days......

I could go on and on, and many other people have, but really, I see this as one of the biggest blunders in gaming history, right up there with ET. Sure, it has pretty graphics and some sort of playability, but got damn somebody dropped the ball here big time.

I can't see this game being made better by adding a handful of items to craft, and a few bandaids here and there. When PoE launches in a day, Diablo 3 is going to lose like 1/2 of the remaining people who are loyal simply because Blizzard released WoW
Reply Quote

I think what he is trying to say, although he did not word it properly. That you do not have to use a CM build in order to have fun. He is right because I cleared inferno with my Wizard with the current build that you see. You will not see CM or Archon in it.

Oh I understand. This game isn't just about clearing inferno though. Hell I cleared inferno with no CM use at all. Just hydra, blizzard, and piercing orb works fine. But in order to get any build to be useful at all it takes gear, good gear. My point was to find said good gear in game without having to fish the AH for hours trying to find something you can afford, or hope for a lucky drop that only comes when the planets align just at the right moment to shift the RNG in your favor lol. I don't need to find 100 rares and hour and a few Legs here and there and them all be worthless. I'd rather have 10 rares all together and maybe 1 legendary and be worth the hunt. They don't have to be the best gear in the world but something to be exited about though. Ya know?
Reply Quote
The video,ho god i remember when saw that.I was like: OMG I WANT THAT GAME SO MUCH!!,now im like:ok keep farming for 99.9% trash ill get that mempo with crit then sell it to RMAH for 150$ dollars

D3 failure,personally im just thinking they've done bad choices for their game but i still hope in a better d3.If anyone remembers,d2 was not that good until 2 years after it came out
Reply Quote
For some reason the RNG in D3 is so cool!
Ive been playing mindlessly 40 Hours and never sold an item in AH worth of 1M!!!

Well look at that, my time wasted and nothing specials on the loots. Well said Original Poster.

For this I decided the lay low, I'm not playing this game unlike before. Now Like I spend 1 to 2 Hours per week. Before I used to spend 21 Hours a week. Like 3 Hours per day playing D3.

Nowadays I spend 15 minutes only to check and try farming 1 key, then spend the rest playing Dota 2 and HON.
Reply Quote
its funny... i took a long break like 2-3 months and played my first game back last night.

I got my VERY FIRST legendary item with almost 300 hours played... wtf is that!!!

i was all over joyous because it was Inferno act 4 (maybe something good). but when i identified it it ended up being a 600 dmg fist weapon. i went to the auction house and looked up the item. you know what i saw? the exact same items with double the dmg. even though the affixes and prefixes were relatively the same.

and thats the NUMBER 1 THING THAT PISSES ME OFF!!!
why do i wanna risk playing another god forsaken 300 hrs to find a legendary item (or any item for that matter) thats not even worth it. At least in D2 if you found a unique item it was worth it. you knew that certain items you found would ALWAYS have a beneficial stat. (such as pali shield, or a druid's pelt, they would give stats based on the class.) now you can find a item in d3 that gives random stats for classes that would never use it!!! or just complete crap. Any legendary item found in act 4 inferno should be viable. especially after soooooo much grinding.

fix the drops. and there is a such thing as "too much random"!!!
why dont you look at the structure of the items of the past to help you make something great for D3 bliz devs. doesnt have to be the same BUT anything better than this current "lotto system"
Reply Quote

Livestreamers, a prime example of a scam running outside of the AH. They reap off the newbies that view their channel, successful Livestreamers run a scamming pyramid scheme to take their viewers gold in-game and essentially real life by asking for donations. But donations are donated and therefore can't be considered malicious, but when you trick players to benefit them, like doing fake giveaways of items that are of no worth, just cause they are Legendary, then buying unidentified Legendaries cheap from the group of inexperienced viewers who think they are establishing a personal relationship with the streamer when they are just being ripped off.

One instance of a well-known streamer buying UNID'd Echoing Furies for like 13M or something, turns around and IDs like 6 out of 20 of them being worth 100-300M. You may say, well these people sold them to make a quick cash, but they are being robbed out of their idea that they can slowly progress up the ladder if they sell it for less gold than it could be, than if they just found a completely useless Legendary if they ID'd it. Which they would actually be able to do if the loot was balanced, items semi-worthy would be at a reasonable price.

So, the newbs sell off their elitehood, making the one that's already elite even more elite. He spent like 260m for 20 EFs 13M ea, and made over 500M profit. By having this flaw in the system where players are being confused just by the mere fact that Legendaries are not even Legendary, players common make mistakes of selling off UNID, when in a working system they should never have to.

I found your post quite good until this section, though the last 10 words are true.

You seem to focus majorly on the couple people who lost the lottery in the unid game. The thing you don't seem to mention is the vastly larger group of people who profited from this streamer buying their legendaries. Like the 3 or 4 people that sold him Mempos and made about 30M more than they would have identifying them. Or how about the people that sold him the IK chests and also made a good chunk more than they would have otherwise?

Said streamer is also very transparent about buying Unids. He mentions multiple times a day that yes, the item you sell him may be worth way more than he pays for it unid, but there is a far greater chance that it won't be. He also frequently states that he is not asking you to sell him your legendaries, but that if you want to take the risk and get a guaranteed amount, then he'll buy them from you.

The best part of this "scam" is that he barely even breaks even most weeks. And even if he deos profit marginally, it all just goes back into the community in the form of giveaways and prizes for contests, and even just buying more unid's for the next week(over 90% of which end up being given away at the end of his Unid session)

So please, if you still feel this is a scam, stop on by his channel.
I'm sure he, and all of his fans would love to convince you otherwise
Edited by Bainblade#1686 on 1/21/2013 10:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
The nature of AH has a huge negative impact due to the fact items never go away. If D3 constantly had thousands of new players joining daily this wouldn't be as huge as of a problem. New players with less gold would buy up what is considered now to be worthless. But, this is not what is happening and as characters age their gear becomes harder to impossible to upgrade with no new players using less perfectly rolled items. I remember D2 driving me nuts because my character would get deleted if I didn't play it for 3 months...losing everything. I think that fact helped keep rare items rare...although I'm not sure if it out balanced the immense amount of hacking. Anyway as long as items live forever more perfectly rolled items ultimately become more common making everything else worthless. As more time passes more gold comes into existence. The end result will be a difference of 5 int/stg/vit roll making a difference of billions and billions of gold. Basically the op pyramid theory will be the final damnation.
Reply Quote
they didnt listen to the beta testers, and they sure as hell didn't listen to me.

i guess i do agree that they might have listened to a couple of you neck beards and that really messed the game up.
Reply Quote
oh jesus, i almost forgot about this video ... seeing it again reminds me of the good feeling i had back then ... what happend to those smooth animations and the feeling of wearing "real" armor ... not some sort of "T-shirt skin", laid over the Avatar ...
Reply Quote
Agree. There should be less drops, but if something does drop it should be meaningful for the player. Right now we are getting thousands of rares, legendaries and we vendor it all.
Maybe they will learn in the expansion how to make good itemization.
Reply Quote
Good read. While you didn't mention crafting, the way D2 did it was so much better. Blood and Hit Power amulets, 3 socket swords etc. There was some minimum results you could expect from each recipe. There was a good chance it would be useful, very small chance it would be awesome. Like drops, these D3 crafting recipes are pure random and cost a decent amount of cash. Very little incentive to try.
Reply Quote
@ Sol
I truly have to say that your post caputred the true nature of our beloved Diablo ... a few weeks ago I restarted playing DIII after a 6 months break, and I´ve been thinking of many things you mentioned above and I turned out to feel a bit restless about this topic ...
luckily, someone (you) took his time to summarize such essential things ... (I can´t think of any "real" Diablo-fan rejecting the essence of this thread)

right now I´m thinking of the "lost" experience which goes hand in hand with the current state of this game (recalling DI, DII) ... even if, against expectations, Blizzard remembers which "truth" made diablo a succesful franchise ...

PS: I hate the Drop "System" ... i don´t like the way how normal and magical items are ... meaning, worthless ... far too many "rare" drops (sounds literally like a joke) ... and unique/legendary items which are, for the most part, unsatisfying.

@ Blizzard
If you are capable of changing/adjusting the above mentioned aspects of the game ... plz do so, otherwise I believe diablo stays as dead as Leah is now ...
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
A bunch of pretentious nonsense ( I assume since I don't read novel length posts ).
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage

D3 failure,personally im just thinking they've done bad choices for their game but i still hope in a better d3.If anyone remembers,d2 was not that good until 2 years after it came out

Yes, Lord Of Destruction is the real D2.

But even in that game you still get junk loot...like I kill Andariel and I get 4 health pots and some simple blues/yellow.

And D2/LOD followed the WoW model where a yellow was just a blue with better stats. The good loot in D2 was the greys (Socket items) and uniques.

It would be nice if people would go back and playthrough the game one time, to get a realistic view of the loot drops without any 3rd party mods installed.

D2's biggest fault was the brick wall bosses. Like, if you get to the end boss of Act II and you don't have frost resistance, you are dead, he's impossible to kill without it. AND that's on NORMAL mode. D2 is a lot of kiting, pressing health pot buttons, and porting back to buy more - you simply cannot go toe-to-toe or you die in a hurry. You needed to exploit to win. The game was unbalanced progression wise.

Compare that to Diablo III, where progression was highly tuned until you got to Act II Inferno and you hit the gear brick wall.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]