Diablo® III

What is the ideal eHP in PVP?

As aimless pointed out, wiz's can't beat monks and barbs at their own game, so having too much eHP is going to be useless, but against other high dps classes/builds It would be ridiculous to be one-shotted. Wiz's can't take on suprise attacks but when we are prepared with mirror images, fractures, bubbles, temp flux, we can really pwn monks and barbs no matter how much dps we have.

With shield depending on how much dps I want, I have about 1-1.1m eHP.
with source, I have just under 800k eHP, but with 30% more dps
Reply Quote
Agreed. What I understood from Aimless' point is that we shouldn't be trying to go toe-to-toe against monks. No point outpunching them.

We still need to stack EHP no matter what, though. 1 million EHP seems a good number.
It'll take 10 hits for a 100k dps opponent to kill you.
Reply Quote
We still need to stack EHP no matter what, though. 1 million EHP seems a good number.

That assumes your opponent is using a 100% weapon damage skill, and does not account for high crit damage.

With 1 million EHP, a 200k DPS opponent could 1-shot you with a crit.
Reply Quote
No all res / armor can save you before barbs crit.

True story.
Reply Quote
When they make the change so that cooldowns are reset upon death, I'd just use anomaly and full DPS weatherman. Let them get past the storm, find the right clone, kill me to trigger anomaly, get past storm again, find the right clone again, then kill me.
Edited by necropuddi#1442 on 1/21/2013 5:15 AM PST
Reply Quote

That assumes your opponent is using a 100% weapon damage skill, and does not account for high crit damage.

true, because of that 1million eHP, 150k comes from block, another 120 may come from dodge. The rest is just 730k, which can easily be one-shot... but we have 2 lives right =)
Reply Quote
730k ehp from pure mitigation and hp is gona require a crit from some very high dps and high % damage spell to one shot it.

was checking out and you would need to crit with like 300k dps and be using a %300 spell to one shot some one with 93% damage reduce and 50k hp.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 1/22/2013 9:44 AM PST
Reply Quote

Untrue. I have over 1 million EHP and I could go toe-to-toe with a 450K unbuffed DPS DH with 600K unbuffed EHP.

I can tank a couple of high DPS monks' worth of Wave of Light before dying. Unstable Anomaly just adds to the survival. I have to take a lot of damage in order to die, and usually I die to multiple characters on me at one time, not as often 1v1.
Reply Quote
^ do you have ur pvp build somewhere i can peek at it? wanna see ur ehp n dps ratio.

1m ehp with good dps is just amazing
Reply Quote
^ do you have ur pvp build somewhere i can peek at it? wanna see ur ehp n dps ratio.

1m ehp with good dps is just amazing

I was trying to make a video yesterday using only Seeker Missile as main offense, but that recording failed because I realized I was recording in 1080p and the videos were laggy as hell.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#agXQkT!dUh!ccaZZb

Depending on whom I'm against, I may swap Thunderstorm rune for Scramble instead.

Went head-to-head against a 180K unbuffed DPS, 1.5M unbuffed EHP Windforce DH, along with a 120K unbuffed DPS, 900K unbuffed EHP Skorn monk. Did fairly well, all I know is that I've killed them more times than they've killed me.

I originally made heavy use of the build after I play-tested it against TigerBlood, who I believe is the #2 DPS DH in North America. Worked very well, I think we died to each other an equal number of times.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 1/22/2013 1:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
i meant the gear part of the build... want to see what dps u have with that 1m ehp and how you got that absurd ehp.

the skillset i use is pretty similar, i switch hydra for ds though. and slow time can be wof or mw depending on the mu.
Reply Quote
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/jaetch-1861/Aesthia/4136297
Reply Quote
same gear as in archon then, just change the skillset. thx for link good to have the unbuffed values and stats to check out.
Reply Quote
k so its basically a bit less metigation than me but a ton more life.

here is my take for when they fix the elite mod.

http://d3up.com/b/28583#skills (i like this site coz it gimes alot of data... shame on the combined ehp though but you can activate the buff too)

Want to get a massive vit chants with more dps and can also slot in a 6-30 mm soj instead of wailing host.... i also want to try my 1250 dps cd + os black wand with trium... more dps oriented less ehp. still waiting to be able to copy it though.

thoughts?
Edited by ximae#1789 on 1/22/2013 2:33 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]