Diablo® III

Vote Kick PK . . .

. . . Fail!

I was in an ACT 3 game with REMOVED, REMOVED and a player with 2 oriental symbols with the REMOVED. I was fighting in the midst of a mob and suddenly the dreaded warning pops up that I've been removed from the game and to find safety. I popped SW and ran then tried to teleport to town. Didn't work. I was a fair distance from the mob, but then found myself right back in their midst (they weren't vortex). The 10 second countdown timer then began as I watched my life dwindle down. I believe my SV triggered and then I was kicked to menu, but alive! I returned to the game, and they tried to play dumb, "what happened, you nearly died," until REMOVED fessed up. Pets and SV saved me. I hope Blizz fixes this exploit soon. Be careful folks. Public games are dangerous.

Edit: had to space out the 2nd name as it came up as gibbersish due to Blizz's filters.
Edited by Grimiku on 2/4/2013 6:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
Man, people are jerks. Glad they didn't get you.

I don't understand the appeal of pking someone.
Reply Quote
Glad you're alive, would've sucked to die to some scum bags.. But at least we know who they were now.. If they see this post, my middle finger to them.

Blizzard definitely needs to fix this or change something so this can't happen.
Reply Quote
I sent that Ganon guy a lil msg lol.... Unfortunately I had to send a friend request to do it but if he accepts ill delete him..

Seriously though things like that are not cool nor should they be tolerated
Reply Quote
Never play public without backup and if you have backup, why not just play private?

I'd never join public until this is fixed.
Reply Quote
ah... more names to add to my pker list...

thanks for the heads up
Reply Quote
Can someone tell me how this Pk thing work so that I can avoid it?
Im new to HC and I don't wanna lose my character because of some jerks.
Thx!
Reply Quote
Thx!

the only way to effectively avoid getting pk'ed is to not play pub games. Only run with trusted friends or go solo.
Reply Quote
Man..that sucks. Would have been nice getting to know new ppl and playing with them.
Guess I'll just go solo for now until blizz fixes the issue.
Reply Quote
Man, people are jerks. Glad they didn't get you.

I don't understand the appeal of pking someone.

Pking in D2 and vanilla wow were some of the most fun and memorable moments in gaming for me. Mostly pking people that tried to pk me.
Reply Quote
Thx!

the only way to effectively avoid getting pk'ed is to not play pub games. Only run with trusted friends or go solo.
Reply Quote
The worst part about it is the way people PK now gives a person no chance to defend himself. Vote kick is horrible...a cowards method. At least setting a trap in whimsyshire required someone to blindly banner in.....leaving some blame on the trapped.

PK'ing is dumb....just download the PTR and battle people if you wish....
Reply Quote
So is the stasis lock still in place where you are not allowed to move or use abilities during the 10 second timer?

I know it was mentioned that it wasn't going to be removed until 1.0.7 but the part of the OP that says he was able to try to "find cover" it sounded like he was able to move during the process. Or does it always give you a few seconds to find cover before locking you down for the 10 second timer?
Reply Quote
So is the stasis lock still in place where you are not allowed to move or use abilities during the 10 second timer?

I know it was mentioned that it wasn't going to be removed until 1.0.7 but the part of the OP that says he was able to try to "find cover" it sounded like he was able to move during the process. Or does it always give you a few seconds to find cover before locking you down for the 10 second timer?

You get a few seconds before the 10 seconds of immobility but it's generally not enough time to get out. The 10 seconds of immobility has not been changed and in the patch 1.07 notes there was no mention of it either. Let's hope Blizzard actually keeps to their word and follows through but until then better not play pubs. You might think you know who all the PKers are from reading the forums but new ones can start at anytime like this crew- looks like riffraff from SC are creating HC characters with the sole intention of PKing now.
Edited by Thominator#6377 on 1/22/2013 6:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
Due to this vote kick PK, I stopped playing public game for the past month. But did try to look up games from time to time. There are barely any public games now. Maybe 1 or 2 out of all 4 acts. This is killing HC for sure.

When this game first released, being in HC was all about looking out for each other. I have received free startup gears from strangers and have risked my own life to save others quite a few times. Nowadays, its all about PKing fellow players.
Edited by ricerocket#1255 on 1/22/2013 6:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
they should just remove the vote kick system from hardcore. if you don't like the people playing in your game just leave. Having an exploitable system involved in a game where you only have a single life is absurd to begin with. Mute works enough if people are annoying. if they camp in town just making the game harder take your 2 good friends and party up for a private game. the vote-kick is dumb.
Reply Quote
I finally have decent enough gear to theoretically carry myself in a multiplayer game and would love to try public games, meet a few folks, you know, find a community. Alas. it's crap like this that keeps me from bothering.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]