Diablo® III

place DPS on the back burner for a moment

Ive read many threads about DPS on zombie bear builds but havent read anything about how to increase your survivalability. right now I cant afford the witching hour or a tals ammy but while im looking.... what kind of stats are best for an in your face zombie bear WD? I have plenty of dps and as usual im a glass cannon. if i stop spamming bears and life stops flowing in im a dead min. even with spirit walk. check my gear out. im looking to maintain my current DPS or grow it. but more important id like to not be a 3-5 Hit KO now that my DPS is so high. what stats can i adjust and what not.

p.s. and when i say i have plenty of dps (78k+ buffed. critting over 570k) i know im not even over 100k dps. but im only soloing Mp5 right now. and doing ok. id like to move up to Mp6 or 7(but 7 is a stretch with my budget)
Edited by Avitos#1665 on 1/21/2013 8:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hard to make suggestions without seeing your profile. I a nice combination of 40-50k life 500-600 resist 4-5k armor is a good place to be once you pass MP 5.
Reply Quote
hmmm not sure why you cant view my profile.
Reply Quote
Because you are playing starcraft ..... need to paste in the direct link to your profile so we can check it no matter what game you are playing ...
Reply Quote
Yeah hard to help without seeing your profile. And even harder when you can't even see mine. Dunno how to fix it, I have my real WD in the EU region. :|

But I've been focusing on mana regen and defence while trying to get as high dps as I can without sacrificing too much. Tbh my health is too low at the moment if I want to play above 5-6 successfully, but I'm about to fix that.

I have around 1050 allres, 130k dps unbuffed and around 4000 armor. Around 45% cc and 350% cd. 101 mana/sec with 880 maxmana. I got 2.90% LS and 850 LoH. My health is about 31k although I put 17% in my helmet if I do ubers. (going to get it to over 40k when I log in next time)

I use spirit walk w/ honored guest, soul harvest w/ soul to waste, poison darts w/ splinters (old habits..) BigBadVoodoo w/ slam dance and BEARS! Passive are subject to change slightly but I always use Spirital attunement and Spirit Vessel. The third is usually Gruesome Feast.

Now, with this I can tank where some barbs can't, and with max buff I deal around 850k crits.

I take advantage of the Zuni 4 set (mojo, boots, chest and ring). Mojo because I prefer the Visage of Gyuia over the Zuni Vision helmet. (because of high allres and my playstyle benefits more from manaregen than maxmana).

My main weapon is a Manajuma, without a socket sadly. Plan on getting one with socket when I turn rich. It's decent with 1006 dps, 190 int and 95% cd, 850 loh and 2.9% ls.

The only added Attack Speed is from my witching hour belt, one with 70 allres. (gave up vit for allres:/)

Shoulders is a pair of Vile Ward with 275 int, nothing special beyond that.
Bracers is a pair of rare ones and not lacuni, for two good reasons; I don't want more AS and getting allres would sacrifice the crit. (also lowish other stats)
The ones I have has 5cc, 75allres, 150 int and 150 vit.

Pants are Depth Diggers because of high armor and high int + sockets while still being cheapish. My ammy doesn't have CC sadly, but it's quite good with 300+ vit, 250 int and 94% CD.

Rings are one Zuni Pox with 5.5cc and when equipped a generic 6cc, 30+cd and high int ring on the other hand.

Got less mana used with bears on my Zuni mojo, 9.5cc, 6 damage against elites, 14 mana regen and around 95-395 damage. Don't remember the rest. :P

The Zuni chest I bought because of high armor (760) and it had 12k health globe bonus (rly needed it at the time). Otherwise quite crappy with 137 int, low vit. It's getting replaced by a Zuni with 250+ vit and 200+ int though.

Well dunno what else to say and don't have anymore time to type at the moment. Reply if you have thoughts on this.
Reply Quote
View profile
Are you running with a slow 2 hander or a 1hd+mojo? Bear builds work with both, but it depends on your style of play. I opt for the 1 hand + mojo because it gives me a higher mobility needed in upper MP levels for the various affixes thrown your way.

Getting 3700+ armour, 50k+ hp, and 650 unbuffed AR is a good place to be.

Also, 24% movement speed is very much needed for increasing farming speed as well as increased mobility for upper MP. Most do this by either Zuni boots/lacuni prowlers/blackthorne's pants. I find it cheaper and more efficient for pure bear builds to go with zuni boots/innas pants/strongarm bracers. Either option is good though... I calculated innas/strongarm gets you more dps but sacrifices a little hp and LoH (not really used with pure bears since the proc rate is terrible).

If you use Acid Cloud / RoT, etc... then I would probably opt for lacuni/blackthorne combo.
Reply Quote
ALL Resists and Armor and Vitality.

Push yourself to minimum 700 All Res, 3800 armor, and minimum 40k life. Look for pieces to get 70+ all resist and also keep an eye out for +Armor. You can get +Armor items fairly cheap, but be cognizant of what you are giving up to get it.
Reply Quote
I like to run 700 res, 4k armor, 60k hp, 800-1k LoH and at least 2.5 leach. I swap around gear a lot, but for my main gear I run about 120k dps although I am a little low on hp with only 57k. For mp5 and lower I run gruesome and soul harvest and then even when I use gear where my res is only 500-600, it usually averages 700-800. Acid Cloud is a huge part for me in staying alive. With WDs only getting up to 3% leach, Reflect or tougher packs are easier to stay alive when I toss in the occasional splash for LoH while I bear them down.

For you it also sounds like you need to find a balance of bears/mana. 4 piece zuni helps a lot with that, but sometimes opting for a slower weapon can really help. Whenever I run mp5+ I also use blood ritual and that makes a huge difference with mana.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 11:06 PMPosted by Jimbob
Because you are playing starcraft ..... need to paste in the direct link to your profile so we can check it no matter what game you are playing ...

so im still not sure why you cant but ill post the link to my profile here. i really need the advice. learning what gear for what build is alot to know lol.

heres the link http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Avitos-1665/hero/26132570
Edited by Avitos#1665 on 1/22/2013 1:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah hard to help without seeing your profile. And even harder when you can't even see mine. Dunno how to fix it, I have my real WD in the EU region. :|

But I've been focusing on mana regen and defence while trying to get as high dps as I can without sacrificing too much. Tbh my health is too low at the moment if I want to play above 5-6 successfully, but I'm about to fix that.

I have around 1050 allres, 130k dps unbuffed and around 4000 armor. Around 45% cc and 350% cd. 101 mana/sec with 880 maxmana. I got 2.90% LS and 850 LoH. My health is about 31k although I put 17% in my helmet if I do ubers. (going to get it to over 40k when I log in next time)

I use spirit walk w/ honored guest, soul harvest w/ soul to waste, poison darts w/ splinters (old habits..) BigBadVoodoo w/ slam dance and BEARS! Passive are subject to change slightly but I always use Spirital attunement and Spirit Vessel. The third is usually Gruesome Feast.

Now, with this I can tank where some barbs can't, and with max buff I deal around 850k crits.

I take advantage of the Zuni 4 set (mojo, boots, chest and ring). Mojo because I prefer the Visage of Gyuia over the Zuni Vision helmet. (because of high allres and my playstyle benefits more from manaregen than maxmana).

My main weapon is a Manajuma, without a socket sadly. Plan on getting one with socket when I turn rich. It's decent with 1006 dps, 190 int and 95% cd, 850 loh and 2.9% ls.

The only added Attack Speed is from my witching hour belt, one with 70 allres. (gave up vit for allres:/)

Shoulders is a pair of Vile Ward with 275 int, nothing special beyond that.
Bracers is a pair of rare ones and not lacuni, for two good reasons; I don't want more AS and getting allres would sacrifice the crit. (also lowish other stats)
The ones I have has 5cc, 75allres, 150 int and 150 vit.

Pants are Depth Diggers because of high armor and high int + sockets while still being cheapish. My ammy doesn't have CC sadly, but it's quite good with 300+ vit, 250 int and 94% CD.

Rings are one Zuni Pox with 5.5cc and when equipped a generic 6cc, 30+cd and high int ring on the other hand.

Got less mana used with bears on my Zuni mojo, 9.5cc, 6 damage against elites, 14 mana regen and around 95-395 damage. Don't remember the rest. :P

The Zuni chest I bought because of high armor (760) and it had 12k health globe bonus (rly needed it at the time). Otherwise quite crappy with 137 int, low vit. It's getting replaced by a Zuni with 250+ vit and 200+ int though.

Well dunno what else to say and don't have anymore time to type at the moment. Reply if you have thoughts on this.

I just posted the link to my gear but I already have a few questions. Your currently using manajuma and I was until yesterday. just got my hands on a low end skorn and my dps went up alot but i lost about 17k Hp from not using my manajuma set. Luckily its got 5.00% life steal so i can tank ok until i try to reposition or run out of mana and dont spirit walk in time. with manajuma set i had enough Hp to cover for a small mistake like not backing out of the fight in time.I think the dps gain from witching hour is too much to sacrifice for defence. correct me if im wrong. and even with using skorn my mana regen still seems to be ok with my zuni set bonus. so what other pieces of my gear could I update now that you can see my stuff
Edited by Avitos#1665 on 1/22/2013 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
Like other have said minimum stats for high mp are around :

650-AR
3000 armor
40k life

Life steal is a must and with a bear build i also find using acid cloud with acid rain extremely beneficial for healing even with ~400 loh.

My current stats are :

700 AR
3200 armor
53k life with gem
170k unbuffed dps

Pretty easy to farm keys on mp7-8 with these stats with jungle fort and vesssel on. Though i have been dropping jungle fort for blood ritual recently with good results.

Skills: hex, jaunt,acid rain, bears, widowmakers, soul harvest(damage one as it heals you)
Passives: vision quest, vessel, fort/blood ritual

Hex is amazing on key wardens so i use it over slamdance. Voodoo Slamdance is better for straight farming, ubers and group farming high mps though.

Ideally i would like to get 1 more piece with all res(~770), 1-2 with armor(4000) and shoot for that 60k life mark.

Sheet dps will suffer greatly though as I am switching to a 0 CD dog build.
Reply Quote
Like other have said minimum stats for high mp are around :

650-AR
3000 armor
40k life

Life steal is a must and with a bear build i also find using acid cloud with acid rain extremely beneficial for healing even with ~400 loh.

My current stats are :

700 AR
3200 armor
53k life with gem
170k unbuffed dps

Pretty easy to farm keys on mp7-8 with these stats with jungle fort and vesssel on. Though i have been dropping jungle fort for blood ritual recently with good results.

Skills: hex, jaunt,acid rain, bears, widowmakers, soul harvest(damage one as it heals you)
Passives: vision quest, vessel, fort/blood ritual

Hex is amazing on key wardens so i use it over slamdance. Voodoo Slamdance is better for straight farming, ubers and group farming high mps though.

Ideally i would like to get 1 more piece with all res(~770), 1-2 with armor(4000) and shoot for that 60k life mark.

Sheet dps will suffer greatly though as I am switching to a 0 CD dog build.

with that being said my first question is this... you dont use zombie dogs or garg? with my gear would i still be safe if alot of mobs are on me because they dont attack my pets instead? im asking because I just got high dps and high life steal weapon and havent gotten to use it much or try different skills. if i can saftly go to a no gargantuan build and add a mana regen skill in its slot that would be cool. but i dont think im strong enough to not atleast have the zombie dogs to act as a barrier sometimes
Reply Quote
I think the problem here is actually your dps. You don't do enough damage to kill stuff fast enough, or life steal enough. You might want to consider swapping around your passives. jungle fortitude buffs both you and your pet, I think it's better than zombie handler. also swap SA to blood ritual since they do the same thing but BR gives you health regen.
Reply Quote
yea... dps too low for effective lifesteal.
At ur dps, use LoH
Reply Quote
ok understood. should i just save for a witching hour first before anything else then since i belive thats a large increase to dps if im not mistaken.

and also should i remove my gargantuan skill and replace it with something else? if so suggestions? ive considered getting rid of dogs and garg for mass number of fetish army that will still give me a decent barrier so i can control what mobs have access to me and also free up a slot for some kind of life regen or dps skill
Edited by Avitos#1665 on 1/22/2013 2:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
witching hour would probably be good. I'd also look into replacing that awful amulet. fetish army isn't for taking hits, dogs are the best tanks. also keep in mind that you shouldn't be going up to higher MP just because you can. it's often better stay at MP5 or below. Even though I normally farm with 200k dps I generally hang out around mp3-4
Edited by Jars#1772 on 1/22/2013 3:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Jars
witching hour would probably be good. I'd also look into replacing that awful amulet. fetish army isn't for taking hits, dogs are the best tanks. also keep in mind that you shouldn't be going up to higher MP just because you can. it's often better stay at MP5 or below. Even though I normally farm with 200k dps I generally hang out around mp3-4

is my amulet really the weakest item i have equipped for a zombie build? its cc and cd vit and int and armor and strength(for better defense which i hear is good stats for improving survivalability) and i cant afford a tal ammy with both cc and cd so is there a better alternativy?. remember.... ill be happy if i can just solo mp6-7 efficiently. i thought getting the skorn would help alot more but i have to play more carefully now but i do drop tough mobs alot faster now
Edited by Avitos#1665 on 1/22/2013 3:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
with only 4% crit yes
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]