Diablo® III

Barb's PVP Compendium against other Classes

http://www.twitch.tv/acrimony1561/b/360008463

Good example of a skilled Demon Hunter. One of the very few with the legacy Nats who has skills to back it up. He got me quite a few times in the above video. The first few times, I just didn't have the EHP to hold him off waiting for him to make a mistake. By the end, I was expending fury instead of being patient; more than a handful of times I had him right in my wheelhouse and didn't have the fury to rend him down.

I would have to count, but he beat me handily.
Reply Quote
Still, the crit rends were able to win!
Reply Quote
acrimony have you tried 5 pc ik for pvp?
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 06:01 PMPosted by FriendlyFade
acrimony have you tried 5 pc ik for pvp?

Yea, awhile ago. But for throw. Now you got me considering it again; being fury starved is a killer. I'll post some screenshots of my gear in a bit for everyone to take a look at. I may have to up the DPS a little more too.
Reply Quote
any one got tips dealing w/ WD pop out then kill you thru hex/pig/chicken + haunt/spirit barrage? if i can kill them with WT before they pop out then good but if not im 90% dead
Edited by elkarera#6933 on 1/23/2013 6:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think ChuckNorris hasn't been defeated by Barb, so should try devising strategies to kill him, but I think it is a wasted effort lol.
Reply Quote
how I deal with wd is I sprint around and pretend to be coming in and when they spiritwalk I run away asap but staying around waiting for them to come out. Stay away from the shaman totem thing they have if you bump into it your cc. As long as you can get them down to low hp and force them to use spiritwalk and you escape come back immediately and kamikaze finish the job. Need alot of regen for when your running around because you do not want to burn and shields during running save them for only if you slip up and get caught in cc
Reply Quote
View profile
it simply means that WOTB has a 120 sec cooldown. So barbs can pop WOTB, get a kill on PvP, then go to town until the cooldown is over.

But it would drive me nuts to go 15secs of fighting, then 105 secs in town

It could also mean that if you are in an actual party... instead of going to town and waiting... they leave the game then come back with refreshed CD's.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/23/2013 06:31 PMPosted by Iria
I think ChuckNorris hasn't been defeated by Barb, so should try devising strategies to kill him, but I think it is a wasted effort lol.

Looks like acrimony recorded their fight. It's a lot of running around in circles... but interesting to watch.

http://www.twitch.tv/acrimony1561/b/359975380
Reply Quote
Wah.... saw a DH 2 marquis gem in her Manicore...
610kdps.... =.=lll
Reply Quote
That witch doctor didn't use zombie dogs.
I won this type of WD much easier, go DPS DW and stun lock will most probably win.
Do the stun lock when you are in have IP cooldown incase he lands a crit Haunt.
All you need to do is pray that mr voodoo don't come.

The type of WD i had no chance is those with use zombie and gargantuan.
You can't even do a proper throw on them, dogs will come to block you in no time.
Dogd dun come, Gargantuan come, Gargantuan don't come, mr voodoo 7/11 come.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 1/24/2013 6:18 AM PST
Reply Quote

@sniperwong
Strong WD is way harder than any DH imo. They disregard rend, they have summons to block my WT, they have dogs to absorb 10% of all incoming damage, some even have really good ehp. They can heal 26khp with one dog explosion. And btw, they hit way harder than DH. If you happen to meet a good one.

I easily tank 300kdps+ DH with IP+relentless giving me a 7secs to net a kill. Leap or run off if i failed. Against WD, if i rush in, most certainly i get hex and killed on spot by haunt+bearrush.

Tried WT (coz of the hype), all kinda stunning skills, SnB but nothing works for me as well as a Skorn. I forgot, but yes, you are right, a WD with bears rush is damn hard to face head on.

I dunno why, but DHs and WDs are the most players I have faced on PTR. Perhaps many Barbs have given up after the first week of hardcore %!@%%!%!!# by every other class. LOL..

I have decently geared WD & Wiz too, but I refused to play them till I'm satisfied my Barb can hang on his own terms and not get slaughtered left right center.

After getting killed 1000000000000 times, and testing multiple skills and gears, the most effective build for me is using:

Max Mitigation with passive Relentless, Juggernaut, Inspiring Presence + skills Threatening Shout, Warcry Invigorate, Overpower Crushing Advance and Ignore Pain CFW.

Rend as the only attack. I have done many 1 Rend kill but it seems this can only be achieved with my 1370 dps Skorn with max dmg of 1650. It you want to use Skorn, make sure it has a min base CD of 180%. Stack as high CC as you can from gears (ammy, rings etc) because you will dropping Ruthless and Weapon Master.

Instead of attacking right away, I tank the initial storm by rotating the skills above + potion, & kiting when needed since I have high regen. But you need min 60-65k HP to achieve this. TIMING is everything, something that cannot be explained but best experienced. Comes from having many "battle scars". Lol..

For those who said it's stupid to tank at the beginning, well it's not by choice. DHs and WDs will sneak up on you and unload LFB/impale/hex/haunt/SB anyway. That's their natural game. Playing aggro too early will lead you right into their "unloading".

Proper timing of Groundstomp during your half sec awake/breakout from charm or hex will turn the tide of battle once you get your Rend in. Provided it crits and it's a high min-max weapon.

It's just me but I don't like to YOLO or kite or sprint because that is so "Unbarbly". Lol..

I replaced Leap and Sprint with OP CA because it's working so far vs WDs and DHs. You don't need 2 stunning skills & 2 atk skills when 1-2 Rend will do the trick. Tank the first wave (first 2 secs) when you HP is at max with OP CA, Shout, potion and then whatever remaining with IP. So you have a total 2 + 7 secs = 9 secs of tanking before it's payback time, if you survive that's it. Hehe..

I have overcome Monk serenity with this method. I start to count the moment the fight starts. If you managed to pop IP after 2 secs, you have outlasted the Monk and it's Rending time.

Few times I even managed to win (with 10-20% health remaining) despite those Monks without spirit continuing to stun me for 3-4 more secs. I regained half a sec, 1 Rend, and whoosh, down he goes. But you gotta be smart. If you see this is > 60k HP Monk, then kiting for regen is needed. This is where timing of the Ground Stomp will give you that crucial decider.

Hope it helps. Don't give up, Barbs FTW!
Reply Quote
Have you guys considered using HoTA/Thunderstrike on the dogs?
And what about Ancient Spear/Grappling Hooks for the dogs? Or Rage flip for the WD?
Edited by Ravlaor#1393 on 1/24/2013 7:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
Darn shame a barb has to run around to avoid dying when we are barbarian and the whole concept of barb is built around FURY and rage and being a big hulking figure with crushing blows. The stupid WD should be running to avoid melee range :(
Reply Quote
Hey, acrimony, I have an idea against WD. I think this may be kind of cheap but should work lol. You need two sets of equipment, one a balanced DPS/tank like you already have, and the other a full tank like I have. The idea is to be cheap: use WotB with DPS/tank and when WotB runs out and is on cooldown, switch to full tank and kite/camp for 1:45 until WotB is available again. I know it is cheap but maybe that's the only way against WD? lol
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 09:16 AMPosted by Iria
Hey, acrimony, I have an idea against WD. I think this may be kind of cheap but should work lol. You need two sets of equipment, one a balanced DPS/tank like you already have, and the other a full tank like I have. The idea is to be cheap: use WotB with DPS/tank and when WotB runs out and is on cooldown, switch to full tank and kite/camp for 1:45 until WotB is available again. I know it is cheap but maybe that's the only way against WD? lol

It's an interesting thought, but I don't think I have the patience for that lol... my next fight with ChuckNorris will be a lot more conservative. I am a naturally aggressive player in PVE; so it stands to reason it is something I need to squeeze out of my system for PVP.
Reply Quote
Trying to catch up on my reading in this thread. Also need to get onto the PTR. Is it down for anyone else?
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 10:55 AMPosted by acrimony
Trying to catch up on my reading in this thread. Also need to get onto the PTR. Is it down for anyone else?

Yep it's down man. Was trying to login to try my new 1470 Skorn with 200 Vit. Lol..

You can import all your new PvP gears now. Btw, I'm kinda like you too, very aggro in approach but after biting the dust countless times decided to use a more "strategic" and "timing" approach. Except for GG gears WD or DH with high Vit, I stand a decent chance now to git em!
Reply Quote
View profile
01/24/2013 10:55 AMPosted by acrimony

ERROR 3006...can't switch heros or something like that
Reply Quote
PTR is working fine, and saw you guys talking about this chucknorris character.

fwiw, i'm pretty sure I can beat him 80-90% of the time.

can't recall what the score was, but he got me the first time we dueled but gave up afterwards.

was a good WD nonetheless.

Also the idea of rending vs a WD is just flawed, and I realized this when I finally countered the dog WD I faced on PTR from asia who had the best WD strat ive seen.

There are two key factors vs a WD you need to take advantage of and those are

1.) Hex denies the ability for us to ever get in melee range with a WD without cc immunity (wotb).

2.) WD's main damage skill vs us which is the haunt dot gives us instant full fury.

Seismic Slam is 100% the way to go vs a WD, if they are low ehp and high regen than you go for the burst rune, if they are low regen but high ehp, you go for stagger or knockback rune.

I was one shotting WDs with seismic slam crits.

All you gotta do is stay out of melee range and slam away whenever the WD dots you and gives you free fury.

Of course the obvious counter is for the WD to carefully use his skills or go exploding dogs or some sort of physical attack but we'll see what counters they come up with in the next few days.

so vs a WD that I can't rend through, the spec I would go is with seismic slam in place of rend.
Edited by MannerCookie#1362 on 1/24/2013 1:32 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]