Diablo® III

Barb's PVP Compendium against other Classes

PTR is working fine, and saw you guys talking about this chucknorris character.

fwiw, i'm pretty sure I can beat him 80-90% of the time.

can't recall what the score was, but he got me the first time we dueled but gave up afterwards.

was a good WD nonetheless.

Mind sharing your way to beat top WDs. Thanks man.
Reply Quote
PTR is working fine, and saw you guys talking about this chucknorris character.

fwiw, i'm pretty sure I can beat him 80-90% of the time.

can't recall what the score was, but he got me the first time we dueled but gave up afterwards.

was a good WD nonetheless.

Mind sharing your way to beat top WDs. Thanks man.

Check my vids on twitch, I haven't tested seismic vs non-dog WDs yet but I will when I get a chance.

pretty sure it will work just fine vs them as well, since I think the dogs build is the best WD build possible imo.

http://www.twitch.tv/mannercookie/videos
Edited by MannerCookie#1362 on 1/24/2013 1:36 PM PST
Reply Quote

@sniperwong
Strong WD is way harder than any DH imo. They disregard rend, they have summons to block my WT, they have dogs to absorb 10% of all incoming damage, some even have really good ehp. They can heal 26khp with one dog explosion. And btw, they hit way harder than DH. If you happen to meet a good one.

I easily tank 300kdps+ DH with IP+relentless giving me a 7secs to net a kill. Leap or run off if i failed. Against WD, if i rush in, most certainly i get hex and killed on spot by haunt+bearrush.

Tried WT (coz of the hype), all kinda stunning skills, SnB but nothing works for me as well as a Skorn. I forgot, but yes, you are right, a WD with bears rush is damn hard to face head on.

I dunno why, but DHs and WDs are the most players I have faced on PTR. Perhaps many Barbs have given up after the first week of hardcore %!@%%!%!!# by every other class. LOL..

I have decently geared WD & Wiz too, but I refused to play them till I'm satisfied my Barb can hang on his own terms and not get slaughtered left right center.

After getting killed 1000000000000 times, and testing multiple skills and gears, the most effective build for me is using:

Max Mitigation with passive Relentless, Juggernaut, Inspiring Presence + skills Threatening Shout, Warcry Invigorate, Overpower Crushing Advance and Ignore Pain CFW.

Rend as the only attack. I have done many 1 Rend kill but it seems this can only be achieved with my 1370 dps Skorn with max dmg of 1650. It you want to use Skorn, make sure it has a min base CD of 180%. Stack as high CC as you can from gears (ammy, rings etc) because you will dropping Ruthless and Weapon Master.

Instead of attacking right away, I tank the initial storm by rotating the skills above + potion, & kiting when needed since I have high regen. But you need min 60-65k HP to achieve this. TIMING is everything, something that cannot be explained but best experienced. Comes from having many "battle scars". Lol..

For those who said it's stupid to tank at the beginning, well it's not by choice. DHs and WDs will sneak up on you and unload LFB/impale/hex/haunt/SB anyway. That's their natural game. Playing aggro too early will lead you right into their "unloading".

Proper timing of Groundstomp during your half sec awake/breakout from charm or hex will turn the tide of battle once you get your Rend in. Provided it crits and it's a high min-max weapon.

It's just me but I don't like to YOLO or kite or sprint because that is so "Unbarbly". Lol..

I replaced Leap and Sprint with OP CA because it's working so far vs WDs and DHs. You don't need 2 stunning skills & 2 atk skills when 1-2 Rend will do the trick. Tank the first wave (first 2 secs) when you HP is at max with OP CA, Shout, potion and then whatever remaining with IP. So you have a total 2 + 7 secs = 9 secs of tanking before it's payback time, if you survive that's it. Hehe..

I have overcome Monk serenity with this method. I start to count the moment the fight starts. If you managed to pop IP after 2 secs, you have outlasted the Monk and it's Rending time.

Few times I even managed to win (with 10-20% health remaining) despite those Monks without spirit continuing to stun me for 3-4 more secs. I regained half a sec, 1 Rend, and whoosh, down he goes. But you gotta be smart. If you see this is > 60k HP Monk, then kiting for regen is needed. This is where timing of the Ground Stomp will give you that crucial decider.

Hope it helps. Don't give up, Barbs FTW!

I agree going all out offensive without shield vs WD. IP will still save you. Killing them fast is the key. A long match will only put us at disadvantage. I didn't try Skorn. But IT might works, coz skorn rend really hits hard.
Reply Quote
if my barbie still losing, all i have to do is Call of "my" Ancient..........
and if my Ancient don't stand a chance...... dunno.... call my great Ancient.... maybe
Edited by reizo#1186 on 1/24/2013 7:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
Okay, so I tried some new variations tonight against Witch Doctors. If it goes as well as I think it will against a top level WD, I will stream it for everyone.

It involves patience, cunning, and WOTB :)

We know that our melee attacks don't work with WDs and DHs. We need a CIE canceling skill. WOTB does that and more.

I'll explain in a bit.

I'm going to stream this: www.twitch.tv/acrimony1561
Reply Quote
*sheepish grin* Not ready yet. I'll be up in a few.
Reply Quote
Okay, so I tried some new variations tonight against Witch Doctors. If it goes as well as I think it will against a top level WD, I will stream it for everyone.

We know that our melee attacks don't work with WDs and DHs. We need a CIE canceling skill. WOTB does that and more.

I'll explain in a bit.

Sounds great man. WOTB is one skill I could never get to work efficiently in PvP. And the cooldown is too long for 4 man battlefest. Look forward to your sharing.

All the best in your matchup with the WD. The brotherhood are stomping our Axes and Maces on the ground rooting for you!
Reply Quote
acrimony i ususally use a rend build for pvp. But if 1 vs 1 a wd i will use a slam build coz they cant dodge much. Wt Plus slam. try it. I can beat quite alot of WD using that build. Kite throw and slam. u Have enuff fury with superistion. I am a barb with 800 Ar. 4.2 k life regen, 110k HP regen and 115k dps with a SOJ, 16 % to melee, 5 % to range and 14 % to elite barbarian.when i vs WD same like u alot of problem. I changed it to a wt and slam build. Works really well. THis is the build i USED. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#feiUkR!!.YZbca. When u leap is normally sucide. Change leap to rage and up ur damage by 30 %. Slam and wt is all range. Knockback and stun is the way to go for wd. Is my two cents.
Edited by Raygorn#6762 on 1/24/2013 8:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

I'll explain in a bit.

Sounds great man. WOTB is one skill I could never get to work efficiently in PvP. And the cooldown is too long for 4 man battlefest. Look forward to your sharing.

All the best in your matchup with the WD. The brotherhood are stomping our Axes and Maces on the ground rooting for you!

It's a bit of an issue because *some* Witch Doctors complain about Barbarians cheating with WoTB, while they spam Hex. No one said life was fair though :P

I just won't refresh my skills when my fifteen seconds are up. I will run around the map and force the guy to come and get me before I pop WoTB.

I tried Arreat's Wail a few times to great effect; I actually tricked the guy by allowing myself to be turned into a pig. He came a couple of yards away to throw his dogs and haunts at me. I waited and just as my HP started zipping, I popped Ignore Pain and WoTB. It threw him back for a massive crit. He had to spirit walk and I finished the job with a rend crit. But it's split down the middle for kills to deaths now; he got me the last few times before he had to go.

WoTB is forcing me to be aggressive when it is active; but a fight should (and probably won't ever) never be less than two minutes long; it's a constant see-saw battle between the Witch Doctor and Barbarian to get the upper hand.

I will run in and snipe a rend crit to get his HP down to half. Then run away with a sliver of HP left and regen quickly.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 08:19 PMPosted by Raygorn
acrimony i ususally use a rend build for pvp. But if 1 vs 1 a wd i will use a slam build coz they cant dodge much. Wt Plus slam. try it. I can beat quite alot of WD using that build. Kite throw and slam. u Have enuff fury with superistion. I am a barb with 800 Ar. 4.2 k life regen, 110k HP regen and 115k dps with a SOJ, 16 % to melee, 5 % to range and 14 % to elite barbarian.when i vs WD same like u alot of problem. I changed it to a wt and slam build. Works really well. THis is the build i USED. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#feiUkR!!.YZbca. When u leap is normally sucide. Change leap to rage and up ur damage by 30 %. Slam and wt is all range. Knockback and stun is the way to go for wd. Is my two cents.

I was just talking to a Barb about that. I had some issues with it because I was struggling a bit with the alternating move and aim rotation using Seismic Slam. My fury globe is almost always full too; can you stream it? I would like to see it.
Reply Quote
I was just talking to a Barb about that. I had some issues with it because I was struggling a bit with the alternating move and aim rotation using Seismic Slam. My fury globe is almost always full too; can you stream it? I would like to see it.

I dont stream Online. u have to get use to it just when u started pvp like with rend build. rend for average wd is always favourable. But for high end wd is always ending up ur flag in ur screen. with this build u have to keep kiting hit them with wt stun them and slam them. if u are lucky enuff u can one shot a 70k HP WD.( coz of ur rage with 30 %) With rend build i dont even stand a chance with WD with 100k + HP. But this build i still are able to win them. U can try it.
Edited by Raygorn#6762 on 1/24/2013 8:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
after pvpin'g extensively my conclusion is

when in doubt, just berserker.

if they complain, tell them to stop hexing and you'll stop berserking LOL

and i also tested that sesmic vs a good WD, it's really hard to hit vs a gd player.
Reply Quote
For those interested, I'm streaming myself against two WDs: www.twitch.tv/acrimony1561
Reply Quote
OK, report after many rounds vs an awesome WD with a perfect 1243 EF + 1146 sacred shield with 8.5% CC, 151 Intl & 224 Vit.

Superstition is better than Juggernaut vs WD Haunt. The dmg mitigating and fury return is working great. Thanks Acrimony of the idea.

Like Manner above said, when it doubt, just Berserk. Now have to figure out which is the best WOTB to use. Currently sticking to Insanity since I'm only able to get 1-2 Rend in. After closing the distance, health is down to 30%.

This Chinese WD has freaking 1814 Vit besides his GG gears.

Current score: 20:80% in favor of the WD. Least I got him 3 times.
Reply Quote
stack up to 200k+ hp and have a regen of 5k from inspiring presence and you'll be godmode
while having sufficient all res and dps of course
Edited by ikigai#6463 on 1/25/2013 1:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
OK, report after many rounds vs an awesome WD with a perfect 1243 EF + 1146 sacred shield with 8.5% CC, 151 Intl & 224 Vit.

Superstition is better than Juggernaut vs WD Haunt. The dmg mitigating and fury return is working great. Thanks Acrimony of the idea.

Like Manner above said, when it doubt, just Berserk. Now have to figure out which is the best WOTB to use. Currently sticking to Insanity since I'm only able to get 1-2 Rend in. After closing the distance, health is down to 30%.

Try the chili-cheese strategy? WotB - Insanity (chili part) with balanced gear, and then switch to a full tank setup like mine and kite for 1:45 (cheese part) until WotB is up again!
Reply Quote
Hehe... If you do that, the WD will be very angry certainly... Haha.
Reply Quote

Try the chili-cheese strategy? WotB - Insanity (chili part) with balanced gear, and then switch to a full tank setup like mine and kite for 1:45 (cheese part) until WotB is up again!

rofl that is just amazing. i wann do that just to troll people
Reply Quote
There is no getting around getting turned into a chicken or a pig but I have tried throw Ricochet with Rend and run tactics and it works well against mid tier WDs. Seems like sweet spot is 100k min. dps and 100k min. HP with good damage mitigation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]