Diablo® III

Barb's PVP Compendium against other Classes

Any of u leet barbs have any strategies (skills/gear) for dealing with 2H monks with infinite spirit regen that use the stupid bell drop skill?!
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:20 AMPosted by Tony
Any of u leet barbs have any strategies (skills/gear) for dealing with 2H monks with infinite spirit regen that use the stupid bell drop skill?!

Tgods and warcry with dodge, rend with lacerate. Lots of HP and 100k dps min. Rend and run really pisses them off too lol.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:25 AMPosted by MeeChaiYang

Tgods and warcry with dodge, rend with lacerate. Lots of HP and 100k dps min. Rend and run really pisses them off too lol.

I run with 47% dodge and at full buff 90% damage mitigation. (dodging dem bells)

Then I rend leap away/run. Annoys the crap outta most monks.
Reply Quote
bells are easily avoidable, they go in a straight line, don't run back when a monk bells you cuz the second flash that shoots out will stlil hit u for a decent chunk.

you gotta move side to side with a monk, when u see a monk bell, move left or right not backwards, and not forward obv cuz u wil get knockback and take full damage.

bells are spirit intensive too, if you see a monk miss 2-3 bells, it's time to get aggressive on him.
Reply Quote
Gonna start adding stuff to the OP in a bit. If anyone has something to offer, post it ASAP.

With some good data now, I think we can start adding content to the Witch Doctor section.

Start around the 19 minute mark here. I spent some time last night honing the skills you see on my skill bar. The key bindings took some time to get used to lol

http://www.twitch.tv/acrimony1561/b/360443374
Edited by acrimony#1561 on 1/25/2013 11:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
Alright, I am going to combine SniperWong, RayGorn, MannerCookie, and my own stuff to the Witch Doctor section.

For my own notes, I feel that these key-bindings are a must-have, but I know it depends on conditions against good Witch Doctors depend on their methods. If they avoid haunting you, Superstition isn't as effective for fury generation, but it is still a great way to mitigate damage.

Anyway, let's start with the basics: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#cPkXUi!cUe!acYYaZ

1) Practice this build before testing it against a good witch doctor. The biggest change is in the removal of an automatic melee attack generally found in your right-click. To activate Rend, you will need to hold down Shift + Right Click. It took me most of the night to turn my concept into muscle memory, so there will be a learning curve.
  • Due to our inability to hit for damage, there's no reason we should have Bash, Frenzy, or Cleave in our key bindings. By practicing this set-up, it opens up room for WoTB (rune of which I am still trying to test) and allows for us to counter their hexes and fear procs.
  • 2) I have two ways to mitigate their attacks; Sprint's Rush and War Cry's Veteran's Warning. One could conceivably put in Striding Giant for WoTB, but I feel that the skill is best used for massive damage through Rend's critical hits.

3) Immortal King's Irons, Triumph, and Stormshield are absolutely essential. The reason why is that they all have melee damage reduction. From my understanding and testing, melee damage reduction actually mitigates the damage you get from their pets. By how much, I'm not sure yet. But my survivability improved as I got used to the key bindings and the gear. For the record, you will be expected to have a third Immortal King's piece to gain the three-set bonus.

4) Superstition allows you to take some damage to accrue our class resources. By doing so, it allows you more time to properly use your skills and 'conserve' for an opening when your opponent is vulnerable. When you're haunted or being hit with spirit barrage, the fury generation is so quick, I can't burn enough fury to get rid of it.

5) Rend resource cost reduction. Get it. Now. On your Immortal King's Tribal Bindings and Stone of Jordan. Get it. Get it. Get it. The prices are going to sky rocket for them. By reducing the fury cost to 10, you have more room to spam Rend until you get a critical hit.

6) Rend and Run. It's unfortunate, but it is the only way to counter Witch Doctors. You cannot tank and fight. If you can, I haven't seen anyone do it. Sprint allows you time to regenerate your health and to accelerate fury resources if you're being haunted or hit with Spirit Barrage.

7) Leap has three (potentially four) utilities:

• It allows us to escape from ugly situations;
  • Call of Arreat draws your opponent in for a Rend hit;
  • Can hide Sprint's tell-tale direction you are kiting to.
  • It also does some damage as well when you hit them. Near the end of the video below, my finishing move was a Leap crit in WoTB.
  • 8) Some ability to predict your opponent's movement as well as some trickery and manipulation of the battle will be key to winning. It won't be easy, but knowing your opponent's combos and general location/movement will allow you to take advantage of a Rend and Run.

9) WoTB is there for countering hexes and to finish them. Use it sparingly and judiciously. You will see from my videos I popped it too early a few times. The skill is where I used to have Rend.

http://www.twitch.tv/acrimony1561/b/360443374 (the game play gets better as the video goes along; skip to 19 minutes if you want to see the potential for this).
    Edited by acrimony#1561 on 1/25/2013 1:06 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    View profile
    Good vid, acrimony.

After watching the above (i.e., http://www.twitch.tv/acrimony1561/b/360443374), it seems the effort to fight WD's isn't worth it

i hate WD's...i think they suck
    Reply Quote
    Good vid, acrimony.

After watching the above (i.e., http://www.twitch.tv/acrimony1561/b/360443374), it seems the effort to fight WD's isn't worth it

i hate WD's...i think they suck

It's fun in a sense that it's challenging and requires some thought and intelligence to find openings and advantageous situations to rend. I try to avoid kiting if I can; I don't like the risks of being chased down into death -- I'd rather keep the pressure on the Witch Doctors. That's another great reason to have WoTB; it scares the crap out of everyone.
    Reply Quote
    http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/lone-1162/Daenerys/1951584

I'm absolutely wrecking this guy with my new build. 5-0 for me so far.

Edit: I will get some people to jump in later to confirm.
    Edited by acrimony#1561 on 1/25/2013 4:35 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    Okay, someone apparently recorded the entire fight. 9-3 or 9-4 for me. He had to 'respec'. My last death was a bit stupid when I narrowed the window on the side, so I got graphic locked momentarily. Oh well.

Hopefully a video will be up soon.
    Reply Quote
    Manner is currently beating down on this guy lol... 2-0 so far. Wait, it's 3-0 and you would NOT believe what this idiot said: http://i.imgur.com/Z3FudlP.jpg
    Reply Quote
    I'm here as a witness. Both Acrimony and Manner owned that WD over...and over again. Good work guys.
    Edited by Kanteo#1731 on 1/25/2013 5:37 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    01/25/2013 05:47 PMPosted by Garthandal
    When you're haunted or being hit with spirit barrage, the fury generation is so quick, I can't burn enough fury to get rid of it.

I wonder if there is any potential for WOTB/TOC to lengthen uptime, something to consider in a future team battle?

There is, but unless I have some way of burning it immediately, there's no point. It's Striding Giant or Insanity for me.
    Reply Quote
    01/25/2013 05:51 PMPosted by Garthandal
    There is, but unless I have some way of burning it immediately, there's no point. It's Striding Giant or Insanity for me.

At the distance I am thinking SS spamming would burn it and dps the target as well.

Yup, I think Manner is testing that now. I tried it for Raygorn earlier, but I kept aiming Seismic Slam in the wrong direction. I can't get comfortable with it yet.
    Reply Quote
    01/25/2013 05:52 PMPosted by acrimony

At the distance I am thinking SS spamming would burn it and dps the target as well.

Yup, I think Manner is testing that now. I tried it for Raygorn earlier, but I kept aiming Seismic Slam in the wrong direction. I can't get comfortable with it yet.

tested it, failed again.

did go 9-0 in normal spec though.
    Reply Quote
    base on my experience
    DH > WP stun if long range, sprint + Rend
    WD > Hota + Rend 1-2 shot before they pop out. Hex > IP or WOTB + rend + Hota
    Monk > Rend + Sprint out > monk life 30-50% > pop out serenity > wait 3-4 sec > sprint in Rend + WP. i cant toe to toe w/ monk in full HP
    Reply Quote
    Random question: Should you killed elites while trying to level paragon after your 5 stacks of valor at mp0 ? Is it time vs exp efficient if you cannot 1 hit them to waste time to kill 1 elite rather than clearing another 10% of the map and running along?
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]