Diablo® III

POE servers vs D3 servers on release

01/23/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Neoshinji
That is all good I guess... but still doesnt change the fact that I can not even download the game... let alone play it.

What exactly can't you download? The client itself or the patch?
Reply Quote
Everybody and their Mom playing PoE right now.
Of course its overloaded, no server can handle that load.

Its basicly like a huge DDoS attack, and they already said that pre launch.
Reply Quote
My download just jumped to 2.60 mb/s :DD Gonna be done in no time. They're adding capacity.
Reply Quote
Now that you posted this every one going to PoE and now servers are being loaded!
Reply Quote
Done! Cya later peeps!! If anyone wants to play together, add me. I'm Varyag on gateway America.
Reply Quote
Hur dur
Reply Quote
It doesn't take a genius to figure out D3 had way more people trying to log in. I'm not trying to defend Blizzards huge failure on launch but just saying to be fair.
Reply Quote
All I know is PoE is downloading at a blazing 30kb/s atm. Couldn't use the ol' peer to peer system to lessen the server load?

Maybe I'll play it this weekend if I haven't forgotten about it.
Reply Quote
I was in d3 beta, servers were fine, so at least wait till the real release of POE, because so far its even
Reply Quote
Poe= no problem at all....

D3= had problems for a week...

5kbs-20kbs download rates for anyone not playing the game, and 1 person every 10 min complaining on kripps stream about dieing on HC...but no problems....
Reply Quote
Why those morons want to share with the comunity what they are playing?move on and shut up.
Reply Quote
inb4 thread deletion
Reply Quote

"Our patching servers and website are both under extreme load. We are working on adding capacity. Thanks for your patience."

hahaha

I have nothing bad to say about PoE but that is funny.

thats strange because im playing the game right now w/ no lag whatsoever. and the chat channels are bursting at the seams. and FYI there is over 1.6mil registered POE accounts already and raising as i speak . there are hundred of thousands of players playing POE right now i dont even know if that many people still play D3 period. As i log into D3 every few days and only find 8-30 people in chat channels.

Where are you getting that "hundreds of thousands" from?

Do you realize how many people that actually is? You should look at how many registered to play games such as Age of Conan, The Secret World, SWKOTOR etc. Those numbers do not even come close to representing the amount of people actually playing at launch.

In POE paid beta there were around 700 at peak times using the /online command.

I enjoy POE and actually paid many months ago for early access and you know what? Crazy but I enjoy D3 also. I actually play both games and sometimes I even load up Torchlight 2... madness I know!!

Again with this community and no having any sense or rationality. You are just spouting nonsense with no stats to back it up at all because you mindlessly want to hate and spread bad press about a game you likely still play and enjoy from time to time.
Edited by rethas#1746 on 1/23/2013 3:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
what is POE ?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
01/23/2013 03:52 PMPosted by GoldDust
what is POE ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Allan_Poe
Reply Quote
Just got done playing. It was really boring. And I had so much hope for this game. Oh well, back to Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
PoE feels like a free to play game.

Its trash.
Reply Quote
View profile
The website isn't loading for me. Not that I'm interested in the game. I just want to see how many people are complaining about the servers.
Reply Quote
Just started and tried out, POE pretty good except combat. IT has everything else d3 dont have
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]