Diablo® III

POE servers vs D3 servers on release

The client to download just crashed. Seems like it is trying to start over again...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Poe= no problem at all....

D3= had problems for a week...

Really. Cus ive been trying to patch since the beta started about 7 hours ago with about 7 crashes, havn't even gotten into the game yet. Sounds to me like your just talking out your !@#.

Also words cannot describe the difference in people who tried to log in on the first week of D3 versus the small list of people that actually knew this game opened up today. False equivalence.
Reply Quote
I got done playing for an hour, and YES that isn't very long, however:

Good:

VERY interesting play style. Dark, mysterious. Skill tree? Holy chit is that thing going to be fun to explore. There are literally thousands of combinations, maybe more.

SMOOTH game play. Shadows are realistic. No choppiness, lag or ANYTHING, even with the graphics maxed out.

Being able to interact with ANY Players while in town is cool. The character's name you give it will only be yours, no one else's. But that can be problematic if you are wanting to create a character and had a name in mind and its already taken..

I find it thus far to be an engaging game, full of potential.

Bad:

Lacks polish.

To expand on that, setup completed takes you to a windowed running game where you have to actually go in and setup the display settings, put it to full screen if desired, etc. I figure the final release may have the settings auto detect your setup, but thought they would have included that at this stage. Sound could use more work, but I know this is beta. I can see where there are things to expand upon, whether they are pay to gain or not I don't know for sure. Yes its a free game with no way to pay to win, but you can pay to make it prettier and player unique.

Hate the barter system. I have to figure out what items are worth what, and I find that rather annoying. Coins or something that can amount to currency would be more friendly, but I get it. This is a rock, they don't have much, let alone coins. So barter is the method of payment while on the island, or whatever it is.

Server wise? No issues for me. Took a while to download the game (about 5.5 hours) and was playing instantly. No cue, no delay, nothing. That tells me that the load is not that high. Diablo by comparison was full of waiting, errors, timeouts, you name it, on launch day. And POE is only on Open Beta. I EXPECT problems, but haven't encounter any yet.

Overall, I'm still happy to have Diablo 3 to play, logged in right now was just playing my monk. POE has serious potential to be a new standard for this style of game. Will see how it goes.

But don't let the fact that people on here are trying to "gather" players to go try POE. Just go do it. JUDGE it for yourselves, there is nothing wrong with having more than one game to play. I like being able to take a break from a game by playing another, often I find myself going right back to the one I was playing. LOL
Reply Quote
Diablo 3=millions of purchases
PoE=poor people who cant afford to buy a game

You left out the D3 players logging in to play PoE.
Reply Quote

PoE hasn't launched. They are in open beta. Blizzard is a multi-billion dollar company. Grinding Gear Games has 18 employees. Diablo and Blizzard are both established brands with worldwide name recognition. Again, Grinding Gear Games has 18 whopping employees.

All of that said, once you get into PoE (past the beginner phase), it blows D3 out of the water. PoE will be huge amongst adventurous gamers and open-minded fans of niche ARPG's, but I'm afraid it'll never be as big as Diablo.

It's a little like the Windows versus Linux debate. Hardcore computer users have a Linux desktop, but (arguably) it's not very appealing to the average, casual desktop user.
Edited by Slappy#1530 on 1/23/2013 9:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Servers crashed... but are being resolved.

Once again.. not a good sign for the game.

this is so ironic, you must not have been around for D3 release .................error 37 for a week straight. unable to login

for 5 minutes as soon as the beta went live the servers were overloaded..........FIVE minutes. not FIVE DAYS

FIVE DAYS is not a good sign for d3, is it not? but yet people still defend it for the exact same reasons they bash poe. go play it for yourself and you wont come back to d3. chase that carrot if you will.
Reply Quote
Straight from POE Site.....

Our patching servers are under extreme load. We are working on adding capacity. Thanks for your patience.

Hmmm seems your point is mute.
Reply Quote
Servers crashed... but are being resolved.

Once again.. not a good sign for the game

It's an open beta stress test. They crash the servers ON PURPOSE during stress tests. That's what stress tests are for, to determine exactly how much load the servers can handle.

That's a great sign for the game. The developers are taking time to test their servers. Maybe Blizzard could learn from it.
Edited by Slappy#1530 on 1/23/2013 9:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
Posted by CloudieRaine
Just started and tried out, POE pretty good except combat. IT has everything else d3 dont have

Well that's one way to make a person lose all interest in a game based around killing stuff.

The combat isn't bad. You just don't start the game being able to immediately slaughter everything like you do in Diablo 3. The game has a higher difficulty. Once you've acquired some skills, gems, spells, and levels, combat becomes fast paced and engaging. I'm betting that the person who posted this just started playing or hasn't made it past the first couple of levels.
Edited by Slappy#1530 on 1/23/2013 9:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
wat is poe?
Reply Quote
Combat seems pretty sluggish to me... but I will give it a go. Finally got the game to actually load.
Reply Quote
Straight from POE Site.....

Our patching servers are under extreme load. We are working on adding capacity. Thanks for your patience.

Hmmm seems your point is mute.

thats been up as a precaution since 4pm. ' game' servers are fine. 'PATCHING' servers were under load from a ton of people downloading the client.....meaning download speeds might be slow, i was getting about 400k per second on the download due to the load. has nothing to do with the gameplay
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 09:54 PMPosted by notahacker
wat is poe?

Path of Exile.
Reply Quote
for the record...server crashed and restarted cuz there was a bug in the area (its beta bugs exists) BUT THE THING IS it was patched...in 2 mins...The icing on the cake is...one of the DEVELOPERS came on to tell us what happened. God forbid there's a blue post here on d3 forums ppl go nuts

now let me ask, in the 7 months d3 has been out...how many of our questions are addressed directly? and i mean direct answers. All we got in d3 was vague generalizations about problems with no information about fixes or plan/direction.

Sorry but do yourselves a favor and go support a developer that actually cares about the player base.
Reply Quote
And you guys are still here because???
Reply Quote
Uhhhhh,
Guys why poe vs d3? Just go play d2 lod... Isnt that where these 2 game trying to mimmick but only they have a prettier face?
Reply Quote
And why or why is there adverstisement of diablo 3 in the forum of D2? Sheess blizzard you should know how to market and adverstise your product within your own fanbase. If d3 is so good you wouldnt need to adverstise to the hardcore diablo player. We know your game rating already. We are on hold till the next new director and his vision of d3 . And i hope it is a new vision. The odds are 1 to 100 against us fellows. Good luck with the roll of the itemization.... Ooooo sorry i mean dice!
Reply Quote
"Our patching servers and website are both under extreme load. We are working on adding capacity. Thanks for your patience."

so lol
Reply Quote
"Our patching servers and website are both under extreme load. We are working on adding capacity. Thanks for your patience."

so lol

It still works fine, I've downloaded, patched and am in game. Never had an issue, and i didnt start downloading until like 2 hours ago.
Reply Quote

Really? Like above posters said. Crickets on POE.

You guys are seriously stupid. Path of Exile made a name for itself from a small bunch of guys using their savings to fund it.....

D3 was funded by friggin Blizzard and had the success and fans of the DIABLO FRANCHISE!

D3 shouldnt have had server issues because it should have had the money and the developer power to handle it.

Path of Exile has upwards of 500000 people on the launch of open beta, most of whom they didn't even expect. AND THEY STILL HAD A BETTER LAUNCH!

PATHETIC!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]