Diablo® III

POE servers vs D3 servers on release

[quote]"Our patching servers and website are both under extreme load. We are working on adding capacity. Thanks for

"Our patching servers and website are both under extreme load. We are working on adding capacity. Thanks for your patience."

so lol

Are you laughing at your own ignorance?

What you read was just a warning. The launch was very smooth. I haven't seen one player complain about it.

Stop being fanboys and just try the game. Make up your own minds.

Edit: The crash some of you are mentioning lasted 30 seconds.....oh wow! the horror....
Edited by stryker#1589 on 1/24/2013 12:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
Uhhhhh,
Guys why poe vs d3? Just go play d2 lod... Isnt that where these 2 game trying to mimmick but only they have a prettier face?

You haven't played it, let alone looked at it. It's not trying to "mimmick" anything. It was influenced by D2, yes, but all good things have influences.

Do you also think that Star Wars was just mimmicking Flash Gordon but with a "prettier face"?

The game development was funded by the guys who created it and some other grass roots support. They didn't have countless millions at their disposal, yet have created something phenomenal in my opinion. Why is it that you're totally willing to give the multi-billion $ company a pass but won't give the little guys an inch?
Edited by Slappy#1530 on 1/24/2013 12:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
Are you laughing at your own ignorance?

What you read was just a warning. The launch was very smooth. I haven't seen one player complain about it.

Stop being fanboys and just try the game. Make up your own minds.

Edit: The crash some of you are mentioning lasted 30 seconds.....oh wow! the horror....

Then go back to your smooth PoE, DO NOT stay here
Reply Quote
Poe= no problem at all....

D3= had problems for a week...

"Great job PoE" <--- is it something you want to hear
Reply Quote
Servers crashed... but are being resolved.

Once again.. not a good sign for the game

It's an open beta stress test. They crash the servers ON PURPOSE during stress tests. That's what stress tests are for, to determine exactly how much load the servers can handle.

That's a great sign for the game. The developers are taking time to test their servers. Maybe Blizzard could learn from it.

"On Purpose" ........... I can't stop laughing
Reply Quote

It's an open beta stress test. They crash the servers ON PURPOSE during stress tests. That's what stress tests are for, to determine exactly how much load the servers can handle.

That's a great sign for the game. The developers are taking time to test their servers. Maybe Blizzard could learn from it.

"On Purpose" ........... I can't stop laughing

You obviously have never worked in IT. Look up the definition of stress test. That's the purpose of stress testing; you push your servers over the limit so that you can determine what the limit is. But I'm trying to explain this to someone with zero IT knowledge who thinks they know better, aren't I?
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 12:29 AMPosted by Etopen
Then go back to your smooth PoE, DO NOT stay here

I'll stay here as long as I want. I payed the same money you did for Diablo 3. Being a fanboy isn't a requirement to post in this forum.
Reply Quote
Is anyone else in a little bit of a disbelief over just how bad POE is? so much hype and it's just !@#$. Bad claustrophobic inducing viewing angle and fov, terrible color differentiation, extremely monotone combat and hearing the same 4 sounds over and over and over and over.
Reply Quote
i did search poe forums and didn`t notice any topic that promotes d3 and bashes poe so if this poe is such a good game why so much advertising needed? afraid u`l be left playing alone in 2 months?btw that number of Poe fanboys on twitch are mostly related to kripparian they do follow him not the game he plays
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 12:59 AMPosted by Redefine
i did search poe forums and didn`t notice any topic that promotes d3 and bashes poe so if this poe is such a good game why so much advertising needed?

What are you talking about? The game was funded by it's own developers with their personal money. It has no advertising budget. They launched open beta with over 500,000 players by word of mouth alone.

You didn't notice a single post that promotes D3 and bashes PoE on their forum? Interesting, there are about 10,000 of the reverse on this forum. What does that tell you?
Reply Quote
wow can wait to go home and update my PoE :D
Reply Quote

Started playing D3 3 days after launch, have had no problems at all to date.
Reply Quote

\

and thats about how long it took anybody to get in d3 after release. if you would have bought it on release day you wouldve gotten 'error 37' for a few days after that.....error 37 refers to server issues, unable to login. google it to see what happened

to each their own, i just cant see how anyone can justify spending 1000 hours per good drop. and the mind numbing endless act 3 runs over and over and over and over. i played d3 since launch after i could login that is, and i gotta say im glad something exciting and new is out to take its place (for me)

really what is the point of playing d3 as it stands right now? someone answer me that, its an honest question. carrot on a stick youll never find?
Reply Quote
Why not post here? I mean so many have purchased d3 expecting an advancement over d2 on many fronts and then were let down by seeing progress on few and lapses on most. Every week there comes a postfull list suggesting an overhaul of sorts for D3 in the general forum. The community has to be pushed for the betterment of D3. Faith and love are not lost, don't get it wrong.
Edited by Zoth#2543 on 1/24/2013 2:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
Comparing triple A title release with an indie game open beta launch...
Reply Quote

\

and thats about how long it took anybody to get in d3 after release. if you would have bought it on release day you wouldve gotten 'error 37' for a few days after that.....error 37 refers to server issues, unable to login. google it to see what happened

to each their own, i just cant see how anyone can justify spending 1000 hours per good drop. and the mind numbing endless act 3 runs over and over and over and over. i played d3 since launch after i could login that is, and i gotta say im glad something exciting and new is out to take its place (for me)

really what is the point of playing d3 as it stands right now? someone answer me that, its an honest question. carrot on a stick youll never find?

Dunno, you answer that question yourself (i find random boss (elites) battles and smooth constant battle to be very enjoyable), all im saying is that at least for me it didn't take a week or two to start playing like alot of people here are claiming, i did try to log in on release and i couldn't, i played a little in the second day but got disconnected, i do know what you're referring to.
TBH how do you prepare for 9,000,000 players? Don't just throw the multi-million corporation argument cos it really doesn't matter how much money you have 9,000,000 players at launch is unprecedented i don't see how it was a failure.
Reply Quote
People that still dwell on D3 launch 8 months ago: Lolly

People that stopped caring 8 months ago: Everybody else.
Reply Quote
Oh. and btw... Just went to check out POE and I get "our patching servers are under extreme load. We are working on adding capacity. Thanks for your patience."
and it's only day one.

SO i don't want to hear any lip, boy.
Reply Quote
Why are you guys defending Diablo 3. This game is broken. Downloaded POE, not gonna lie its pretty damn good. It's what D3 should have been. All you D3 fan boys can keep playing this auction house based game with tons of broken promises.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/24/2013 03:42 AMPosted by oreoblizzard
Why are you guys defending Diablo 3. This game is broken. Downloaded POE, not gonna lie its pretty damn good. It's what D3 should have been. All you D3 fan boys can keep playing this auction house based game with tons of broken promises.

Why are you here instead of playing POE?

Or posting on the POE forums?

Seriously?
Edited by GeminiEclips#1766 on 1/24/2013 3:50 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]