Diablo® III

(Hopefully) Constructive Criticism

It's very annoying that there are no helpful stickies. This is my first time logging into Bnet forums since D2, but I see that aspect hasn't changed. I was really hoping for a "read these guides before you ask any questions" type thread stickied. I always like to read thru the essential info first and ask questions later. I noticed someone mentioned a good guide and a thread with all the important links. Can someone bump that, or link it here? I'm considering a monk and want to learn more.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Mookie
It's very annoying that there are no helpful stickies. This is my first time logging into Bnet forums since D2, but I see that aspect hasn't changed. I was really hoping for a "read these guides before you ask any questions" type thread stickied. I always like to read thru the essential info first and ask questions later. I noticed someone mentioned a good guide and a thread with all the important links. Can someone bump that, or link it here? I'm considering a monk and want to learn more.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415793376
Reply Quote
HOW IS THAT NOT STICKIED
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 11:51 AMPosted by Mookie
HOW IS THAT NOT STICKIED

The mods are rather slowish and/or not enough sticky requests for some dumbfounding reason :/
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 11:38 AMPosted by Nintova
If the threat is titled "Rate my blah blah" or "Help me with blah blah" and it irritates you so, why open the thread and even respond? If it remains empty the net result is 2 fold. Your irritation level will be reduced, and they will be forced to learn. Win win.

The unfortunate truth, is that quite often people with not the best game/monk knowledge still respond and often times with incorrect/uninformed advice which is something nobody wants either :/ Feels more like a lose lose situation atm unfortunately...
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 11:53 AMPosted by gotaplanstan
HOW IS THAT NOT STICKIED

The mods are rather slowish and/or not enough sticky requests for some dumbfounding reason :/

I've posted a suggestion on how to quicken the process of getting sticky requests in. Basically, email bomb the CMs so that they can see what we all REALLY want to get that thread stickied. Let's do it, guys!
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 11:54 AMPosted by gotaplanstan
If the threat is titled "Rate my blah blah" or "Help me with blah blah" and it irritates you so, why open the thread and even respond? If it remains empty the net result is 2 fold. Your irritation level will be reduced, and they will be forced to learn. Win win.

The unfortunate truth, is that quite often people with not the best game/monk knowledge still respond and often times with incorrect/uninformed advice which is something nobody wants either :/ Feels more like a lose lose situation atm unfortunately...

Yes. Preventing bad information getting to good people is working at cross purposes from leaving those threads alone. That's why I generally respond with a link to Kameljabber's compilation thread.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 11:19 AMPosted by gotaplanstan
Hi everyone. :) I'm finally coming out of an 8 month lurkdom for my first post. (Never seems like I have anything important enough to say and there's so much to read and learn.)

Nothing wrong with lurking :D I do that more often than not when I'm watching people stream so I can totally relate. So welcome, officially, to the forums :D

You make a great point though. That if someone is invested enough in their monk to bother signing on to the forums to ask for help, that they would be better served spending their time reading guides. Which most likely will answer some/all of their questions and they'll probably learn about stuff they weren't even interested or aware of to begin with.

Thanks, gotaplanstan. :D

I was going to add that there is a huge source of pride in learning about and building our monks. That time spent crunching the numbers over and over and turning things inside out to see what works and what isn't wasted, but instead goes to building a character to be proud of. "Teach a man to fish..." and all that, but didn't want to come across as being too preachy. LOL!

01/24/2013 11:28 AMPosted by gotaplanstan
It would also DRASTICALLY cut down on those types of threads being created if we were to get Kamel's thread stickied...

Agreed. :)
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 11:51 AMPosted by Mookie
HOW IS THAT NOT STICKIED

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 12:08 PMPosted by Piffle
¯\(°_o)/¯

d(^_^)b
Reply Quote
Lestat started a Witch Hunt. Seems to follow Anne Rices novels chronoligically.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 12:17 PMPosted by CaptainCarl
Lestat started a Witch Hunt. Seems to follow Anne Rices novels chronoligically.

Lestat has basically put together what I think a bunch of folks in the monk community have already been feeling. I'm just glad that it's out there.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 12:14 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
¯\(°_o)/¯

d(^_^)b

╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 12:28 PMPosted by Piffle

d(^_^)b

╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

٩(×̯×)۶
Reply Quote
Sincerely apologize for my meaningless unrelated posts :(

But this thread got me thinking about steak for dinner!

Other than cereal and eggs, it's the only other thing I can cook! In fact I never order steak from restaurants because it's usually garbage...
Reply Quote
The monk is (IMO) the hardest character to gear. Matching dps with ehp/surviveability is difficult.

I know that through my many differant monk builds I have made a ton of mistakes and probably paid millions to do so. Is still fun though. I haven't gotten to the point where I completely blew up my dude but there has been times where I stepped away to another character as it simply wasn't meshing. A 40-50k dps OWE that can do mp4-5 is the easy part and can be done relatively cheaply. The best thing for me that has come to fruition has been D3up as I didn't know it existed until a month or so ago!
Reply Quote

Other than cereal and eggs, it's the only other thing I can cook! In fact I never order steak from restaurants because it's usually garbage...

Have you had Kobe or Wagyu steaks? If you haven't, YOU MUST TRY IT! Yummmmm...
Reply Quote

Black Mamba steaks? Would you like some Durantula steaks to go with that?
Reply Quote
I am going to try something new.

Rather then spend millions on new pants and a better chest piece to gain small amount of Vitality or buy Vitality gems I will try to roll a decent VIT hellfire ring in hopes of adding more health in the cheapest way possible.

Trial and error here I come baby.
Reply Quote

The likelihood of him getting actual Kobe or Wagyu steaks is probably pretty low.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmsted/2012/04/12/foods-biggest-scam-the-great-kobe-beef-lie/

edit: @got a plan ... I'm disappointed you didn't set my table back up ┯━┯ノ(º₋ºノ)
Edited by Piffle#1874 on 1/24/2013 12:44 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]