Diablo® III

(Hopefully) Constructive Criticism

OP

Interesting thread. Most people do ask similar questions, which can get a bit repetitive. For these reasons, I tend to help people in game so I can observe how they play and help provide detailed advice for build/gear/whatever. Having people compare their monks to ours, tends to frustrate them.
Edited by jco310#1218 on 1/24/2013 12:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
The likelihood of him getting actual Kobe or Wagyu steaks is probably pretty low.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmsted/2012/04/12/foods-biggest-scam-the-great-kobe-beef-lie/

edit: @got a plan ... I'm disappointed you didn't set my table back up ┯━┯ノ(º₋ºノ)

Interesting. It's true... I haven't seen Kobe beef in Canada (I had some in the US many years ago - my uncle picked it up from a premium butcher). I have, however, picked up some slabs of Wagyu beef from a local premium butcher and the marbling of the steak is unmistakeable. Definitely not your run-of-the-mill steak. It is fat beyond fat, and more fat. So juicy, so good.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/24/2013 12:42 PMPosted by Piffle
I'm disappointed you didn't set my table back up ┯━┯ノ(º₋ºノ)

I was waiting for you to do it so I could show you my magic and make a 2nd one appear then flip em both :D

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`□´)ノ︵ ┻━┻
Reply Quote
I was waiting for you to do it so I could show you my magic and make a 2nd one appear then flip em both :D

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`□´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

I was wondering what this all was. Carry on.
Reply Quote
┯━┯ノ(º₋ºノ)

That's just not right Stan. Just not right.
Reply Quote
View profile
The likelihood of him getting actual Kobe or Wagyu steaks is probably pretty low.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmsted/2012/04/12/foods-biggest-scam-the-great-kobe-beef-lie/

edit: @got a plan ... I'm disappointed you didn't set my table back up ┯━┯ノ(º₋ºノ)

Interesting. It's true... I haven't seen Kobe beef in Canada (I had some in the US many years ago - my uncle picked it up from a premium butcher). I have, however, picked up some slabs of Wagyu beef from a local premium butcher and the marbling of the steak is unmistakeable. Definitely not your run-of-the-mill steak. It is fat beyond fat, and more fat. So juicy, so good.

u wouldnt happen to be in toronto would ya, i need a good butcher
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 12:08 PMPosted by Piffle
HOW IS THAT NOT STICKIED

¯\(°_o)/¯

01/24/2013 12:14 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
¯\(°_o)/¯

d(^_^)b

╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

٩(×̯×)۶

01/24/2013 12:53 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
I'm disappointed you didn't set my table back up ┯━┯ノ(º₋ºノ)

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`□´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

┯━┯ノ(º₋ºノ)

That's just not right Stan. Just not right.

It's only cool when I do it.
Reply Quote

┻━┻ ︵ \(Ò_Ó \)
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 12:56 PMPosted by SteelPhantom

Actually, I am. Pusateri's is a good place to go, but there are some others. There's one that I've gone to for Wagyu beef that's good. Can't recall the name, just know where it is north of the city (but they are everywhere). I'll get the name on my way home from work and post. Oh man, I am hungry for some good steak!
Reply Quote
View profile
01/24/2013 12:57 PMPosted by Narcolepsy

┬──┬ ︵ ╯(-‾-╯)

YOU JUST GOT FLIPPED YO
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 11:54 AMPosted by gotaplanstan
The unfortunate truth, is that quite often people with not the best game/monk knowledge still respond and often times with incorrect/uninformed advice which is something nobody wants either :/ Feels more like a lose lose situation atm unfortunately...

Yes. Preventing bad information getting to good people is working at cross purposes from leaving those threads alone. That's why I generally respond with a link to Kameljabber's compilation thread.[/quote]

Points well taken. Thank you both.
Reply Quote
I just equip !@#$ with green numbers. ¯\(°_o)/¯

hehe yes = ) ... but does it account for LoH/LS + health globe? or for -/+ damage reduction or vs elites?
so maybe an item that have red numbers might be a boost for you?
Reply Quote

hehe yes = ) ... but does it account for LoH/LS + health globe? or for -/+ damage reduction or vs elites?

...... ¯\(°_o)/¯
Reply Quote

...... ¯\(°_o)/¯

lol you're awesome narc =D
Reply Quote
It doesn't even account for OWE.

It would be nice if the green numbers accounted for your current buffs, or at least your passive skills. Even better if blizzard introduced an "effective life" green number so I don't have to constantly Alt-Tab over to d3up.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 12:56 PMPosted by SteelPhantom

I figured out the name of a chain that I trust - Bruno's. They sell Wagyu beef AFAIK (but they may not have it all the time)

There's also Cumbrae farms. Good stuff there too.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/24/2013 05:00 PMPosted by Nameless

I figured out the name of a chain that I trust - Bruno's. They sell Wagyu beef AFAIK (but they may not have it all the time)

There's also Cumbrae farms. Good stuff there too.

sweet thx, google mappin em rite now
Reply Quote
Every thread turns to food.

I am hungry.
Reply Quote
I had Chinese tonight. shrimp fried rice and them chicken things on a stick.....I think it was chicken.
Reply Quote
I think the root cause of the problem is some pervasive refusal to read on the part of the majority of casual community members. I have frequented quite a few forums in the past, on every topic from building speakers to swapping a full STi in a normal Impreza (NASIOC is HUGE, believe me!), but NEVER have I seen...

...this whole "TL;DR" phenomena.

The mere existence of this acronym baffles me, and to my mind, is absolutely sacrilegious. Why the #@%! would you come to a *written* forum, only to refuse to read? And even worse, is this quasi-necessity to include a "TL;DR" at the end of every post that is longer than 3-4 lines. When I see posts from the likes of Nameless/Scrapz/Piffle/etc, I read them. Period, full stop. Posts from those guys deserve to be read - which, I suppose, is the OP's point.

This community is actually very, VERY tolerant. There was a blue post a while ago (I think Rob Pardo's post in Jay Wilson's departure thread) that mentioned something about the Battle.Net forums having earned a reputation for "rough justice" or some such. I couldn't help but laugh. Back when I was into Honda Civics - yeah, I know...'twas a long time ago, mkay...?!? - I used to get a lot of information from Honda-Tech.com. Now - the moderators there are very active, and a lot of topics get stickied, amongst other things, which helps. But if you want to see "rough justice" on a forum, go and ask some question on Honda-Tech without proving without a doubt that you've done your research, and most everybody will most positively, absolutely rip you a new one. You have to ask very pointed, specific questions. As is the case here, there are tons of very, very knowledgeable people over there, but they simply do NOT suffer those who are not willing to put in the time.

All of that being said, I do very much prefer this community's more relaxed attitude, but sometimes I wonder if we're not perpetuating a bad habit here...?
Edited by Silver32#1142 on 1/24/2013 7:07 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]