Diablo® III

What MP do you run?

I know most people run mp0 act 3 - but when you do crank up the MP - what are you comfortable with?

I'll go first - I can run mp1 fairly safely with my main Barb. I've been emboldened by getting my alt Barb to 60, and have run mp2 but feared for my life the whole time and left before I got to 5 stack.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/aMorras-1512/hero/29237479

Note: I'm bored at work and feel like lurking other people's profiles :P
Reply Quote
I still run on mp0 act 3, however i can go up to mp3 very comfortably...I would rather be safe than sorry with my paragon level though so face-rolling mp0 seems like a better choice

for your bordom at work
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Darkside-1453/hero/22347333
Reply Quote
I still run on mp0 act 3, however i can go up to mp3 very comfortably...I would rather be safe than sorry with my paragon level though so face-rolling mp0 seems like a better choice

TY sir!

That's a very nice Barb!
Reply Quote
View profile
mp1 or mp2
After getting my armor to 4K and unbuffed dps to 65K it will be mp2 / mp3

depends on how I am feeling for the night.

Darkside/aMoras: I don't see the point of sleep walking through mp0. if you wanted to have 0% chance to die you are defeating the purpose of HC. Without the chance of death what is hardcore gameplay? SC with a more penalizing consequence for internet issues.... sweet life.
Edited by Lykotic#1869 on 1/25/2013 10:55 AM PST
Reply Quote

Darkside/aMoras: I don't see the point of sleep walking through mp0. if you wanted to have 0% chance to die you are defeating the purpose of HC. Without the chance of death what is hardcore gameplay? SC with a more penalizing consequence for internet issues.... sweet life.

agreed.

For xp/mf farming I tend to do mp0 as well until I get bored - which happens soon enuf. Then i just do some key runs on mp6 - makes me focus on the game a bit more :)

Edit - on a sidenote, I'm very happy tht blizz is buffing xp bonus on higher mp :D
Edited by ZealousAngel#1585 on 1/25/2013 10:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
A3MP0 for exp, loot (I have max, after NV, MF gear set for the WD)

MP3 Key runs on my monk
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MasterBeta-1348/hero/29891329

MP4 Key runs on my WD
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MasterBeta-1348/hero/29380626
Reply Quote
I was doing some MP4 key runs solo in act 2 and 3 yesterday. It was scary, but def way more fun than facerolling A3MP0. It actually made me very aware of my positioning and battle tactics.
Reply Quote
Indeed, you don't want to mess on higher MP.

Flip, it's also alot safer and can be more fun doing key runs in team too. Let me know if you ever feel alone when looking for keys.
Reply Quote
Mp1/2. on act 3. I don't like mp0, too boring. I don't think mp0 should even be in the game.
Reply Quote

I kind of hinted at this, but I'm just now starting to test waters with higher MP. Especially cuz SelfMadeMan is my first HC character (effectively), I didn't want to lose him to hubris.

Now that my gear is improving and I have some alts to fall back on, I'm cranking up MP.

I agree with you, though. Death is what makes HC so fun / I just had defend myself :)
Reply Quote
This could be just me, but I noticed that MP0/1 has similar drops. MP2 seems to be slightly better. Better in the sense that I can keep more stuff and vendor less. Then it comes MP3. It seems to be a big step up. I noticed a lot of the stuff I get has crit chance or crit damage on it. Resist All gears are all over the place. Never tried anything beyond MP3 in HC....
Reply Quote
View profile
Solo farming I like

mp5 for wd
mp2 for monk
mp3 for barb
mp4 for wiz
mp2 for dh

Group farming I like mp6 for all. Much lower risk of dying in a group even on higher mps.

Cheese farming legendaries I like mp8, get 5 stacks from the easiest spots in a1, leoric's manor, cathedral skeleton summoners and totems, ancient crypt skeleton summoners, and if lucky with dungeon spawns, rath family crypt zombie pukers, and jar of souls. The bonus item formula for mp levels will ensure that each hot spot is filled with white, blue, and yellow text everytime. And a couple of times per run the text turns out to be orange or green. Sharing this strategy with everyone now, and I hope you all get rich. However, do not attempt this solo...
Reply Quote
I am very happy farming mp0 for xp/loot and having almost "0% chance to die", I prefer to be more logical than emotional, playing hc in higher difficulties than your comfortable zone without getting more xp or loot doesn't make you a better player, just stupid. For my char, and for most hc chars, mp0 is optimal, unless you are farming keys.

Big risks requires big rewards, and that is not the case for higher mp levels atm, you will probably get pwned on the first lag and probably would make more gold/xp at mp0.
Edited by AkUriel#1501 on 1/25/2013 2:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
With this Monk:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Demiwraith-1534/hero/7426176

I do mp-3, but I've had a few close calls with lag that were a little too close. I've stepped foot in MP-4, but I don't really think I should be there. The wrong set of elites could be problematic, and god forbid I run into a double elite at that level.
Reply Quote
View profile
I am very happy farming mp0 for xp/loot and having almost "0% chance to die", I prefer to be more logical than emotional, playing hc in higher difficulties than your comfortable zone without getting more xp or loot doesn't make you a better player, just stupid. For my char, and for most hc chars, mp0 is optimal, unless you are farming keys.

Big risks requires big rewards, and that is not the case for higher mp levels atm, you will probably get pwned on the first lag and probably would make more gold/xp at mp0.

1st I'm not saying play at your maximum mp level possible, but cruise control in mp0 completely defeats the purpose of HC. You are essentially eliminating death from the equation in the game minus lag spike or something similar.

Essentially playing HC in this manner is similar to someone going golfing but allowing themselves to have mulligan shots because "a fly flew in my eye" or something of similar BS. You are eliminating the danger that should exist in HC.

Similar to you, I view your way of playing as illiogical as you view mine. Your argument is that playing at mp1/2/3 is not optimal, which I agree. I counter that playing a3mp0 when your character can essentially be played by anybody and not die is illogical since you are defeating the spirit of the mode.

to paraphrase you: "playing a3mp0 with geared out characters doesn't make you optimal, just a coward"
Edited by Lykotic#1869 on 1/25/2013 3:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
PTR testing my DH can play in MP7 territory solo but it takes too long and is retarded.

Comfortably? Up to 4 or so but I'd have to switch to a sustain bow if I'd go solo.

The monsters have just the right amount of health around mp1 - 2 when playing solo. So I'll probably be playing around 2 or so for the next patch.

For the record, my danger of dying is generally the same spread throughout. It just takes TOO long, the monsters just have too much health past 5 it's really stupid man. And then to break out turrets you run the risk of just killing yourself from the reflect dot.

I generally stay in 0 for act 3 when I'm experimenting with stuff.

EDIT: The health increase ruined it man. I remember before MP/1.0.5 was implemented when my old DH was at up to Maghda in act 2, you get a feel for how long it takes to kill something. So I had put that DH on the PTR at the time, and put it on MP2 and the monsters took so damn long to kill. I was only doing about 20k dps, but live on 1.0.4 it was good enough to clear act 2 with, but on the PTR was running around in circles.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 1/25/2013 4:13 PM PST
Reply Quote

1st I'm not saying play at your maximum mp level possible, but cruise control in mp0 completely defeats the purpose of HC. You are essentially eliminating death from the equation in the game minus lag spike or something similar.

Essentially playing HC in this manner is similar to someone going golfing but allowing themselves to have mulligan shots because "a fly flew in my eye" or something of similar BS. You are eliminating the danger that should exist in HC.

Similar to you, I view your way of playing as illiogical as you view mine. Your argument is that playing at mp1/2/3 is not optimal, which I agree. I counter that playing a3mp0 when your character can essentially be played by anybody and not die is illogical since you are defeating the spirit of the mode.

to paraphrase you: "playing a3mp0 with geared out characters doesn't make you optimal, just a coward"

Ok, we agree to disagree.
Reply Quote
Monk: MP 2-4 Depending on how much of a challenge I want.
DH: MP2 Will bump this up when I get more dps.
WD and Barb: MP1 just because I don't have alot of practice on both classes.

Group play I'm comfortable with my monk up to MP8. Playing on MP8 brings back those old school days where you have to be on with your timing of skills/positioning or your character will take a face plant right into a elites wang.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/25/2013 04:28 PMPosted by AkUriel
Ok, we agree to disagree.

I was debating editing this because I was a tad over the top. My apologies for being a tad over the top.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]