Diablo® III

Diablo 3, aka the only loot hunt game where...

(Locked)

....to find good loot you have to do everything except actually farming.

Wanna get gear? need gold.

How to get gold?

1. Flip items in AH.
2. Bot.
3. Dupe.
4. Exploit commoditiy markets.
5. Scam.

What about farming you may ask? nothing. It's like playing the national lottery with only 1 ticket vs people that have high paying jobs. How many people that play the lottery will win it? 1 in (insert random crazy high number).

So, whats left for normal, honest farmers? nothing. You can enjoy the combat in the eternal hope of being the one who wins the lottery, but 99% of people will still always be screwed when fighting for an item vs the non-farming users.

How ironic that a loot hunting game works this way, even considering that it's supposed to be the best out there.

PRO tip for Blizzard: next time you make a game based around an AH, make sure people can't continuosly exploit it in every possible way, it makes the game bad for the honest players.
01/25/2013 10:51 AMPosted by django
you have to
Not really.

Also, Botting, scamming and duping have been around since FAR long before D3.
Sad but true.

When I actually farmed for gold, I was using the same route person/bot did when my account was hacked. I made some decent coin, maybe 300k-400K an hour (not counting things sold, which nothing was worth anything anyway), which isn't bad by any stretch of the means. When you compare that to, items that are hundreds of millions or billions, farming for gold really is useless.

At that rate, if I were to farm for it myself, I'd have to farm 24hrs a day for about 1-1.5 months.

There are people who say they've played hundreds of hours and even over 1000 and find jack squat. For me to be able to afford a fairly good item, I'd have to farm anywhere from 700-1200hrs (which even on paper seems a bit ridiculous).

When you take your average person who can maybe play 2-4hrs a night about 4 days a week, they are looking at 1.5-3yrs of farming for these items... no thank you.

Instant gratification argument vs 1.5-3yrs to get a good item.. lol. Gee I wonder why so many people quit.
I have not bought gold,items for cash or his sold called ah "flipping." I can play for a few hours and find items worth 100k to 20 million quite frequently. Also some larger budget items at random, ranging from 30-80. Am I a billionaire? Not at all, I buy random stupid items. Can I make money and progress my characters without these stupid options you think are the only way? Yes. Time is the only factor.

I'd like for someone with this attitude to explain to me where the gear that comes from that is on the AH if you can play this game without farming.
Edited by Frostspark#1417 on 1/25/2013 11:14 AM PST
You can convert pixel to $ and YOU think that doesn't atract dishonest people?

You'll always have players buying stuff and others providing stuff. Prohibition showd, that ppl will continue drinking.

BTW, I think the 2bil max bid should be removed. It's a free vitual country :)

so long ...
My biggest complaint is that I feel like such a chump for playing the game legitimately.

The botters are not only finding money and items hand over fist but they are also blasting through paragon levels like they are nothing and the bot does all this for them while they spend their time else where.

It's really demoralizing to know you are basically wasting your time playing legit when you could just risk the ban and just bot. Not that I actually would.

*note*
All the stuff I have on my DH right now was given to me by a friend, I haven't found anything even remotely useful by myself. If it weren't for those items given to me I couldn't do anything past MP 1
Sorry OP, by your definition the only way to succeed in D2 is cheating. It's simply the most profitable way to get the best gear(or flip constantly).

You don't have to cheat to have fun in D2 and D3. It seems like the open nature of the AH has made people feel entitled to the extremely rare/best items in the game. Those existed in D2 yet people didn't feel this irresistable need to get them by cheating or playing the market.
Edited by hampster#1586 on 1/25/2013 11:24 AM PST

I'd like for someone with this attitude to explain to me where the gear that comes from that is on the AH if you can play this game without farming.

:facepalm:

:facepalm:

That isn't even a reply. Perhaps you're misunderstanding what I'm saying? Giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Not really.

Also, Botting, scamming and duping have been around since FAR long before D3.

That doesn't mean that it should be in Diablo 3. Their reasoning for the always online play was to prevent cheating, botting and duping.

It doesn't mean there should be, but it does mean there will be. They never expected to stop it entirely, but online only does cut back on it.
Edited by Goodbrew#1305 on 1/25/2013 11:32 AM PST
Sorry OP, by your definition the only way to succeed in D2 is cheating. It's simply the most profitable way to get the best gear(or flip constantly).

You don't have to cheat to have fun in D2 and D3. It seems like the open nature of the AH has made people feel entitled to the extremely rare/best items in the game. Those existed in D2 yet people didn't feel this irresistable need to get them by cheating or playing the market.

More useful gear dropped in D2.. far more. Although the presence of the skill tree aided this greatly due to being able to tailor builds to specific items dropping.

I was one of those who did fairly well with mediocre gear. I only ever owned 1 enigma, 1 shako, and 1 HoZ, the rest of my items were considered average at best.
There needs to be better moderating on these forums.
01/25/2013 10:51 AMPosted by django
How ironic that a loot hunting game works this way, even considering that it's supposed to be the best out there.

100% true

farming is what this game is about and with AH, you dont have to do it
So what blizzard did is release a loot based game, and with it a feature that destroys the purpose of that game. Makes no sense to me.

More useful gear dropped in D2.. far more. Although the presence of the skill tree aided this greatly due to being able to tailor builds to specific items dropping.

I was one of those who did fairly well with mediocre gear. I only ever owned 1 enigma, 1 shako, and 1 HoZ, the rest of my items were considered average at best.

There was a better variety of items due to a better variety of gear builds and of course the superior itemization.

That said D3 has reached a point where self found is done often due to inferno being nerfed enough... You can also make a very powerful character with very little gold(spending 100k and beating inferno is very possible).
Edited by hampster#1586 on 1/25/2013 11:39 AM PST
100 Night Elf Hunter

The loot fairies :D

The loot fairies :D

Magic is the only possible explanation!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]