Diablo® III

Diablo 3, aka the only loot hunt game where...

(Locked)

Here, laugh at my gear and call me a scrub. I expect it from the Blizzard community which is by far the most vilest of all I have ever played.

I have 2 mill and no items to sell btw.

There is no way in hell I will be improving this gear, regardless. This is the best I will ever attain and please note that not one item here I found in game....not ONE.
Edited by fixit#1698 on 1/25/2013 2:17 PM PST
01/25/2013 10:59 AMPosted by django
Not really.

Also, Botting, scamming and duping have been around since FAR long before D3.

Not really? judging by your character i would say it confirms my post.

And im talking about D3 here, couldnt care less about other games.

LOL, his character isnt even that nice and u going to accuse him of using the AH.
I think the AH is overall a negative addition to the game. Because it allows people like the OP to scapegoat on it constantly. People that are quick to rush into finding something to blame on why they are doing badly or not having fun LOVE the AH, it is such an easy target to blame.

The AH distracts from the big issues of the game.

01/25/2013 02:17 PMPosted by dexxy
LOL, his character isnt even that nice and u going to accuse him of using the AH
He did? I thought he accused me of having low level gear and thus proving you can't find anything in AH.

I am 100% self found and proud of my 30k dps. ^^. I need to change my build in order to be able to kill Leoric in MP1, but it is all a work in progress, right?
Edited by vexorian#1817 on 1/25/2013 2:21 PM PST
6. Quit spending all your time looking through forums and then coming up with excuses as to why you can't make any gold and actually go play the game instead.
Edited by Polarity#1270 on 1/25/2013 2:26 PM PST
Drops rates are based around the AH(not said by me, said by blue post) and guess what happens when theres thousands of bots farming? more items in the AH, more gold to them, worse drop rates for you, less gold for you. There's a blue post about drops being influenced by AH, but it's also my personal experience, i averaged 2 legendaries per run for more than a month long ago. Now it's not uncommon that i don't see a set item drop for consecutive days.

Are you aware that Wyatt Cheng has said that drops are not based around the AH?
that billion could have gone to me,

I see the problem. You have this sense that you are entitled so someone elses gold. If your wares were superior then they will get bought (then later duped).
I found my mempo of twighlight and my witching hour.... but i guess i kinda won the lottery cuz im still broke as all hell. The most gold i have ever had at one time is 3 million.

Just feels crapy once you hit that wall at 50k to 75k dps where ALL your upgrades cost AT LEAST 10 million each, and no legit way to get that much gold... I think it is this way because the items have too wide of a range of mods to roll.

If they only took out how random legendary mods are then i think things would be better. It just kills the hunt when one missing stat can ruin your legendaries value. They need to make ALL LEGENDARIES HAVE THE SAME MODS but with different ranges like in D2. You knew this legendary would have Vit, +skills, and Str, but getting a perfect one with max of all those values was still hard. Even if it didt roll with max stats it was still usefull.

With Diablo 3 we have a system where you can find a great legendary but it didnt roll with critical chance or a socket or whatever it is suddenly almost worthless.
Edited by TimeSpike#1874 on 1/25/2013 2:35 PM PST
what's wrong with your D3 profile OP? Did i miss where you posted on your account that you actually played the game with?
you have to
Not really.

Also, Botting, scamming and duping have been around since FAR long before D3.

yes really. Flipping is number one in gearing up when you talk about time spend in the game.

And there are a few more options which seem to be actually more profitable then "farming" or well "playing" the game like how it was meant to be played.

I found my mempo of twighlight and my witching hour.... but i guess i kinda won the lottery cuz im still broke as all hell. The most gold i have ever had at one time is 3 million.

Just feels crapy once you hit that wall at 50k to 75k dps where ALL your upgrades cost AT LEAST 10 million each, and no legit way to get that much gold... I think it is this way because the items have too wide of a range of mods to roll.

just wait till your next upgrades cost around 100-500m ...
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 1/25/2013 2:39 PM PST
01/25/2013 02:24 PMPosted by Monsta
Drops rates are based around the AH(not said by me, said by blue post) and guess what happens when theres thousands of bots farming? more items in the AH, more gold to them, worse drop rates for you, less gold for you. There's a blue post about drops being influenced by AH, but it's also my personal experience, i averaged 2 legendaries per run for more than a month long ago. Now it's not uncommon that i don't see a set item drop for consecutive days.

Are you aware that Wyatt Cheng has said that drops are not based around the AH?

Are you aware that Wyatt also said it would be a bad idea NOT to base some of the loot around the AH?
depends what you see as "based around the AH" I guess.

The AH always played a role in the way how they designed the drops and itemisation. Not to would be rather silly. From Blizzards point of view. I mean it is a very fast way for people to gear up without even really playing the game (see flipping, or simply buying gold)

And I fear most decisions in the future will also have the AH in mind (they will probably never change the randomness in the item system to be more logical and rather about quality then quantity).
....to find good loot you have to do everything except actually farming.

I'd like for someone with this attitude to explain to me where the gear that comes from that is on the AH if you can play this game without farming.

The good stuff you see on the ah for 100s mil is farmed by those in mp 10. These players were clever enough to figure out various short cuts to super fast leveling by various methods that existed early in the game's history. I won't say they used used exploits because in my view anything the game lets you do is not an exploit, although others have a diffferent view than mine.As these shortcuts became known to the devs they were closed

The items are also farmed and//or provided at high prices on the AH by bots . So yeah, if you could play D3 24/7 you could farm these items too :-_)
Edited by hawkeye#1460 on 1/25/2013 2:45 PM PST
i made over $470 so far farming the old fashion way in welfare gear
So to all those saying it's because drops are bad so they aren't worth anything on the AH:

What do you think would happen if they increased the likelihood of finding great stuff? Within a week, everybody would have trifecta gloves so when you list them on the AH nobody would want them either. You will never be able to "win" by getting better drops because everybody else will be getting better drops too. I liked it better when legendaries were really rare. I found some vile wards that I sold for $119 on the RMAH. If I tried to sell them today I'd be lucky to get a few bucks for them because there are thousands of them around.
Game is unfixable. Wait till the expansion.
I get all my gold from drops and then selling them on AH. Works fine for me. Not sure what you guys are doing.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]