Diablo® III

Diablo 3, aka the only loot hunt game where...

(Locked)

01/25/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Grimlek

All the loot I have I found. I also have over half a billion gold from simply selling items I found that I didn't need. I never botted I never duped and I most certainly never scammed anyone or exploited the market.

you have played alot as well and dont have godly gear that others have with your elite kills.....with that many elite kills you should be able to face roll mp 10

What does this even mean? Do you have some sort of schedule that lets you know what mp you "should" be on based on your number of elite kills?

I do not understand why people assume they know exactly how fast gear progression should be. I can farm you an entire set of gear good enough to beat inferno in under an hour. That seems pretty ridiculously fast.

I can farm you up a one in a trillion item like a perfectly rolled cd/os ef once every few years if I am lucky. Oh no, perfect items aren't dropping every day so drops must be terrible...
Let's be honesty blizzard has banned alot of botters and well deserved botting in a game where you can make real $ should not only be bannable offense but it should literally be "Illegal" because they are scamming the market and making a legitimate profit it could even be considered a felony if you look at it in that aspect.

And about farming it is getting a bit ridiculous that im level 78 paragon and only find a legendary which is a useless legendary most of the time maybe One time a run if I'm extremely luckily they do need to fix this and make it a little easier to find items but not like Diablo 2 easy. and also make bosses drop legendary items at a higher rate so its worth farming them.
Sad but true.

When I actually farmed for gold, I was using the same route person/bot did when my account was hacked. I made some decent coin, maybe 300k-400K an hour (not counting things sold, which nothing was worth anything anyway), which isn't bad by any stretch of the means. When you compare that to, items that are hundreds of millions or billions, farming for gold really is useless.

At that rate, if I were to farm for it myself, I'd have to farm 24hrs a day for about 1-1.5 months.

There are people who say they've played hundreds of hours and even over 1000 and find jack squat. For me to be able to afford a fairly good item, I'd have to farm anywhere from 700-1200hrs (which even on paper seems a bit ridiculous).

When you take your average person who can maybe play 2-4hrs a night about 4 days a week, they are looking at 1.5-3yrs of farming for these items... no thank you.

Instant gratification argument vs 1.5-3yrs to get a good item.. lol. Gee I wonder why so many people quit.

Sad but true.

When I actually farmed for gold, I was using the same route person/bot did when my account was hacked. I made some decent coin, maybe 300k-400K an hour (not counting things sold, which nothing was worth anything anyway), which isn't bad by any stretch of the means. When you compare that to, items that are hundreds of millions or billions, farming for gold really is useless.

At that rate, if I were to farm for it myself, I'd have to farm 24hrs a day for about 1-1.5 months.

There are people who say they've played hundreds of hours and even over 1000 and find jack squat. For me to be able to afford a fairly good item, I'd have to farm anywhere from 700-1200hrs (which even on paper seems a bit ridiculous).

When you take your average person who can maybe play 2-4hrs a night about 4 days a week, they are looking at 1.5-3yrs of farming for these items... no thank you.
Instant gratification argument vs 1.5-3yrs to get a good item.. lol. Gee I wonder why so many people quit.

LoL I hear ya bro I have the so called OP farming class and have logged IDK how many hours. I dont (Pay to Win) as its called and use the RMAH tho I do use the GAH and there is no way I can keep up with the gold that it cost to upgrade my char. Every time I upgrade even the slightest thing I am back at broke again.

Blizzards allways on DRM is fail and they know it thats what they are moving in the BOA direction with items and that really sucks. HC char's should really be upset by this becouse they are limited to the GAH only anyway.

I really cant see anything coming out of the allways online DRM beside the rubberbanding effect and rest assured this IS whats cousing rubberbanding!
I gotta say, in D2 items had set stats they dropped with and only some of the stats on the item varied a little bit and, provided you had enough points allocated to stats, you could pretty much use whatever item you wanted. Also, Items including weapons could drop with multiple sockets which allowed you to customize them with runes or gems, or a combination of both.

In D3, item stats vary greatly and are only valuable if they roll trifecta and main stats, or CC and CD along with main stat and AVG damage. And there are plenty of items that are only able to be used by one type of character and those items can roll with main stats that are really only beneficial to some other character. Not to mention there is absolutely no customization with items in D3 other than being able to put a gem in a socket.

The point is, D3 IS a farming game but the itemization is garbage. Finding a rare or a legendary that drops with really good stats or trifecta stats is comparable to playing the lotto and makes the game feel very un-rewarding, as well as having to use the AH to get good items to make a good build. I don't ever really nag about flippers but i will say it is a real pain in the @&^ looking for an upgrade and only being able to find usable items in the AH that are going for 100m - 3b gold usually because flippers have taken the good items going for decent prices and reposted them at outrageous prices that no one can afford.

you have played alot as well and dont have godly gear that others have with your elite kills.....with that many elite kills you should be able to face roll mp 10

What does this even mean? Do you have some sort of schedule that lets you know what mp you "should" be on based on your number of elite kills?

I do not understand why people assume they know exactly how fast gear progression should be. I can farm you an entire set of gear good enough to beat inferno in under an hour. That seems pretty ridiculously fast.

I can farm you up a one in a trillion item like a perfectly rolled cd/os ef once every few years if I am lucky. Oh no, perfect items aren't dropping every day so drops must be terrible...

diablo 2 items were easier to come by because of the variety.....thats what im saying......you had runes, white items with sockets and of course all sorts of legendaries that had values......

yeh im on the forums alot and view other players gear etc.....achievements etc.....seen lots of profiles so yeh with 40k elite kills you should basically be able to faceroll mp10.....I am comparing the amount of time it takes to get great gear in d3 and d2.......also gear isnt hard to find to faceroll inferno in a few hours.....they nerfed inferno so much that its easy as crap.....

I dont know about you but I have a life that does not require playing 10 hours a day but more of 3 to 4 hours a day and believe that you shouldnt have to play 2000 hours to find your first item that sells for 1bil+......in diablo 3 1bil+ items takes as long as it does to find a ber rune in diablo 2......
Edited by Grimlek#1303 on 1/25/2013 8:25 PM PST
01/25/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Grimlek

All the loot I have I found. I also have over half a billion gold from simply selling items I found that I didn't need. I never botted I never duped and I most certainly never scammed anyone or exploited the market.

I guess I should clarify that the UBER GODLY gear I've found I've sold. I won't disclose exactly how much I've made on the RMAH but its a lot. I'll take real cash any day before wearing the godly gear myself. So I guess that blows away your stupid theory. Also why would I ever waste my time on MP10?
Welcome to Corporate Gaming! YEEEEE HAAAWW
You seem upset.
I farm just fine for money. Every few days I find an item worth 10m+. Some times multiples per day. I managed to regear my DH after a few days of farming on my archon wiz.

Last night, when I was messing around on my DH killing azmo for fun and testing gear I got a tal rasha's allegiance. It was junk of course (one of the worst rolled I have ever seen in fact...) but still I was sitting there stunned for a second... MP4, no MF, no NV, and only paragon 25. And I wasn't even trying to farm. Began laughing so hard I almost fell over. Seeing "Amulet" in green letters was extremely funny apparently.

Seriously, if you aren't getting anything when you farm, you are doing it wrong. And by wrong, I mean WAY to slow or very inefficiently.
The OP has 0 lifetime kills! LOL!
Except that every monster you kills is another ticket to that lotto.
01/25/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Expectwar
i made over $470 so far farming the old fashion way in welfare gear
i dun even need the rmah or flip or bot or anything, just farm.. get some crap worth 100-500k ? sell in gah, loot some gems? collect and craft them to star and sell them in gah.. thats how we play in d2.. farm and sell, simple as that.. op i think u are a big time loser complaining about what u cant have.. grow up
I dont think so , cuz I dont do anything from that stuff and I think i'm doing well only by farming ... and i'm not saying that my gear is super great but it is good compared to the time played which is 180 hours :/
All my gear was earned from farming... true fact.
spent 0 bucks for my gear as well.

If you can't get good gear, you're just a bad player who farms wrong.

Or have !@#$ luck.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]