Diablo® III

Anyone remember the d2 depth?

Game has loads of potential right now. 1.07 should be a great step. Biggest issues post 1.07 are more interesting itemization options and more pve content/randomization (more equal mob density will help).

Thankfully, it sounds like devs at least somewhat aware of this. If they fix those things then next on the list is more pvp options and a GRITTY x-pack :)
Reply Quote
I know im beating a dead horse here but does anyone else feel that d3 could be a fantastic game if they just added some depth in itemization. Possibly make the white items that drop worth something? Or is this something they are saving for the expansion, ie runewords socketed items? D2 just felt like it had way more itemization. Blizzard i think you could make a few tweeks and viola the game would be awesome. It has such great potential.

Please stop working on asthetics (stupid dyes) and start working on game depth. In d2 you had to use the arreat summit to find the crafting/rune patterns. Blizzard promised an "arreat summit" like website for us to go to but, in this game you dont need it.

The game seems to be all layed out in front of you. The game rating is for 18yo correct? Please add some depth, i dont need to be coddled like a child and shown what choices to make. This game just needs more itemization and less polish.

Compare the game now with the game at release.
Compare the game now with D2 at release.
Compare the game now with D2 after a decade of updates

Do you realise what you're doing exactly?

Also, talking about depths in a game that had the player do the exact same thing over and over...

Hell, people are talking about how they're bored to death of doing alkaizer run... In d2, they weren't even doing so many 'instances', it was just hell cow 24/7 or hell ball 24/7. Nothing else.

but d2 had depth, am i wrong?
Reply Quote
I think most of the complainers in D3 are just upset because they no longer feel invincible like in D2. D2 was much easier and not every class needs a high dps weapon. Most legendaries were usable in D2 because as a sorceress, I didn't need high dps weapons. All i need was +X to all skills items so even a level 30 SOJ was good at level 80. By the time I reach 60 or so, i could teleport almost indefinitely and plow through anything. IF D2 had inferno mode, it would not work. The weapon i used was the Oculus which only does 18-42 damage. It worked in D2 because Monster HP was really low. I was frustrated with D3 Inferno at first and even though I'm decently gear now, i still could die even at MP0 but that just adds another level of depth and challenge.

I was upset that D3 was not like D2 at first but after playing for a while, I do tend to agree with blizzards findings. There were really only 2-3 builds for most classes in D2 so there is really no need to skill points. The +X to skill damage were just replaced by + primary attributes or +X% damage. I really don't remember resist being much of a factor in D2 but D3 has more depth in a way because you have to worry about more attributes and have to worry about damage. I wasn't concern with life on hit attributes in D2 at all but in d3 its a big factor.

The one thing i do miss is the 8 player parties, D3's 4 players limit just doesn't have the same feel, hopefully this can be addressed when team death map comes out. Also the maps feels bigger in d2.

Also, in D2, i think legendary drop rates was much worst in D3. The only reason I was only able to afford legendaries was due to people selling duped items. It tank the market.
Edited by DragonFury#1824 on 1/28/2013 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 11:21 AMPosted by njkk
There was nothing wrong with the itemization. the problem was they doubled legendary drop rate.

Oh I'm sorry...does the increase in fun cut into your profits? Get bent.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 11:24 AMPosted by LimitBreak
D2 was much easier

Fail!!!!
Reply Quote
View profile
01/28/2013 05:40 AMPosted by Pirt
d3 could learn some things about itemization from PoE. I know PoE has its flaws but, the itemization they got spot on.

In that literally everything has a socket? Oh yeah, there's some depth. "Oh look! Another piece of armor with sockets! This is not only realistic, it doesn't desensitize me at all to finding items with sockets."

Please....
Reply Quote

This is a feature players have requested repeatedly. Who are you to decide which community requests should be ignored?

I'm not saying they should not work on dyes, but i think they should prioritize the important things first ie core game properties like itemization. Im sure im speaking for the masses when i say i would rather have a complete playable game, rather than worry about asthetics.

Dyes are a quick fix, as compared to the entire planning, coding, testing, and implementing stages of even a minor game-play tweak.

Heck, they already said that legendary dyes have to get worked on by the ART DEPARTMENT which are NOT the people coding the game.

Additionally, with this or any other game, not all of the developers are working on the same thing. Do you seriously think that the entire D3 team is working on dyes and won't tackle other problems until that's done? Of course not. The majority of the devs are probably working in groups on specific areas that are far more important, but SOMEONE is always going to get the easy job because it has to be done too.

I am so sick of whiny entitled babies on this forum who don't understand how game development works and how long these changes can take. Go read a book about it so you can actually have an informed opinion before posting.
Reply Quote

I'm not saying they should not work on dyes, but i think they should prioritize the important things first ie core game properties like itemization. Im sure im speaking for the masses when i say i would rather have a complete playable game, rather than worry about asthetics.

Dyes are a quick fix, as compared to the entire planning, coding, testing, and implementing stages of even a minor game-play tweak.

Heck, they already said that legendary dyes have to get worked on by the ART DEPARTMENT which are NOT the people coding the game.

Additionally, with this or any other game, not all of the developers are working on the same thing. Do you seriously think that the entire D3 team is working on dyes and won't tackle other problems until that's done? Of course not. The majority of the devs are probably working in groups on specific areas that are far more important, but SOMEONE is always going to get the easy job because it has to be done too.

I am so sick of whiny entitled babies on this forum who don't understand how game development works and how long these changes can take. Go read a book about it so you can actually have an informed opinion before posting.

I don't think you understand what the word "entitled" means.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 05:46 AMPosted by pcjunkie
d3 could learn some things about itemization from PoE. I know PoE had its flaws but, the itemization that got spot on.

Combine parts of POE and D3 and you would have one hell of an ARPG...to play for a loooong time.

Or just play PoE. What does D3 bring to the table that's worth combining? Is it the Diablo name that you are so attached to?
Reply Quote

I don't think you understand what the word "entitled" means.

haha
Reply Quote
Hopefully the xpac brings alot more depth to this game.
Reply Quote
OP
I've played everything under the sun since 1995, and nothing comes close to PoE's character customization, it's stellar.
If blizz south realized just what rpg's are really capable of, d3 would become the most played game in pc history.
-
Diablo 3 already has solid combat & the best game engines money can buy, let's hope they understand the power that thinking has on the player.
-
Thinking is the best fun you can have in an rpg, a game so pure, you contemplate your build & gear ideas even when you're at work.
I'm hoping by 1.1 they will have addressed key depth issues in a large way.
gl hf

A+ addition to this thread, i used to sit at work and think about d2. I dont do that with d3. This is exactly the point im trying to get across.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]