Diablo® III

The state of Blizzard Entertainment, honest opinions

Blizzard is not the company that it once represented. I have enjoyed all blizzard titles since inception. I am a 31 year old gamer that has played video games all my life spanning all the early pc/console cycles to current gen PC. Blizzard has sold out period. the day they decided to focus attention on cornering the market and mass profit mechanisms is when the decline commenced.

Blizzard has sunken into the realm of corporate mentality profit driven ego centric elitists. The disconnect between Blizz upper management and their consumers has become ENORMOUS. Blizz simply spins issues in a light that seems logical and interesting and executes them completely different. From your awful WoW built in customer support system prerendering generic ticket responses, to your D3 CMs with their "damage control PR mode vanilla non fact revealing" responses on these forums--the lack of transparency is crippling.

You people decided to take the greedy road over the road of quality competant games. I saw a lot of this nonsense when activision got their hands in. Bobby Kotick is textbook for "mass profit mechanism snake oil salesman" style games. I understand you are in it for profit--but the line must be drawn somewhere. Less worry about shareholder quarterly statements and more on QUALITY game /franchise improvements would go a long way. Seek our feedback instead of the "ignore and redirect complete media blackout" campaign you love to use so often. Maybe then you can revive your diehard fans and re-gain the respectand admiration this community once had for the company!

**All the information that I listed is my own opinion. I do not want blizzard to fail, I WANT THEM TO SUCCEED! However, I feel that if drastic measures are not taken then blizzard's consumers will eventually see the disconnect/greed and simply stop buying their products.
Reply Quote
Wheres mah tinfoil hat at
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 11:09 AMPosted by CrimsonMansn
Wheres mah tinfoil hat at

[overusage of trendy, internet jargen] crits us all for 576,998 physical

regem originality
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I agree Blizzard is not the same company it was when WoW was released, actually after the TBC expansion is when i felt that blizzard as a company has started to decline.
Reply Quote
Blizzard has sold out period. the day they decided to focus attention on cornering the market and mass profit mechanisms is when the decline commenced.

Blizzard has always done this. They have always released games with low hardware requirements to make it so everyone can play their games. They take an existing genre, dumb it down and focus on smoothness of the interface/comat and try to appeal to the most players possible. This has been my complaint about Blizzard since the first time I played one of their games. This system really works when people are happy with their game but doesn't seem to when people aren't happy.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHcVNAuFK1Y
Reply Quote

Blizzard has always done this. They have always released games with low hardware requirements to make it so everyone can play their games. They take an existing genre, dumb it down and focus on smoothness of the interface/comat and try to appeal to the most players possible. This has been my complaint about Blizzard since the first time I played one of their games. This system really works when people are happy with their game but doesn't seem to when people aren't happy.

have they always done this or just since the activision injection?

Always.

I've been playing their games since WC2 and this has always been how their games were built. Diablo I was built like this, SC was, WoW was etc.
Reply Quote
Blizzard is now a place where kids n casuals frequent. Gamers hate how stupid everything not sc2 has become.
Even this "m" rated game feels like it was made for small children, not adults.

agreed--MOP was marketed to capture the pre-pubescant "farmville" demographic lol
Reply Quote
Your old and your moving on, it is okay just stop looking for someone to blame, I got over it also.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]