Diablo® III

The state of Blizzard Entertainment, honest opinions

As simple as this, I bought SC2 on release day and preordered D3. That will not happen again and I'm sure there are many many more who feel the same way.
Reply Quote

**All the information that I listed is my own opinion. I do not want blizzard to fail, I WANT THEM TO SUCCEED! However, I feel that if drastic measures are not taken then blizzard's consumers will eventually see the disconnect/greed and simply stop buying their products.

While I agree quality should be more important, this part is false. The games will always be bought simply because of the model and the mass appeal. Think of the crappy apps on phones that had little effort put into them that still can get plenty of money (not to say Blizzard makes crappy games). Plenty of people will gladly pay for entertainment, especially if it's cheap. **I'm sure this will get me flamed but** Think of Call of Duty, people will gladly shell out $60 for crap - as long as it's a distraction, and is publicized enough.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 10:11 AMPosted by Zaxxon23
honestly though if i remember right there was a d2 ladder season once where it started with 80% bots maybe more and they reset the ladder and did a ban on the bots extreamly early. I could be wrong but if i am correct about this what does that say about their view on bots in d3?

This is actually a topic of interest to me, because I play completely legit (I don't even use legal exploits) and bots are a huge turnoff to me.

In hindsight, I see the reason why we have such a bot problem is two-fold. First, it's way to easy to bot gold for ever and ever. Second, MP levels decreased the difficulty so dramatically, and you can find every piece of gear this game has to offer on MP0. That makes botting for items super easy not to mention thousands of times more efficient than what a player can do.

In order to combat bots the game needs to be designed specifically with bots in mind. That means you can't have a currency like gold. Currency needs to stay item-based and have multiple levels of progression. Of course, that doesn't stop bots from botting at lower/mid-tier levels, so randomization is a huge part of the game as well. Each map needs to be randomly generated with 100s of different combinations, and bosses/superuniques need to spawn in lots of different places. Although this would go a long ways towards stopping bots, I'm thinking there would need to be even more put in place such as captchas (which I HATE with a fervent passion).

you sir is talking about PoE...they have all of that, the goldless economy, random maps and mob spawns, etc. they just dont have captchas
Reply Quote
I wonder if this post is gonna get eventually deleted... this has close to 0 trollin going on (no srsly) but in all regards this has some sort of a "negative"connotation towards the company and we know the forums are run with almost 0 tolerance towards anything that criticizes anything they do in the slightest.
If this post gets deleted , it would be safe to suggest that the forums are run with a totalitarian mindset, thus ,only pro-d3 or pro-blizzard posts are allowed..and anyone else is either deleted of banned

there was a thread "would you buy d3 expansion" it was deleted in 5 mins.

way to go !@#$ blizzard, way to be big brother, way to suppress the opinions of your community.
Reply Quote
My honest opinion is that Blizzard has moved too far in their emphasis in making money. This shift saddens me greatly.

I get companies want to make money, but there is a balancing act of product quality, community goodwill, and profitability. Blizzard has shifted too far in its grab for money above all else. Look at: Diablo 3's poor quality, rushed release; the buy-me-three-times approach for SC2; and I'm sure one storylines of Titanic will be how much innovation Blizzard has shown in revenue streams.

The souring of the community around the Diablo 3 debacle should give Blizzard pause. Yes, Diablo 3 sold millions of copies, but don't you get the sense that what really sold was the promise of the franchise, from Diablo 1 and 2? I bought D3 because D2 was great. Will I buy D4 because D3 was great? Likely not.

I feel Blizzard should follow the path of Square Enix and the comparable mess of FF14. Square Enix has shown all the appropriate, responsible, honest, and ethical behaviors in their response and there's a sense their actions will be redemptive and restorative. Blizzard? Nothing of the sort. So far, all we have is Rob Pardo's post on how much fun he, his friends, and family have playing Diablo 3.

For Diablo 3, I can only hope that the on-going community outrage, poor user ratings, and a complete absence of any game-of-the-year honors (seriously, did this game win anything?) is getting someone's attention at Blizzard. Not just anyone, but someone with the courage to stop counting their money, and think hard about the long-term importance to Blizzard of a producing high-quality products that are overwhelmingly entertaining.
Edited by WaitWhat#1505 on 1/24/2013 12:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
Blizzard has sunken into the realm of corporate mentality profit driven

Last I heard Activision/Blizzard was a business that intends to make a profit. They are not a charity! I had some ATVI stock and it did very well.

Hoperfully they will still make profit.

PS If people didnt like the game they would not of bought it...and others continue to buy it!!

http://seekingalpha.com/article/809841-diablo-3-shows-why-video-game-companies-are-risky-investments

If you did own Acti-Blizz shares you only came out ahead by betting it would fail.
Or you are a complete liar.

TLDR;

Acti-Blizz shares continue to drop to this day, your fanboy bullshiz doesn't cut the mustard in the real world.

Acti-Blizz makes bad games, and share price suffers. Kotick and co. will keep CODing out the releases until the writing is on the wall, then they will all cash out and Blizzard will just be another Rare... THQ... etc..
Edited by SoL#1514 on 1/24/2013 12:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I agree.
Reply Quote
As long as people continue to find honest enjoyment. than it is a successful company. That's really all there is to it. People continue to enjoy WoW, Diablo, SC etc. thus it fuels the company. does that make us stupid consumers? does that make the company evil? I really don't see it. that's just MY opinion.
Reply Quote
Back in the day, their fans/customers were listened to. They were a hungry dev, wanting to make the best games ever: fighting tooth and nail to make their mark. And so they did.

Now they are just feeding off their franchises and making mediocre sequels, banking on selling by name only.

Then there's fact that WoW made them so much money that they have become fat, rich, and yet another uncaring super power in the gaming industry where their word is law above all else. Gamers are nothing more than stupid bovines to be milked and lead by the nose. We can thank Activision for that mentality, I guess.

Instead of making games for the gamers, Blizzard now makes games to please suits and shareholders? Seems like it to me....

Profit first, game second. Used to be the other way around.
Edited by fixit#1698 on 1/24/2013 3:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/20/2013 11:15 AMPosted by Montford
I agree Blizzard is not the same company it was when WoW was released, actually after the TBC expansion is when i felt that blizzard as a company has started to decline.

This and I feel that far to often they take a "We know what's best and what you want more than you do" stance on things. I can recall several things over the years that have been pointed out as flaws or issues, especially in wow and it falls on deaf ears. They keep us at arm's length and treat everyone as if we are 5 yrs old and have no idea what we are talking about when you bring up issues that you see as pertinent. IMHO that's the worse thing any company can do, ignore your customers and expect them to just take what you give without ever considering what it is they are asking you for. My 2 cents.
Reply Quote
View profile
I will never pay for another blizz game before the user reviews of metacritic or amazon.com turns out. Seems like living off past success and genius is their business plan (and sometimes sh1ting on guys who built it like Jay did) not turning out exceptional games.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 04:15 AMPosted by Aimless
I will never pay for another blizz game before the user reviews of metacritic or amazon.com turns out. Seems like living off past success and genius is their business plan (and sometimes sh1ting on guys who built it like Jay did) not turning out exceptional games.

Hey boy ! YOu already payed them for D3. .And you spent 1000+ hours within that game..

Congratulation to greatest investment of your miserable life..
Reply Quote
View profile
Back in the day, their fans/customers were listened to. They were a hungry dev, wanting to make the best games ever: fighting tooth and nail to make their mark. And so they did.

Now they are just feeding off their franchises and making mediocre sequels, banking on selling by name only.

Then there's fact that WoW made them so much money that they have become fat, rich, and yet another uncaring super power in the gaming industry where their word is law above all else. Gamers are nothing more than stupid bovines to be milked and lead by the nose. We can thank Activision for that mentality, I guess.

Instead of making games for the gamers, Blizzard now makes games to please suits and shareholders? Seems like it to me....

i dont see how that model is sustainable diablo 4 might not even see light of day cuz they know the succes of a game is not measured how well it sells, but how well the sequel can potentially sell. With huge user negative reactions they know they have problem they are not dumb.
Reply Quote
View profile

Hey boy ! YOu already payed them for D3. .And you spent 1000+ hours within that game..

Congratulation to greatest investment of your miserable life..

play other games way more than D3. dont project just cos ur a scrub who fails at everything some of us get s1t done quick. plus i made a ton of money off this game didnt cost me anything.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/24/2013 5:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Things change....Blizzard want to keep its "grand" style, but currently people love hats more than lore.
Reply Quote

this is generally my consensus as well. I hope they change their way of thinking and return to Blizz of old because that would be amazing.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Blizzard hasn't changed. Your expectations have.

I don't understand people who waste their time posting on forums to games they say they don't like and don't play. There are literally thousands of games out there, move on to one you do like.

What exactly is the point of spamming forums with hate posts to a game you don't like and a company you hold in contempt?

Very strange and a huge waste of energy.

Personally I think Blizzard's biggest problem these days is listening to the ranting and ravings of consumers who if they were as smart as they pretend to be, would have already created the perfect game on their own by now.

Pick up the pieces of your shattered life and move on to a new game.
Edited by Cyberdan#1515 on 1/24/2013 7:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
People just get old and grumpy.
Reply Quote
I haven't noticed any change in the overall quality of Blizzard's games. They're still as good as ever. If anything, I prefer their newer releases to their older games.

Keep up the good work, Blizzard. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]