Diablo® III

The state of Blizzard Entertainment, honest opinions

Blizzard hasn't changed. Your expectations have.
I don't understand people who waste their time posting on forums to games they say they don't like and don't play. There are literally thousands of games out there, move on to one you do like.

What exactly is the point of spamming forums with hate posts to a game you don't like and a company you hold in contempt?

Very strange and a huge waste of energy.

Personally I think Blizzard's biggest problem these days is listening to the ranting and ravings of consumers who if they were as smart as they pretend to be, would have already created the perfect game on their own by now.

Pick up the pieces of your shattered life and move on to a new game.

fail troll kid.
Reply Quote
POOOOOOOOE!
Reply Quote
I have been around since Blizzard was formed. The reason they suceeded before is that they made good games and listened to their fans and the fans then purchased the games in record numbers which let Blizzard make more and better games with the profits. But it only takes one bad apple to sour the bunch. I was alway told that if someone doesn't like something they will tell 10 others but if they like it they will only tell 2. Diablo 3 is the black mark that Blizzard and Diablo fans will not soon forget. The problem is that Blizzard is not listening and will not fix the game. Farming is an endless boring attempt to get good drops that are just not there. Blizzard insists to have the AH be the place to get your equipment and not with good drops. Balanced characters are also a thing of the past as high dps is all anyone trys to get anymore. Armor, resistance, and vitality mean next to nothing. You can spend millions trying to make good equipment with the recepe's you find but that doesn't work either as I have even seen 5 attributes on a 6 attribute recepe and again all are garbage. Blizzard start listening and fix this game before the fans make you history!
Reply Quote
It seems they may have actually listened to their community!! look at the new blue post...

"Ask the Devs" series was just released!!

maybe a little transparency???? Im stoked!!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8520755/
Reply Quote
Once WoW came out, esp. as it grew to be this huge success, things really went downhill IMO. You rarely ever see a "real" post from a developer. Every single one probably goes through 10 people before it's approved to be posted on the forums. This is the opposite end of the spectrum of a game like League of Legends, a monster game in its own right, where there staff post constantly and seem to be encouraged to do so.
Reply Quote
It seems they may have actually listened to their community!! look at the new blue post...

"Ask the Devs" series was just released!!

maybe a little transparency???? Im stoked!!

I wouldn't get my hopes up. The format of those ask the dev things is extremely flawed, and whether or not you get good questions and good answers is a coin flip.
Reply Quote
I still think the quality Blizzard puts out is amazing... and allowing their games to be played on such a wide range of computers is fantastic. Not everyone can spend $400 on a gpu for the most awesome game to look incredible.
Reply Quote
D3 revolves around the concept of "pay to win"

thats what made the game fail..
Reply Quote
I am a 31 year old gamer myself and have been through gaming all my life starting with Atari. I work for a fortune 500 company and when sales are down with losses then things need to change. Blizzard has costs too that they have to worry about, along with investor's money. If they are not producing at the level the investors want to see then that's when layoffs start or other changes start happening *cough* Jay Wilson *cough*.

Huge companies like Blizzard are in the gaming market to make money. That's probably their number one goal, to drive profits to make investors happy. However, in order to make the investors and higher management staff happy then you need to make the players happy as that's where the money is coming from. If you do not see the money rolling in then there is a problem and things need to change. Any fortune 500 company can tell you this along with business 101.

Make the majority of players happy and you will succeed Blizzard.

The real questions is "How?" Well, that's where I would like to see upper management get involved with the community here and take feedback from people. You can even create polls from time to time or create a question poll each week on the main D3 site. Send email polls, or list polls though other sites. Polls are decent but I would like to see more of upper management get involved with the community. I remember seeing weeks without responses on quality type of thread conversations.
Edited by Sc0rpius#1402 on 1/24/2013 4:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Normally I would agree and chime in because I really felt cheated after Diablo 3 and Cataclysm expansion of WoW. But MOP changed my mind. MoP is probably the most polished and well executed WoW expansion ever, even better than Wrath. So, I still have hope that Blizz can make greatness but still cautious and won't jump in without trying anything (I got 10 days free time for MoP and that's how I got into it).
Reply Quote
Whiners or wieners?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/24/2013 04:35 PMPosted by Atramentum
Normally I would agree and chime in because I really felt cheated after Diablo 3 and Cataclysm expansion of WoW. But MOP changed my mind. MoP is probably the most polished and well executed WoW expansion ever, even better than Wrath. So, I still have hope that Blizz can make greatness but still cautious and won't jump in without trying anything (I got 10 days free time for MoP and that's how I got into it).

I beg to differ.

MoP was terrible in my eyes.

Sure it was pretty, but they gave all the casuals everything they ever wanted.

From every skill being locked out to one spec, to farming stupid dalies, the game is just crap now.

Its an old game, it was good for the first 6 years, its just drawn out, and they're milking it.

I bought the MoP CE and everything.

When patch 5.0 hit, i knew i made a mistake.

They took my main class (warlock) and dumbed it down to accept the brain capacity of a 12 year old child.

Everyone and their grandma now plays a Warlock. So no, i have to disagree.
Edited by Shaunaxo#1574 on 1/24/2013 5:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
I bought this game the first week it came out in May of 12, and have played off and on for many months. My only beef is that I have gotten drops from 2 of the bosses for keys, but for the life of me cannot get the key from the third act to drop after 15-20 unsuccessful attempts on lvl 0 or 1 for MP. The game is no longer fun if I cannot build stuff with the Infernal Machine and I will be spending much less time online.
Reply Quote
I think that the players themselves are also to blame. look at all the play to win players in this game. people are paying money for items in a game only to save time and not playing the game as it should be played. it's because of ego maniacs dumbxxxx like them bliz become so greedy.
everyone wants to make a profit and they should but I agree with you 100% on everything you wrote but it's not all bliz's fault that pay to win players are to blame big time. who ever heard about a buying option in a grinding game? if people don't wanna grind don't play the damn game. The sad part is that those players think they are real players and know how to play.
Reply Quote
46 Goblin Shaman
01/24/2013 09:12 AMPosted by Technoviking
fail troll kid.

You might've just played a game you liked, instead of, you know, ranting on the boards of a company you don't like.

it's like this:

if you don't like someone in the school playground, you don't play with them and move on to someone you do like and play with them.

So your being here doesn't make any sense.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 10:02 PMPosted by Molotov
fail troll kid.

You might've just played a game you liked, instead of, you know, ranting on the boards of a company you don't like.

it's like this:

if you don't like someone in the school playground, you don't play with them and move on to someone you do like and play with them.

So your being here doesn't make any sense.

Maybe you should re read the post. I clearly said I LIKE blizzard. I enjoy the games they make immensely. I took issue with the direction of the company as of late. The planar shift that has happened. The lack of community involvement and the lack of transparency. If you took this discussion as simply a "rant" towards a company I "don't like" then your reading comprehension skills are as bad as your trolling.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]