Diablo® III

The state of Blizzard Entertainment, honest opinions

@Shadowaegis...I can't understand what you are even saying man. What is it with you and lemons rofl. kindly exit the discussion since you have nothing of value to add, except lemons.

@familia..nice troll bro
Reply Quote
you must be annual pass fodder. you seem very mad bro ^^
Reply Quote
Blizzard is still one of the best developers out there. Have they made mistakes with DiabloIII? We all know the answer to that. But they do care enough to keep working at it. I don't know any other company that continues to support their games for as long as Blizzard does.

Valve would be the closest, but still fall short of Blizzard in that respect. I really think revamping the skill system in D3 would fix the game for the most part.

Allow us a skill tree that lets us invest points into skills to make them more powerful (ala. D2)
and redo the Skill Runes, then allow 2 runes on each skill... so we can customize our builds more.

You pretty much nailed the problems with D3 in 2 simple sentences, and how issues players are having could be solved.

The game generates gear which provides the boost to damage and ehp the character needs to survive/advance in the game.

Skills are static and once unlocked, only provide a different means of delivering that said amount of damage.

This will never change thou as long as a RMAH is tied to the game, and gear is sold for real money.
Reply Quote
World of Warcraft is still good. You should play a panda it will make you happy :D. Starcraft is also fairly balanced. If it wasn't for D3 I would say Blizzard is a phenomenal company.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 04:36 PMPosted by Heyhello88
World of Warcraft is still good. You should play a panda it will make you happy :D. Starcraft is also fairly balanced. If it wasn't for D3 I would say Blizzard is a phenomenal company.

wow is still good? lol what game have you been playing and for how long? pandaland is a farmville sim designed to attract the young demographic and asians. wow has been bad for some time now. recycled raid content, progressive dumbing down of everything that used to mean something/took a time investment, unbalanced PVP centered around 1 or 2 FOTM op classes for patch/nerf cycles. sorry man i disagree. I played wow since vanilla and it unfortunately has reached its breaking point. let my sub end. If you enjoy it atm then power to you man
Edited by Technoviking#1999 on 1/21/2013 4:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Activision destroyed blizzard.

The first guy who invested in blizzard said to them "I`ll just pour the money in, u guys keep doing whatever u were doing cuz u were doing it the rght way"

This is what the investor said to Mike and his gang at blizzard. Blockbuster after blockbuster they made amazing games, until activision came in. From that point on blizz started its downfall.
Edited by Viper#1140 on 1/21/2013 4:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
still the top video game company. d3 rules the haters dont.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 04:44 PMPosted by darkthrone

Blizzard is still a great video game company. I did enjoy D3 for what it is, or i wouldn't have put 700 odd hours into it like I did over the last 7 months.

But to come into a thread and say D3 rules the haters don't, is being blindly naive at best.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 04:52 PMPosted by Kizmatti

Blizzard is still a great video game company. I did enjoy D3 for what it is, or i wouldn't have put 700 odd hours into it like I did over the last 7 months.

But to come into a thread and say D3 rules the haters don't, is being blindly naive at best.

nah spending 700 hours in a game then bashing it is naive. sorry.
Reply Quote
So then you really believe that Activision told Blizz to make sure that this game sucks lemons. So a game that sucks lemons would sell millions. I mean one that was designed to suck lemons. Also why did Blizz bother to fix this game?

That is because unlike most companies that would cut and run after they got a huge profits. Blizz is continually fixing and improving their games. That is their hallmark, because as Mike has said Blizz has never released a perfect game. Jay and IIRC even his crew agreed that Blizz is in it for the long haul.

you missed my points. I was referring to blizz as a whole entity--not d3 specific only. I am concerned with the direction they are heading as a company.

Why the hell would anyone be emotionally invested in a corporation?
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Technoviking
wow is still good? lol what game have you been playing and for how long? pandaland is a farmville sim designed to attract the young demographic and asians. wow has been bad for some time now. recycled raid content, progressive dumbing down of everything that used to mean something/took a time investment, unbalanced PVP centered around 1 or 2 FOTM op classes for patch/nerf cycles. sorry man i disagree. I played wow since vanilla and it unfortunately has reached its breaking point. let my sub end. If you enjoy it atm then power to you man

You don't know what your talking about and you got serious nostalgia. PVP has never been balanced. Every season has had FOTM combos, but at least in MOP there are more viable combos then in any other season. As for pokemon and farmville, I don't like it either, but it's there as an option for those who do so I'm not hating. I think it is a good thing that blizzard is adding alternatives for those who don't want to raid or arena.

What do you have against asians and young people..? :-(
Reply Quote

You don't know what your talking about and you got serious nostalgia. PVP has never been balanced. Every season has had FOTM combos, but at least in MOP there are more viable combos then in any other season. As for pokemon and farmville, I don't like it either, but it's there as an option for those who do so I'm not hating. I think it is a good thing that blizzard is adding alternatives for those who don't want to raid or arena.

What do you have against asians and young people..? :-(

how can you NOT have nostalgia from fond memories of a game that was once amazing--yet slowly decayed to a mass profit mechanism. I have nothing against the young people and asians. I was stating a fact as to what demographic MOP was marketed towards. ok lets not derail too bad here
Edited by Technoviking#1999 on 1/21/2013 5:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 05:18 PMPosted by Technoviking
how can you NOT have nostalgia from fond memories of a game that was once amazing--yet slowly decayed to a mass profit mechanism. I have nothing against the young people and asians. I was stating a fact as to what demographic MOP was marketed towards. ok lets not derail too bad here

My memory of "Vanilla" were 40 man raids that probably less than 5% of the population could even participate end. A game where the vast majority of casuals (including myself) had nothing to look forward to.

O yah. Btw, you were probably young when you were playing "vanilla."
Edited by Heyhello88#1752 on 1/21/2013 5:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 05:44 PMPosted by Heyhello88

My memory of "Vanilla" were 40 man raids that probably less than 5% of the population could even participate end. A game where the vast majority of casuals (including myself) had nothing to look forward to.
O yah. Btw, you were probably young when you were playing "vanilla."

Most of those 40 mans were just people getting carried by 10-20 people. Lets not make this about wow though this thread is about how blizzard has become, but as an example what was your memory of customer service in vanilla compared to cata and/or mop. They got use to the money and now greed drives them more than pleasing their community.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]