Diablo® III

The state of Blizzard Entertainment, honest opinions

100 Undead Rogue
01/21/2013 08:51 AMPosted by Arobee
Blizzard started to decline when they turned Warcraft into an MMORPG. Huge mistake made there, the expansions were mistakes, and they kept on that same track when they made SC2 and D3. The release of World of Warcraft marked the time when Blizzard decided they didn't care about what the customer wanted any more and only cared about their wallets. I will never play WoW because it's not Blizzard, that's not the kind of game Blizzard is known for, and honestly neither are SC2 or D3. D3 has potential, but they're going to have to work themselves to the bone to REALLY fix it. SC2 is a lost cause, as is WoW. I'd like to see Blizzard return to their former glory, when they were a GOOD company that cared about their customers and made good games.

Every single thing you said in this post is opinion. Opinions are not facts.

"the kind of game Blizzard is known for" is really a closed minded way of looking at it. It's like saying BMW should stop making bikes because they are known for cars.

Branching out is what companies do, especially gaming companies. If Blizzard would have stuck with strictly RTS games they would not be near the company they are now, because RTS are not as big of a market as MMOs are, and believe it or not, they make games for other people than you.
Reply Quote
I don´t like your post.
Reply Quote

"the kind of game Blizzard is known for" is really a closed minded way of looking at it. It's like saying BMW should stop making bikes because they are known for cars.

What?

Blizzard made diablo 1 and 2 both great games. why should diablo 3 be terrible?
Reply Quote
All things relative.

Perhaps the generation is getting older, hence perspective has changed.

01/20/2013 11:03 AMPosted by Technoviking
Blizzard has sold out period.

P.S A comma here would differentiate between blizzard no longer selling the remnants of menstruation, and making a case in point...
Reply Quote
I was wondering ... Why Starcraft II became a sucess and still have many players around the world enjoying the game ?

Why Diablo III became so boring and every day that pass, more and more gamers stop to play the game, even those that were fans of the original concept in Diablo ?

I am still playing because I intend to finish Inferno with all classes, just this. I'm not playing based on AH or Paragon Level or waiting for a PvP in 1.07. After that purpose, LOGOUT for a long long time ...
Reply Quote
Blizzard is not the company that it once represented. I have enjoyed all blizzard titles since inception. I am a 31 year old gamer that has played video games all my life spanning all the early pc/console cycles to current gen PC. Blizzard has sold out period. the day they decided to focus attention on cornering the market and mass profit mechanisms is when the decline commenced.

Blizzard has sunken into the realm of corporate mentality profit driven ego centric elitists. The disconnect between Blizz upper management and their consumers has become ENORMOUS. Blizz simply spins issues in a light that seems logical and interesting and executes them completely different. From your awful WoW built in customer support system prerendering generic ticket responses, to your D3 CMs with their "damage control PR mode vanilla non fact revealing" responses on these forums--the lack of transparency is crippling.

You people decided to take the greedy road over the road of quality competant games. I saw a lot of this nonsense when activision got their hands in. Bobby Kotick is textbook for "mass profit mechanism snake oil salesman" style games. I understand you are in it for profit--but the line must be drawn somewhere. Less worry about shareholder quarterly statements and more on QUALITY game /franchise improvements would go a long way. Seek our feedback instead of the "ignore and redirect complete media blackout" campaign you love to use so often. Maybe then you can revive your diehard fans and re-gain the respectand admiration this community once had for the company!

**All the information that I listed is my own opinion. I do not want blizzard to fail, I WANT THEM TO SUCCEED! However, I feel that if drastic measures are not taken then blizzard's consumers will eventually see the disconnect/greed and simply stop buying their products.

Are you just complaining about D3 terrible release?

Starcraft 2 made a pretty good release, It didn't come with terrible B.net issues, and to top it off, It was more or less a rock-solid game. I still enjoy playin though the SP missions.
What i get out of this is "1 mistake from a great company = terrible excuse of a company"
Reply Quote
Blizzard is not the company that it once represented. I have enjoyed all blizzard titles since inception. I am a 31 year old gamer that has played video games all my life spanning all the early pc/console cycles to current gen PC. Blizzard has sold out period. the day they decided to focus attention on cornering the market and mass profit mechanisms is when the decline commenced.

Blizzard has sunken into the realm of corporate mentality profit driven ego centric elitists. The disconnect between Blizz upper management and their consumers has become ENORMOUS. Blizz simply spins issues in a light that seems logical and interesting and executes them completely different. From your awful WoW built in customer support system prerendering generic ticket responses, to your D3 CMs with their "damage control PR mode vanilla non fact revealing" responses on these forums--the lack of transparency is crippling.

You people decided to take the greedy road over the road of quality competant games. I saw a lot of this nonsense when activision got their hands in. Bobby Kotick is textbook for "mass profit mechanism snake oil salesman" style games. I understand you are in it for profit--but the line must be drawn somewhere. Less worry about shareholder quarterly statements and more on QUALITY game /franchise improvements would go a long way. Seek our feedback instead of the "ignore and redirect complete media blackout" campaign you love to use so often. Maybe then you can revive your diehard fans and re-gain the respectand admiration this community once had for the company!

**All the information that I listed is my own opinion. I do not want blizzard to fail, I WANT THEM TO SUCCEED! However, I feel that if drastic measures are not taken then blizzard's consumers will eventually see the disconnect/greed and simply stop buying their products.

Are you just complaining about D3 terrible release?

Starcraft 2 made a pretty good release, It didn't come with terrible B.net issues, and to top it off, It was more or less a rock-solid game. I still enjoy playin though the SP missions.
What i get out of this is "1 mistake from a great company = terrible excuse of a company"

Is that all you really got from this thread? compalining about d3? These issues I raised are Blizz specific not game specfific. re-read the post next time before making such poor statements
Reply Quote

What?

Last generation the BMW 7 series was heavily criticized for its styling. Turns out it was the best selling 7 series ever by a large margin and one of it's most criticized styling cues is pretty common now on cars today.
Reply Quote
Blizzard has sunken into the realm of corporate mentality profit driven ego centric elitists

Every company has to be profit driven unless it is a charity or government funded. It's okay to criticize some of Blizzard's decision but outright condemnation simply reveals your own biases and immaturity. A lot of people have voiced their unhappiness with D3 and Blizzard already knows this. If more such threads come up, I'm tempted to keep coming in and criticize the OP who come up with such stupid threads.

IMO the people who are most unhappy with Blizzard are botters and even legit players whose main reason for playing is to farm enough to pay their rent or whatever. Go elsewhere to earn your living. I am so happy that Blizzard banned many botters and macro users' accounts.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 09:10 AMPosted by Technoviking
I find it offensive to let companies take advantage and prey off their consumers like this. You seem to accept it as everyday way of the world common practice. Where is this world going if this aggressive, slimy, mass profit-centric mentality dominates the marketplace? this cannot be sustainable. Can others not see this???

Why don't you go find companies which are not interested in making profits but more customer focused and support these companies? Let us know which companies those are and what games they offer and the rest of us can support the games too.... IF we like the game.
Reply Quote

You people decided to take the greedy road over the road of quality competent games. I saw a lot of this nonsense when activision got their hands in. Bobby Kotick is textbook for "mass profit mechanism snake oil salesman" style games. I understand you are in it for profit--but the line must be drawn somewhere. Less worry about shareholder quarterly statements and more on QUALITY game /franchise improvements would go a long way. Seek our feedback instead of the "ignore and redirect complete media blackout" campaign you love to use so often. Maybe then you can revive your diehard fans and re-gain the respect and admiration this community once had for the company!

I couldn't have worded it better than that (include the edit part too.)
The only different is that I am 3 years older than the OP.
He just told exactly what's in my mind.
Reply Quote
Wholeheartedly agree. I am also around the same age, and i cant believe how accurately this post was. I have had this exact same sentiment in the back of my mind since diablo 3 came out.
Reply Quote
It's become style over substance.

Case and point, Diablo III story line.

Even the StarCraft II story was ruined by poor writing and poor character development.

I am seriously considering boycotting Blizzard after the lolfest that was Diablo III's "deep" story and "richly" crafted lore.

This company is appealing more to 12 year olds than core gamers.
Reply Quote
I do not want blizzard to fail, I WANT THEM TO SUCCEED!
Reply Quote
The company has been corrupted by Activision's greed and unimaginative designers. Period.
Reply Quote

What?

D3 is better than D2 by a long shot, it took an expansion to make D2 more than a steaming pile. That is why he says it is just opinion. D1 was a great game, D2 was a failure at release. WC3 was awful. WoW is the best game Blizzard has made.

Blizzards reputation wasn't really earned even back when it was crystal clear. SC was pretty awful until the expansion, D2 wasn't good until the expansion. WC3 in general was a cruddy game. None of these games came out as polished as people want to pretend they did and Blizzard made the games for the masses to make money, not with love and care and nothing else.
Reply Quote

... WC3 was awful. WoW is the best game Blizzard has made...

SC was pretty awful until the expansion, D2 wasn't good until the expansion. WC3 in general was a cruddy game.

What?!?! Now this is some crazy opinion. I'm just gonna pretend like I didn't read those claims
Reply Quote

What?

D3 is better than D2 by a long shot, it took an expansion to make D2 more than a steaming pile. That is why he says it is just opinion. D1 was a great game, D2 was a failure at release. WC3 was awful. WoW is the best game Blizzard has made.

Blizzards reputation wasn't really earned even back when it was crystal clear. SC was pretty awful until the expansion, D2 wasn't good until the expansion. WC3 in general was a cruddy game. None of these games came out as polished as people want to pretend they did and Blizzard made the games for the masses to make money, not with love and care and nothing else.

I'm going to have to step in and disagree about Warcraft 3. That game's battle.net platform and editor spawned several genres of games (well SC spawned them, but War3 made them into actual genres)... as in LoL, DOTA2, and every tower defense.
Reply Quote

I'm going to have to step in and disagree about Warcraft 3. That game's battle.net platform and editor spawned several genres of games (well SC spawned them, but War3 made them into actual genres)... as in LoL, DOTA2, and every tower defense.

LoL and DOTA are terrible games, just awful. I'd rather watch paint dry. Adding PvE to RTS is a bad idea. Making heroes overshadow everything else in an RTS is a bad idea. WC3 is one of the worst RTS I've ever played. Easily the worst popular game in the past 10 years is LoL, just a terrible, terrible game.
Edited by Ender#1738 on 1/22/2013 9:43 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]