Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Expansion Pack Ideas

Dear Blizzard Entertainment,

I have thoroughly enjoyed many aspects about Diablo 3. There are other things about it that I have not been so fond of (always online, AH, low drop rates, cookie cutter builds, no content beyond level 60, and a shallow unengaging story). The expansion can fix many things, it could be a way to reintroduce things from D2:LoD that are much needed. Rune words were one of the best and most unique feature the LoD itemization system had to offer.

Add in a couple of new classes, like the necromancer, or totally blow us out of the water with something new and unimagined. How about a renegade Demon with his own agenda? Or a morally ambiguous angel trying to find his footing in a universe filled with conflict. Most of the characters overt I am the hero and must always be a goody-two-shoes lacked any rpg aspects what so ever.

As far as story, make it more interactive. Give our character some choices in game, how about instead of always killing the villains and being the cut and dry "lightsider", why not give us the choice to aid the villains, or claim power for ourselves and our own purposes. An RPG should have some sort of choice.

Better and more engaging quests, with actual quest rewards, lets face it 16000 xp and 700 gold for a quest on inferno is laughable. In d2:LoD certain quest givers would reward you with rare rings and rune words, in TL2 the same is true, minus the rune words.

Randomized dungeons and world map randomization and a much larger open world are a must. Give us reason to pour hours exploring the map and dungeon diving, so that we aren't seeing the exact same Field of Misery with 10 hostile mobs, which leads to my next suggestion.

Enemy density on many maps was seriously lacking and left many maps feeling empty with little to kill. Greatly increase the enemy density. D2 constanly had wave of nasties for you to burn through.

I know the game series is called Diablo, but seriously in D3 he was he/she was comical at best. Bring back Lord Baal, and Mephisto their screen time has been limited, and frankly they are much more interesting than the Lord of Terror. I like Azmodan as well and found myself rooting for him, but that is more personal preference :)

Again, I'm not going to bash, I have fun in d3, and want to continue having as much fun in this game as I had/have when I boot up d2:LoD. The game has the raw materials to be great, I would love to see it truly shine!

Warmest Regards,
Lord Saren

P.S. Apologies for the multitude of grammatical errors and typo's.
Edited by lordsaren101#1457 on 1/20/2013 11:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
Necromance won't happen. That's what the Witch Doctor is.

I do agree about using Diablo's brothers. Bring them back and use them like they were used in Diablo 2. Dark, gritty, a no BS attitude. The storytelling in Diablo 1/2 was amazing. Diablo 3's storytelling, well it's garbage.
Reply Quote
Necromance won't happen. That's what the Witch Doctor is.

I do agree about using Diablo's brothers. Bring them back and use them like they were used in Diablo 2. Dark, gritty, a no BS attitude. The storytelling in Diablo 1/2 was amazing. Diablo 3's storytelling, well it's garbage.

I agree, the story is truly lacking. I miss my Necro, so hope springs eternal :)
Reply Quote
Bump.
Reply Quote
Druid is my make or break point. If Druids aren't put into the game and play well I will likely just quit. I've enjoyed maybe 100 hours of the game and played over 300. I want to give it a chance, but the expansion needs to make some drastic fundamental changes and take a huge leap in the completely opposite direction it's going.

PS if you are looking for a dedicated SnB character what better way to do that then adding Vaslly (Bul Kathos' brother).
Edited by n0rain#1149 on 1/20/2013 4:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
I want to go romping through hell again. And fight a boss that is more scary than an annoying voice in my head telling me it is impossible to beat him.

Essentially I want an evil laugh with a very evil sounding voice, lots of black and red and lava/fire everywhere, more tribal or demonic sounding drums, epic death sounds on all monsters, my character to stop talking about how awesome he is (really, it kills the mood for me when there is chatting going on while I am decimating hell minions), and other character/monster stuff.

The other character/monster stuff: auras, damage type resistances on monsters, ability to equip multiple sets of weapons (like seriously... who goes into battle with just one weapon and no backup weapon on their back or hip?), ability to equip more gear on followers to make them more effective and change their look, more frequent and longer side dungeons (2 levels and extremely short? come on...), and there is more but this is all I have time to think of for now.
Reply Quote
you want to pay more money to fix this game with an expansion? that's dumb. aren't we all paying the tax on AH, that should be enough to "pay" for patches.
Reply Quote
As far as new classes are concerned, paladins are not likely, since the game's monk and templar have all the "holy" bases covered. Necromancers, while different from the witch doctor in some regards, are still undead summoners and would be too redundant with the game's existing zombie and spirit-based skills.

Every character type from Diablo 2 has been covered by the versatility of the five in Diablo 3 except for the role of the shapeshifter. A druid or a beast master type class is bound to make a return, likely as a strength-based character due to the lack of a second strength class.

A demon or angel class is not likely, because the idea behind the series is that humans provide the balance between the angels and demons. The concept behind a demon/angel class is also too broad (i.e., like a 'human' class), and any attempt to create a subcategory would create too much of a niche. Blizzard stated with the creation of the five classes in Diablo 3 that their intention for the class designs was to have familiar character archetypes. Everyone can envision what a barbarian's play style would be. Everyone can envision what abilities a wizard would possess. Fictional demon hunters such as Van Helsing are commonly portrayed as quick-witted, agile characters toting crossbows and a variety of trap devices. While things like death knights work for World of Warcraft, in which characters are divided by race, they would be far too ambiguous for Diablo 3.

I looked over some old threads on this subject, and I feel that most suggestions are simply too vague, niche, or redundant. For instance, take the suggestion of a samurai class. The idea sounds great if not for the fact that there is already enough of an eastern or Asian influence in the game with the wizard and the monk. Though the monk appears to have more Eastern European roots, his skills utilize ideas rooted in South and East Asian theologies.

New classes need to be (1) distinct enough from existing classes in both theme and skill set, (2) a familiar archetype with the general population, and (3) a good fit within the lore and scope of Sanctuary and its overarching plot.
Edited by Umbra#1595 on 1/20/2013 6:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
go one better do a "prequel" anything before d1 happened.
Reply Quote
Since the game is designed so your build is given to you rather than assisted with items, I would love to see a druid that plays more like the WoW druid. Perhaps add some summons as a spell as well.

That could be a step in the right direction, making all 3 attributes actually do something (int for caster/summoner str for werebear dex for werewolf), while people will focus on a certain attribute, the gear with the extra stat properties could make for some really interesting builds.

For example. A spirit summon that buffs scale with int, int could be a third property for either shapeshifting build. Or you could make a bear that heals with a hunger dot that scales off strength so you could go heavy DPS wolf spec with Str as a third property and shift to bear to keep hunger dot up. Basically the idea is just to give you soo many different ways to build your character... something that most of the community wants.
Edited by Khailen#1437 on 1/20/2013 7:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
First of all

Umbra

I love that name! =)

Secondly, I often wonder about the map and the lore for druids. They seemed to have purposely gone into great detail and even made their homeland a main point on the map. I do hope that Druids return but I am very skeptical of the developers ability to deliver quality game play that will match or exceed my memories of being a wind or werebear druid. Pelts and hammers were also major points that made druids somewhat special in my opinion.
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Khailen
Since the game is designed so your build is given to you rather than assisted with items, I would love to see a druid that plays more like the WoW druid. Perhaps add some summons as a spell as well.

God no! Druids from WoW is why I stopped playing WoW!
Reply Quote
Spoiler Alert! If any of you haven't beat Act 3 please don't read.

Have Adria as a boss since she betrayed you after killing Azmodan. Either have her fighting style either like Zoltun Kulle or since it's implied she's one of the coven's leaders, she turns herself into a demon. Kinda like in the original D2 Baal is karma houdini and in LoD he's a boss.
Reply Quote
My hopes for the expansion would be:

Fallen angels: Imperius and Malthael. and or
Mephisto(he needs more screen time)

Adria is a given sub boss.
Reply Quote
If they want this "multiplayer" game to be more enjoyable why do they make us loose the followers and their buffs when we are in a party. I enjoy being in a group but its better for me to play solo. In a group I sorely miss my enchantress with her charms, armor buff, attack speed buff and the demon spawning from her maximus off tanking for me. Not to mention the added MF from her gear. Why would I want to loose all that to play in a group.
P.S Bring back the Paladin and his auras!
Reply Quote
Maybe some sort of Panda that knows martial arts.....Like in that disney movie. Now THAT would be epic!
Reply Quote
I would love to see the druid come back. He was defiantly my favorite. From a casual players perspective, it's tough to play for a few hours every week or so and have to do the same levels over again. I actually did enjoy the story line but now that I've beaten the game twice it's a bit redundant to play it over again and just be frustrated that it has the same ending everything just harder to kill. It would be sweet to be able to design your own character. For example choose the way he or she looks, what kind of weapons he uses best, how fast compared to how strong, what kind of "spirit" or "mana" they use and what they use it for. And what kind of background they come from. It would totally personalize the gameplay and make for a more interesting adventure. I mean who wouldn't love to see themselves fighting at bastions keep going all two towers on the demon bastards.

Just a thought though!
Reply Quote
players past as well, why was the witch doctor exiled??? let us play through the previous games (not in the lame way bethesda did with dragonborn being a take on morrowind in skyrim) give us a new version of the old games just for the experience, including the d1 and d2 expansion areas
Reply Quote

I looked over some old threads on this subject, and I feel that most suggestions are simply too vague, niche, or redundant. For instance, take the suggestion of a samurai class. The idea sounds great if not for the fact that there is already enough of an eastern or Asian influence in the game with the wizard and the monk. Though the monk appears to have more Eastern European roots, his skills utilize ideas rooted in South and East Asian theologies.

you have a point and im only saying this for the sake of the discussion but we could easily see a "Mempo" class, in case i am the only one who noticed, that is a samuri helm
Reply Quote
Give us an extra program that will allow us to make our own maps for network games. Kinda like Ultima online and Quake 3 arena. PPLLLEAASSSEEEE ? :) :) :) :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]