Diablo® III

Nerfing Crit possibly fixes everything wrong with D3.

If you don't want it, don't use it!

Blizzard doesn't need to nerf or buff anything. They need to start leaving stuff alone! It's not broken and doesn't need to be fixed. What's wrong with it? Who cares that gloves without CC are garbage?? Implementing your idiotic ideas would be way worse than leaving things as they are. If you don't like it, don't use it. It's your game, play it how you want!

There's things that could be improved about literally everything in the world. Does everything need to be changed? NO!

When will this end? "Blizzard needs to change this. Wah, wah, wah..."
Edited by deacon8#1815 on 1/21/2013 1:10 PM PST
Personally, I almost feel like they should remove crit now and scale down enemy hp as well as change how crit proc skills work.
No crit is no diablo 3...
Even if this is going to happen (and it probably should) it won't be for at least an expansion, which is god knows when. So all of you Credit Card Barb/Wiz warriors with 60% CC and 2 billion damage crits can rest easy for a while!

Expansions are pretty much the perfect time to redo itemization anyway; Economy is pretty much gonna be back to square one, there's new gear to find, etc.
His post is so disliked that the text is becoming too dark to even read.
01/21/2013 01:12 PMPosted by CrazyL3gs
His post is so disliked that the text is becoming too dark to even read.

I agree with it :/.

It's probably the people who stacked crit after spending too much time farming for it or using rmah that are upset.
Cap thorns at 20k. Thorns too OP! I fought a guy with 100k thorns in PVP and he almost took my HP from 99% to 96%. Too strong.

Jokes aside, I agree with OP (except on the "fixing everything" note) but enforcing caps is not good. We'd need them to do something along the lines of the IAS nerf again and halving or more the current crit gears on all items

When you can get people with effective 10 mil dps, the game is just to the point where the power-creep on items has gotten outrageous and uncontrollable.
Edited by Vanguardian#1813 on 1/21/2013 1:18 PM PST
Cap thorns at 20k. Thorns too OP! I fought a guy with 100k thorns in PVP and he almost took my HP from 99% to 96%. Too strong.

Jokes aside, I agree with OP but enforcing caps is not good. We'd need them to do something along the lines of the IAS nerf again and halving or more the current crit gears on all items

When you can get people with effective 10 mil dps, the game is just to the point where the power-creep on items has gotten outrageous and uncontrollable.

Completely agree. It makes it so the people with 20k dps cannot effectively fight higher power monsters because they don't have anywhere near the gear for it.
01/20/2013 02:12 PMPosted by Monoxide27
Nerf CC, and you just open the door for something else to take its spot, just like CC did for IAS. Nerfing ONE stat in NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM will EVER fix the economy. Sorry.

This is blatantly false. Crit damage % needs cap @ 100%. boom. GG.
01/21/2013 01:20 PMPosted by Eunuchorn
Nerf CC, and you just open the door for something else to take its spot, just like CC did for IAS. Nerfing ONE stat in NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM will EVER fix the economy. Sorry.

This is blatantly false. Crit damage % needs cap @ 100%. boom. GG.

I'd prefer remove crit but I suppose I could live with 100% bonus.
bump for insanity reasons
This will make another stat more valorable, like stun? xD
01/21/2013 01:17 PMPosted by gd1
Completely agree. It makes it so the people with 20k dps cannot effectively fight higher power monsters because they don't have anywhere near the gear for it.

Lmao. Let me get this straight. Because a person (not in your game or has ever played with you) has higher cc and cd than you...

You, having 20K dps, can't fight higher MP.

First time in A LONG time that I actually read something that makes ME feel stupid reading it...

This has to be maybe one of the most self-serving threads I have ever seen on this forum. I would like just ONCE for somebody with 60% crit and 400% cd come in here and agree with this nonsense.

Lmao. Let me get this straight. Because a person (not in your game or has ever played with you) has higher cc and cd than you...

You, having 20K dps, can't fight higher MP.

First time in A LONG time that I actually read something that makes ME feel stupid reading it...

This has to be maybe one of the most self-serving threads I have ever seen on this forum. I would like just ONCE for somebody with 60% crit and 400% cd come in here and agree with this nonsense.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Whiteraven-1955/hero/21399160

It's the OP.
Edited by gd1#1326 on 1/21/2013 1:41 PM PST
I to this day do not understand how nerfing things can make people stronger in this game.

Buff the S out of stuff to give people options. Stop nerfing please for the love of everything holy.
CC didn't take IAS's place. CC was always better than IAS when paired with CD. It's just that back when they nerfed IAS drops were so bad no one could get decent CC/CD on all their gear.
The problem with the whole D3 affix system is there is are few if any real choices to be made based on spec. The only choice is how much Gold or RMAH balance you can afford.

The fix isn't shutting down the Auction Houses, and it isn't nerfing one stat or another, it is IMO making certain affixes mutually exclusive, to start with IAS, CC, and CD. I'd even go so far as Main stats and Vit and Resistances!

Before everyone screams NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Consider that certain builds favor CC, certain builds favor IAS, and all builds DPS are increased by CD assuming a certain base level of CC. How much of each becomes a balancing act based on how many pieces of gear can get that affix. You can go all IAS on rings, Ammy, Bracers, Gloves, Mempo etc. for a fast hitting small hits approach (eg. WW barbs), split the difference and get half those items with CC and half with IAS for a more balanced approach (CM wizards need some of both to function), or go for all CC+CD for the big hitting slow builds (eg. HOTA barbs).

Get rid of the necessity for every class of every build to have trifecta gloves, bracers, ammy's and rings and make for meaningful gear choices. Right now all I have to do to go from WW to HOTA is swap out for a Skorn, and tbh I can play HOTA just fine Dual wielding, where are the gearing choices? The only determining factors are how long I've played, how lucky I've been getting drops to sell, and how close my battle net or gold balance is to affording the mempo with crit or the 33-66 maxmin dmg/ 350str/350vit/9IAS/10CC/100CD trifecta ammy that BulKathos himself could only dream of owning!

How about if gear could only have Strenght OR Vitality OR All Resistance? Now I really have to make some gearing choices, I can get a ton of AR, have low HP and Low damage, but (assuming resistances and incoming damage are adjusted in the game to suit the change in stat availability) I'd have survivability equal or better than the Barb with Vit on every item, but equally low DPS and no Resistances. Standing next to the Barb with stacking nothing but Strength who could destroy MP10 champions in one shot, but in turn is a true glass cannon with zero chance of surviving 10 seconds in MP0. Now we have some choices to make, dropping a piece of AR gear for Vit Gear being somewhat equal in surviability terms, swaping out the same gear for Strenght and a corresponding DPS increase costing some survivability. No more compulsory Str/Vit/AR gear.

In turn I see this balancing the economy as almost every drop with just one decent roll becomes of value, versus the current situation of everything that isn't perfect is worthless and anything that can be sold has to have a many zeros as the AH will allow to even be visible!
Nerfing crit damage wouldn't do much either because Diablo 3 doesn't have other damage modifiers like Diablo 2 does. Diablo 2 in addition to critical/deadly strike, had crushing blow, piercing, ignore target defense, dot's, etc. D3 doesn't have any of those things.
01/21/2013 02:11 PMPosted by FooTWO
regular inferno is already care bear mode, and you don't need 50% cc or 200K dps to do.

I lol'd at this.

Care bears are CUTE!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]