Diablo® III

Nerfing Crit possibly fixes everything wrong with D3.

i think the people siding with the OP need to read the patch notes and see or even test out how bliz planned on balancing out gems a bit better to reflect other builds to attempt to rebalance the class specs to some degree before ranting and raving about stuff they cant afford as upgrades to stay on par with the top players of this game. crit isnt for everyone and if its not for you then you now have an alternative. if it means you are still weaker then everyone else then perhaps your just bad at the game or in logical thinking :)
I think crit. damage is a bit overpowered. Needs to be nerfed a bit.
% 20 for ex.
Build diversity is needed

A weapon without crit damage or a socket makes nonsense even it is 1300 dps ( one handed )
Edited by Blodhemn#2951 on 1/22/2013 5:39 AM PST
i think the people siding with the OP need to read the patch notes and see or even test out how bliz planned on balancing out gems a bit better to reflect other builds to attempt to rebalance the class specs to some degree before ranting and raving about stuff they cant afford as upgrades to stay on par with the top players of this game. crit isnt for everyone and if its not for you then you now have an alternative. if it means you are still weaker then everyone else then perhaps your just bad at the game or in logical thinking :)

You said "i think" at the beginning of your comment so I'll let it just slide as opinion, but I think you may be assuming overmuch of the players that side with the OP or at least acknowledge that he may be on to something. It is true that top end gear of any kind is always very costly and some peoples' motivation for wanting changes to crit are based less out of a desire to improve the game and rather an attempt to improve their standing within the game, but that's hardly always the case. Crit as it stands (crit damage more than crit chance) is very unbalancing to the rest of the game. It renders a great deal of otherwise good drops useless and makes other socketing options laughable, just to list one or two of the problems it presents. I will grant you, however, that the patch could potentially improve some aspects of the game's balance surrounding gems, but keep in mind it's very unlikely for it to fix a great number of the problems it causes. Anyway, no need to be demeaning to others for their opinions of the game as there is a great number of opinions here and they won't always be congruent with your own. =)
GD1 ! why dont you give money to every homeless person you see? you should FEDEX all your left over food to poor people in developing countries. Hell ! why dont you give up your home and car to people who dont work. Yes! Yes! Why play for 500+ hours and understand an economy in Auction, when Blizzard should just lower the demands of game play for people WITH AN IQ of 70! You and the rest just like you are the reason why this game has become horrible. Blizzard ACTUALLY DOES LISTEN! TO PEOPLE WHO ARE THE LEAST INTELLIGENT!
I personally think that CC is awesome just the way it is, we need benchmarks to shoot for to make us stand out from the other builds. MF is capped, Stats are automatic, skill points and talent trees are obsolete. Please let me have my CC and play in peace.
Prisus. My god if there were only more sensible people like you! This game has become a joke for one simple reason. 99.9% of the players are idiots
I thought this retarded thread would be gone by now. Either way part of the demand for certain stats and weaps is that they raise the dodgy sheet dps number which isnt even relevant to most builds.

Why would anyone want to gimp stats with 577k dps I cant run high mp in archon which is the build I'd like to be using all the time. That tells me I don't have enough crit/atk speed/crit dmg/int.

Also in regard to there being other stats that will become better if crit is nerfed, What are they? There is only 4 stats that bump dps they are the desirable stats, atk speed/ crit / crit dmg / primary stat. Basically it wont change you will still want those on your weap or item plus lifesteal. The only difference is that you won't be hitting as hard.

I would have thought lifesteal would be more to blame for inflating weap prices on the ah (if thats even happening) as it is the only counter to reflect damage. Reflect damage being the only weakness to a high dps end game player.
Edited by KillemAll#1405 on 1/22/2013 6:08 AM PST
'I'll only respond to the thread due to the idea being absurd.' Nice quote Darmival.

Yes the answer this thread is wrong and ahh fail... the only major culprit here is the itemization and rolls, hence to answer your question why some many drops are completely worthless!

Basically all Blizzard had to do was at least balance out some of the Legendary Items a little and improve the rolls.

Why are there very few options to use good weapons?
Like why is the Grandfather such a piece of ....?
Why does the Last Breath get owned by Manajuma's Carving Knife?
Why not say add a standard bonus of APS to the Last Breath?
Where was there any reasonable resemblance of even some balance here?

Why is everyone wearing the same gear e.g.

Mempo of Twilight
Lacuni Prowlers
The Witching Hour
Inna's Temperance

All this resembles is a complete lack of itemization creativity, due to poor standard stat affixes. Again pretty much forces everyone to look the same. I was ubering the other night and it was like club Mempo of gayness.

The only decent option for Legendary items is boots, there are about 4-5 really good options.

Basically they clearly need to improve the stats on a lot of the Leg items (the poor one's.... which is most).

Fix the items themselves and not the mechanics of the game.

Simply read this thread in detail and it will tell you exactly what needs to be fixed:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593581822?page=16#317
Relax people, OP just got nerd-rage knowing his 5M Mempo will cost 500M just for a +6% Crit Chance
'I'll only respond to the thread due to the idea being absurd.' Nice quote Darmival.

Yes the answer this thread is wrong and ahh fail... the only major culprit here is the itemization and rolls, hence to answer your question why some many drops are completely worthless!

Basically all Blizzard had to do was at least balance out some of the Legendary Items a little and improve the rolls.

Why are there very few options to use good weapons?
Like why is the Grandfather such a piece of ....?
Why does the Last Breath get owned by Manajuma's Carving Knife?
Why not say add a standard bonus of APS to the Last Breath?
Where was there any reasonable resemblance of even some balance here?

Why is everyone wearing the same gear e.g.

Mempo of Twilight
Lacuni Prowlers
The Witching Hour
Inna's Temperance

I agree with you Vile wards would have to be one of the worst offenders there is no close second place. That shows how little effort was put into designing shoulder slot when there is no other possible alternative.

It would be nice if there were different shoulder items that rolled useful stats where you would have to stop and make a choice how you wanted to play.
Edited by KillemAll#1405 on 1/22/2013 6:24 AM PST
01/21/2013 05:56 PMPosted by Baaalzamon
WISH BLIZZ WOULD NERF THE OP SO HE CANT POST ANY OF THIS CRAP ANYMORE

Well, Blizz probably won't do that, but the irony of the OP asking for a nerf for everyone else is that HIS gear is about to get the nerf in release 1.0.7 (by about 10% overall dps). I'm sure though, since the OP isn't the selfish type, he'll be fine with it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593742992
Why dont they just leave the game alone and quit nerfing and capping everything. In the end no one is going to play this game when you cant even beat a level one monster without dying 20 times.
why not just make a new affix that makes a creature immune to criticals ... all undead should be immune to crits as they have no vital organs ... and maybe some champions/elites could use this to offset the high reliance on crit damage

nerfing reflect damage was a step in the wrong direction if you ask me ... it kept the dps junkies at bay ... now there will be even more emphasis on crit chance/crit damage
Yeah, that would fix the game. Seriously OP? Do you know how long it would take to kill crap if you didnt'do a ton of damage. All that would do is make the game slow down even more and suck the life out of it.
Yes lets just nerf the only thing that makes it viable to essentially play the game, nerf crit and we're back in the 1.0.5 days of endless grinding with little reward. What they need to do is fix the itemization and "rng" of specific drops, because it is very obvious that certain items have a higher drop chance than others (for example..Ageless Might>Witching Hour, or...Dark Mages Shade>Mempo). This is THE biggest problem in D3 to date, I personally like the progression Blizz has made and enjoy the game now but they really need to allow equal opportunity of chance to receive drops of higher quality, (this is not rng, its obvious these higher quality items have a much lower chance to drop). Fix the itemization, and you fix everything that is wrong with Diablo 3.

As for the topic of crit, I do think the first crit wins game that is "PvP" at the moment is laughable and quite annoying. This is what kills dueling for me, it gets quite boring really fast. I believe they should nerf crit (or overall damage) in the dueling arena only to drag the fights out a little longer and give the players a chance to showcase a little skill rather than just dashing strike/hota one shotting.

Nerf crit in the arena, Leave it alone for the grind.
I'm not *entirely* opposed to this idea, from a progressive gameplay perspective, but I have concerns. Yes, if they entirely revamped the itemization for this game, this might be a necessary change. What I fear is the following: They nerf crit like they did IAS, but change nothing else. The game becomes less fun for everyone (crits really are fun due to their somewhat random nature, and I try to stack them in every game I play), and there is no appreciable benefit. Before I'd ever willingly sign off on a nerf, I'd have to be assured that there are several interesting/worthy alternatives that would become viable as a result. Until then, hands off!
Cap it based on each individual skill, the amount of crit damage bonus you receive cannot exceed the Weapon damage of the skill.

A skill that does 300% weapon damage cannot exceed 300% crit damage and a skill like wave of light has no limits.

So if your primary damage dealing skill does 200% it would be more worthwhile to get attack speed. Make choice matter again!

This would make skills much easier to balance, bring the numbers back into a more realistic value that would benefit pvp. Also Inferno MP scaling above 5 is bad so you can always nerf the hp of those monsters in order to compensate for the damage loss.
50 Tauren Paladin
I know Blizzard is hesitant to nerf crit due to the massive outrage the community would surely experience... but for all the same reasons blizz nerfed Attack Speed, crit has got to go. Right now crit is the single determining factor on whether a piece of equipment is good, or if it's just medicore. You could have all perfect double stat primary roll with awesome vit/resistance, etc.. but no crit and it's laughably bad.

The itemization is extremely one-dimensional in this way. To make matters worse, actual balance is effected. Crit trivializes the content, which is against the design philosophy of things supposedly being "very hard" in Inferno mode. Crit allows for cheese builds like sprint/ww and critical mass/wicked wind... which no matter how much Blizz claims they like these builds, you cannot look me in the eye and say it was the developer's intent for those skills to synergize in that way.

Right now Crit Chance needs to be given a hard cap of... 30% (30% may be way too high, but I say to nerf it to that level, and then see how it holds up, and if necessary, drop it down to 25% max)

Crit damage needs to have the values cut in half on all equipment in all slots, and emeralds need to do soemthing else other than crit damage in weapons.. take that away, nerf it out entirely.

See if the game doesn't get better. A lot of people will be angry for a while, but just like Attack Speed nerf, eventually they'll forget about it and move on.. meanwhile balance returns to the item market, so that more than just 0.001% of items are worth anything.. suddenly all manner of items are worth something to someone.

The Economy gets fixed, Itemization gets fixed, OP builds get fixed, and the game becomes something resembling what the team intended it to be, again.

/edit - adding this latest reply to the Original Post so more people notice it.
Fine, community... you don't want crit nerfed. That's apparent. So, go onto the Auction House, and search for one of the expensive one-billion gold items. Now run a search on that exact item, property for property, value for value.. but just remove crit from it. That SAME exact awesome item is now worth roughly 100k.. if it even sells at all.

So Crit has 1000x+++ the value of any other stat.. and you DON'T think it's a problem? Ok, then.. you wouldn't be opposed to Blizzard making Crit roll on every single item that drops in Inferno then? Then you don't have to live with a nerf, you keep your insane DPS and Synergy build, but the value still lowers on crit and equalizes the market. The ONLY reason you'd be opposed to that change is out of greed.

funny how the guy wanted cc to be nerfed has a crit mass wizard -.-
just sayin
Why only low dps players think that crit is too op? L2P and get gear bro.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]